GLP 03-Jan-18
Shug 03-Jan-18
Franklin 03-Jan-18
Ermine 04-Jan-18
Grubby 04-Jan-18
Bigfishhunter 08-Jan-18
DartonJager 10-Jan-18
02-Jan-18
Thoughts and opinions which rest. Buying a new rest looking at Trophy Taker Pro Smackdown, Quad Ultra, or Code Red which is most simple and rugged.

02-Jan-18
I like my Quad's. Don't know if they are any better than those others. But, I ain't easy on stuff and, they have never failed me yet. God Bless

02-Jan-18
Trophy Taker for me.....

02-Jan-18
Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro.

02-Jan-18
Ripcord Ace for me

02-Jan-18
I've had both QAD and trophy taker Smackdown Pro. Prefer the Trophy Taker.

02-Jan-18
Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro for me as well. Bulletproof.

02-Jan-18
TT Smackdown Pro limb driven

02-Jan-18
I have both a QAD HDX Ultra rest and a Bowfinger Madusa Max rest. Shot both 1000s of times no issue with either. Both are simple enough to set up any archer who is reasonably mechanically inclined should be able install and tune them both with ease. The design of the Madusa max is easier to set up and adjust/tune in that the screw for adjusting the rest's horizontal left/right movement is much more accessible than the QAD. But while not difficult, both are bothersome to adjust the rest for left to right. The Maduse max gave me a more than a few moments of cursing because when tuning for broad head flight I reached a point where needed to make adjustments in very, VERY slight increments of 1/32" and even as slight as I could visibly by eye, guessing 1/64" or less and when I would tighten the bolt it would almost always move the rest and screw up my adjustment. I finally got it set up. Although not huge, I would be lying if I said it wasn't a PITA I would have rather not had to deal with. I encountered a similar problem with the QAD rest. Don't get me wrong I would recommend the Bowfinger over the QAD only because it is made with fewer and more durable internal parts and the string that operates the rest is easier to replace VS the QAD, the Madusa max is not perfect, but I would buy one again. What Id really love is a rest that is truly micro adjustable as I have heard countless reports the micro adjust feature of the Rip Cord Code red is less than Ideal. For my next rest purchase and one you might wish to consider/research is the Hamskea Archery Hybrid Hunter Micro Tune, but be prepared to get out the wallet they are spendy. Hopefully someone here who has a HAHHMT can give an honest evaluation if its micro adjustability is actually that micro adjustable.

03-Jan-18
which is most simple and rugged? ( Whisker Biscuit )

03-Jan-18
Hamskea Hybrid Pro, or QAD Ultra.

03-Jan-18
NAP Apache Carbon. ONE moving part. VERY quiet.

03-Jan-18
most simple/rugged I've used is a whisker biscuit....that being said I have since gone back to a QAD because my broadhead accuracy wasn't what I wanted it to be which I'm sure was the result of my form issues when buck fever hits. nonetheless, I killed a pile of deer with the biscuit without complaint.

03-Jan-18
Have used Trophy Taker, QAD and Ripcord. My preference is as follows:

1. Trophy Taker 2. Ripcord 3. QAD

03-Jan-18
Tiger Tuff or Bodoodle rest. Simple to adjust.

03-Jan-18
limb driver

03-Jan-18
Dartonjager: I have the Hamskeea Hybrid Hunter with microtune. It works very well. Can move tiny amount and it doesn't move when tightening the bolt.

03-Jan-18
Double post

03-Jan-18
I have used the original Trophy Taker, Whisker biscuit, Ripcord, Limbdriver pro V, and Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro. ALL good rests! Simplest is the whisker biscuit. Easiest to tune and set up the Smackdown Pro, Also the most rugged in my experience. Only one I had trouble with was the Ripcord. And I had 3 before that went one bad. (that is when I went to the Smackdown) Limbdriver is great, just not as rugged in my opinion, but is still solid. I have a bow set up for popup blinds and the whisker biscuit is on it. (very quiet and arrow stays put) But you will not go wrong w/ any mentioned in this thread. Greg

03-Jan-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
The greatest... most reliable rest ever... When I switched from recurve to compound in 93 I put one on my bow and it’s all I’ve ever shot...

03-Jan-18
AHHH Shug....brings back memories....I shot that rest and every variation for 20 plus years back in the day....I think the last was called the "Micro Rest" or close.

04-Jan-18
Hamskea Versa Rest is the best out there in my opinion.

04-Jan-18
I’ve had a QAD on both bows for 5-6 years now with zero issues. I like them.

08-Jan-18
limbdriver

10-Jan-18

DartonJager's embedded Photo
DartonJager's embedded Photo
Thanks for the info nvgoat. I am considering buying a back up bow and if I do will give the HAM rest a try. The Bowfinger is IMHO a great bomb proof well made rest and based on my experience if YOU ARE CAPABLE it can shoot fixed blade BH's with accuracy equal to that of field points. BUT tuning it for 1/32" or 1/64" or less is a pain, yes it can be done but will required at least FOR ME 4-6 attempts for each adjustment. But I must say once adjusted the BF/MM allows excellent accuracy and has not moved in 1000s of shots. Picture is of a group that I'm not sure if it was a 35 or 40 yard shot as I just don't remember. Rest is a Bowfinger Madusa Max, BH is a Wasp Boss SST, DW is 58lbs, speed is around 265-268fps again IIRC.

• Sitka Gear