hammer 16-Jan-18
x-man 16-Jan-18
Brotsky 16-Jan-18
12yards 16-Jan-18
hammer 16-Jan-18
Brotsky 16-Jan-18
hammer 16-Jan-18
16-Jan-18
Getting my 12 year old into bow hunting and not sure of what size / weight arrows he should be using . He has a 25"draw and is working for a 40Lb pull.. His bow is a Bear Cruzer Lite...Being fairly new to the sport myself , any help would be appreciated. The kid at my local archery shop was kinda clueless. Said " the ones over there in the box should be fine " ...Mike

16-Jan-18
If he is using a release and has the bow setup properly, he can shoot anything equal to or stiffer than a 27" .400 spine shaft.

I don't like to go shorter than 27" and I don't like to go weaker than .400 spine because the arrows tend to get too light and squirrely for good broadhead flight.

16-Jan-18
Hammer, not sure what your price range is but the low poundage archers in my house all shoot .500 spine Easton FMJ's. They all come in right around 360 gr with a 100 gr head. I've seen them get full pass throughs on everything from turkeys to bears with a good COC head. Excellent choice but kind of spendy, especially if he tends to lose arrows.

16-Jan-18
If you've got some 400 spine arrows laying around, I'd set his bow up for those. That's what I've done for my boys.

16-Jan-18
Thanks for all the info .I shoot 400 FMJs out of my PSE and have a few I could spare. If 400s would work ,that would be great. I have an assortment of those lying around . I have him shooting at the range so he wouldn't be losing too many. I hope ! LOL. I'll take any advice I can get ! Much appreciated...

16-Jan-18
Hammer, have him give them a try. If he's using a release as xman said earlier he'll be fine with those.

16-Jan-18
He is using a release. Thanks so much for the info guys. We got him an Xbow two years ago, sorry about that guys ,but he wanted to be able to join me this season for deer. In unit 1C where we live its bow hunting only so he has some time to practice. Thanx again.Mike

• Sitka Gear