Irishman 17-Jan-18
IdyllwildArcher 17-Jan-18
Mule Power 17-Jan-18
Royboy 17-Jan-18
Sage Buffalo 17-Jan-18
Mrwizard 17-Jan-18
Pyrannah 17-Jan-18
17-Jan-18
I retired almost 3 years ago and one of my dreams was to be a Elk hunting guide. Dream job has come true but my problem is no time for archery elk for myself. This last fall I hunted the first week of season here in Oregon but it was 90 degrees plus and very quiet as in no rut activity. I guide till the end of the Oregon season (which ends September 23) but realized I can hunt Wyoming archery till September 30 which brings me to my question. I am wondering if anyone would allow me to be a party member to help me draw a general tag? I do have 1 point but worry it’s not enough for the regular draw. I can still hunt on my own or maybe willing to hunt and help with a group. Thanks Fred

17-Jan-18
Fred, congrats on retiring! Sounds like you have a lot to offer to anyones camp. You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding the right group or hunter to hook up with, good luck!

ElkNut/Paul

17-Jan-18
Good luck - you'll probably need 2 points. I'd do it for you but burned mine last season.

Welcome to guiding. I've been there, and now whenever a guiding gig is dangled I just tell them I'm too busy hunting to guide.

Good luck with your effort in this!

17-Jan-18
Idaho has many good OTC Archery units that are open until Sept. 30th as well. No Points needed in Idaho.......AMEN!

17-Jan-18
Montana's elk archery season is open at least 2 weeks into October.

17-Jan-18
There are some November archery elk hunts in AZ that are not too tough to draw.

17-Jan-18
You will not draw in the regular draw. With only 1 point you’re not guaranteed a license in the special draw either. 2.5 will lock it in for you in the regular and 1.5 will most likely do it in the special. Good luck.

17-Jan-18
Thanks for the information everyone. Hadn’t thought of Idaho. Have a friend that did good in a general Wyoming unit last year which would give me a good start.

17-Jan-18
+1 Idaho. You can hunt every year and with your ability should do well and NEVER have to worry about drawing.

17-Jan-18

Mrwizard's embedded Photo
Mrwizard's embedded Photo
I live above you and have never used the draw system. I have a lot of property in prime elk country I can hunt. Problem is I don't know if I will be alive by this coming season but if I am I would gladly show you where to hunt and put you on elk everyday just send me a private reply. 7x6 rosey in Sept 17

17-Jan-18
PM sent roy!

• Sitka Gear