Wood 10-Jan-18
Grunt-N-Gobble 11-Jan-18
Brotsky 11-Jan-18
x-man 11-Jan-18
12yards 11-Jan-18
Brotsky 11-Jan-18
12yards 11-Jan-18
10-Jan-18
Finally bought a nice MBG Widowmaker sight. I haven't owned a sight that had multiple mounting options. Do you folks like your sight further out or closer in? And why?

10-Jan-18
I mount mine further out due to the longer sight plane. In theory, the longer the sight plane, the more accurate. Although the difference isn’t much in this case, I figure it can’t hurt.

10-Jan-18
The farther out you mount it the more wiggle it will show and the more precise it will be. You just have to see what works best for you.

11-Jan-18
It also allows you the ability to center your sight housing inside your peep. A large housing would require it to be mounted farther out and vice versa. Of course peep diameter plays a factor too.

11-Jan-18
One of the other benefits of moving the sight out away from the riser is that your pin gaps will get larger. Today's modern bows have very tight pin gaps, moving out away from the riser helps spread them out a little giving you a cleaner sight picture.

11-Jan-18
The farthest out you can get it while still keeping it inside your peep is best. I have a Sword sight with a dovetail mount for that very reason. That sight will out-live me, and I can transfer it to any bow and still adjust it to fit perfectly inside my peep.

11-Jan-18
Ok, so I mounted the sight last night as far out as possible. Now I have the sight housing as low as it can go to get my top pin to hit the bulls eye at 15 yards. I've always felt my peep is a little low, so if I raise my peep what effect will that have on my housing and pins? Is my form that bad that I can't mount my sight normal? LOL. It might be. my shoulders just won't go to normal places so my form suffers.

11-Jan-18
Raising your peep will also cause you to raise your sight housing because you will be lowering your anchor point. Lowering your anchor point is the solution to your problem.

11-Jan-18
Thanks Brotsky.

• Sitka Gear