Bigfishhunter 10-Jan-18
daleheth 10-Jan-18
walks with a gimp 11-Jan-18
daleheth 11-Jan-18
Bigfishhunter 11-Jan-18
walks with a gimp 11-Jan-18
Bigfishhunter 11-Jan-18
10-Jan-18
Just looking for some help finding resources with tuning my Binary Cams on my 06 Tribute.

I am trying to paper tune and bareshaft tune, after having not shot for 5 years. My top cam seems straight and in line with the string when I lay an arrow along it, but my bottom one is leaning while at rest toward the cable guard. It has seemed really fussy to tune, and I have had to make sure my grip is just perfect, but I am wondering if this is also part of the reason. So, if anyone has any info out there about the best way to tune using the cables, let me know. Or would I work on that with shims? I guess I will have to purchase a portable bow press. I live 8 hours drive from the nearest archery pro shop.

10-Jan-18
Theres no yoke legs on that so you would need to shim the cam to get it straight again. Check them both at full draw though before you do anything. You're not getting a bullet hole i assume or are having trouble getting broadheads to fly? Just trying to figure out what you mean by fussy.

10-Jan-18
Set your timing, that's about all you can do with yokeless bows in regards to the cables, you can move your rest out of center or even better you will need to shim it, or even better sell it and buy a bow with dual static yokes like a bowtech experience, and the are cheap in the AT classifieds !! Or get it as close as you can and shoot mechs, especially if your only hunting deer sized game

10-Jan-18
Is there any room to rotate your cable guard toward your string without causing fletching clearance issues?

10-Jan-18
I haven't started broadhead tuning yet. Currently I am just shooting max 10 yards in my basement.

I have shot fletched arrows through paper, from 3-9 yards. I can get bullet holes if I hold the bow just right, and by just right, it seems to need a bit of thumb pressure. If I don't get my hold right, I can get tears.

I just ordered a new batch of arrows ( I only had one, haha) , and I am going to start some bareshaft tuning tonight.

10-Jan-18
I thought I was the only person in the world that shot a tribute. I had the same issue. The lean on mine was caused by bent parts on the cam. Bowtech replaced the parts for me free of charge. That was a few years ago but maybe it is worth a call

11-Jan-18
I've had better arrow flight and tuning with arrows on the stiffer side of what is recommended with the Binaries and the Allegiance and Tribute I had tuned closer to the outside of center shot. You can also play with different cable slides to eliminate a little cable torque, going with a longer slide helps.

11-Jan-18
I thought I was the only person in the world that shot a tribute. I had the same issue. The lean on mine was caused by bent parts on the cam. Bowtech replaced the parts for me free of charge. That was a few years ago but maybe it is worth a call

11-Jan-18
I am wondering if there isn't something bent somewhere, it just looks a bit off. I need to get to a pro shop.

I am able to get bareshafts to shoot bullets through paper at 3 yards, but when I step back to 10 feet I get a hard tear. Every now and then I can get a bullet. I am playing with my grip, not that drastic, but basically playing with my thumb pressure. I am thinking that the fact that I have to do this means that something is out of whack, it shouldn't be that touchy??

11-Jan-18
Reduce the cable torque and you will see it shooting better, IMO. What draw weight. length and arrows are you shooting?

11-Jan-18
It is 60 lb (don't know what it is actually pulling, but I have it maxed). I am shooting Axis 400's at 28".

If I take the cables off of the slide, the cam is still in that "leaning" or slanted position, almost as if it is twisted inward.

It is -30 outside, so I may just put it away for a couple of months and see about getting to a proshop sometime on a trip south in spring.

• Sitka Gear