SteveB 07-Jan-18
Kodiak 07-Jan-18
IdyllwildArcher 07-Jan-18
stealthycat 07-Jan-18
DL 07-Jan-18
06-Jan-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I was scheduled to go hunting on this fellas property this year but with my other hunt taking priority I passed until next year. He said last years Bear was bigger than this one. Weighed 703 pounds live. Had 205 pounds of fat on it. He was able to bet his tractor to it and load it in the bucket. Hate to have to cut that grease ball up to pack it out. You’d probably have to burn your clothes. I doubt you’d ever get all the grease out of them or the smell. No long arming this carcass to make it look larger.

06-Jan-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Heck of a hide too

06-Jan-18
Whopper bear... should go high in P&Y. Ed F

07-Jan-18
OMG!

07-Jan-18
Didn't know you could still hunt bears in California. The commies will surely put a stop to it.

07-Jan-18
Bear size in CA is sure to go up now that they're not huntable with dogs. Couple that with no spring season and no baiting... The P&Y WR is already from CA (Shasta area). I saw a couple of real woppers in NorCal the last time I hunted there. The area I saw the most would be a viable spot and stalk hunt and I've considered going back, but there's just so many other species to hunt between August and December...

07-Jan-18
no great field photo's ?

07-Jan-18
Nope

08-Jan-18
Looks like a beast. Congrats.

• Sitka Gear