Inshart 01-Jan-18
Bou'bound 01-Jan-18
hawkeye in PA 01-Jan-18
Hawkeye 01-Jan-18
Hawkeye 01-Jan-18
Bowriter 02-Jan-18
Scar Finga 02-Jan-18
01-Jan-18
It is a time when major daily newspapers are doing away with outdoor pages and writers or appointing the golf writer to edit canned copy. In Cookeville, TN, a town that is about 100-miles east of Nashville and home to TN Tech. University, the Cookeville Daily Herald Citizen is going the other way. Jack McNeely, the young, by my standards, editor/publisher, decided he needed an an outdoor page. He emailed me, we talked on the phone and met for lunch. As of today, I am the outdoor editor with a full page and full color, starting this Thursday. I will also be doing regular reports on a new radio show they are starting. Jack, the sports editor, Scott Wilson and I are all on the same page, pun intended and I am excited about the possibilities. It is a great way to start the new year, even if I am going to have to work a little. I will now be reaching a total of about 65,000 readers each week. Have to watch what I say, might offend someone. :)

01-Jan-18
Congratulations and best wishes on your new adventure.

01-Jan-18
Congrats! that should keep the sap flowing through them joints a lil

01-Jan-18
Good on you John.

01-Jan-18
Great job John

01-Jan-18
Congratulations John, you'll do good and be good for the sport.

01-Jan-18
Congrats!!

01-Jan-18
Congrats!!

02-Jan-18
Ground hunter-I can't cover trapping. Don't know a thing about it and I only write about subjects I am familiar with. I am not a reporter, don't do interviews well at all. Mostly, I tell stories. And that is exactly what they want.

02-Jan-18
Congratulations, sounds like a great gig!

• Sitka Gear