12yards 10-Jan-18
EmbryOklahoma 10-Jan-18
Griz34 10-Jan-18
TMA1010 10-Jan-18
LINK 11-Jan-18
LINK 11-Jan-18
LINK 11-Jan-18
10-Jan-18
I want to say I feel bad for guys who have a bad guided hunt but there's always a silver lining.

The negative outfitter reports are like crack. Whenever a new "red" report is posted I open up with anticipation of what could possibly be the issue - not seeing game, no back massages or 180" deer around every corner.

It's even better when the outfitter chimes in. The drama is better than any Hitchcock film.

So what's your favorite?

10-Jan-18
I never look at them, but I will admit that your thread title made me look !

10-Jan-18
^^^^^^This^^^^^^^. But, I'm also going to start looking at them!

10-Jan-18
And most of the bad ones are rifle hunts!! Good entertainment for sure.

10-Jan-18
Double post

10-Jan-18
Thanks for the reminder! I haven't checked in quite awhile. Enjoyed some of the drama in the past for sure. Sometimes it seemed the outfitter was a bad deal, but sometimes I thought the hunters were kind of over the top.

10-Jan-18
Well, dang! Let me look at what I've been missing. Thanks for the heads up, Patrick!

10-Jan-18
One of the best parts of this site. Don't be a Todd.

10-Jan-18
"Don't be a Todd"....hmmmm

Makes this "Todd" wonder if I'm missing something!

11-Jan-18
Don’t look there ever as I don’t do guided hunts but it’s always entertaining when I do. How can someone write a 1 star review on here when the average of that outfitters reviews are 1 star. If he would have done his homework he would have known he’s getting shafted for 4-5k.

I’ve guided for an outfit for the last 10 or so years and I can’t remember the last time I guided someone that wasn’t a repeat hunter. Do your homework and if the outfitter can get you in on a short notice chances are it’s not a good outfit. Good outfitters, especially for whitetails, don’t have trouble filling hunts.

11-Jan-18
"don't look there ever...but when I do..."

?

LOL!

11-Jan-18
Ever as in not until I see it mentioned in the big game forums. No reason to get upset Frank just because you’re one of these guys posting up bad reviews. I’m sure even when doing your homework you can still have a bad bear hunt at a reputable outfitter. ;)

11-Jan-18
Cory, I was not upset, it was funny.

True that on the bad bear hunt!

11-Jan-18
That was a little tongue in cheek. Animals don’t always cooperate but its easy to see who runs a good outfit. One bad review out of numerous four and five star reviews doesn’t spell a bad outfitter.

• Sitka Gear