Scar Finga 19-Jan-18
WYelkhunter 19-Jan-18
elvspec 19-Jan-18
bad karma 19-Jan-18
Scrappy 19-Jan-18
SDHNTR(home) 19-Jan-18
BOX CALL 19-Jan-18
18-Jan-18
First elk hunt last year and used a 2017 XOP 3500. Could only carry about 35 pounds before the belt became useless. No matter what I did the belt would slide down. Did a ton of training with weight up to 55 pounds so it made the hunt bearable but it sucked. I contacted XOP and they worked with me on it to get it to work but nothing fixed my problem.

Kifaru has a video where they show there pack frames have different stays for different individuals back curve. But as you guys know those packs come with a hefty price tag.

Question is, does anyone else have a flat back and no butt, and have you been able to solve the issue of keeping the belt in place? Thanks in advance for the info guys.

18-Jan-18
Thats just wrong, funny but wrong.

18-Jan-18
Squats....and lots of them!

18-Jan-18
You need to have a pack with flat stays, either order from Kifaru or buy the Krux frame from Stone Glacier.

18-Jan-18
If you go the kifaru route. Order the aluminum stays and specify if your a semi flat or flat.

Kifaru has a video on checking your back to see if your flat, semi flat etc. Basically stand against the wall and have someone attemp to slide there hand in between your lower back and the wall.

18-Jan-18
That or butt implants...

18-Jan-18
Ohio, LOL... that was great and a cheap fix too boot!

18-Jan-18
^^ midwest has it right. Squat it out. I'm in the same boat - wasn't born with a thick ass. I have some issue with the KUIU 5200, but not terrible so long as I do my part to keep in shape.

18-Jan-18
Ohio, 'Those aren't pillows!!!"

18-Jan-18
Kifaru offers you the option of flat back composite stays, or aluminum stays (my choice) and bend them to fit. That is the advantage of the aluminum over composites.

18-Jan-18
I've got a ghetto booty so can't empathize in this situation.

18-Jan-18
All Kifaru aluminum stay frames are on sale for $250 right now. If you want one, now is the time. I promise you'll like it. Buy one, sell the one you have, and never look back.

18-Jan-18
I've seen women like that wearing yoga pants at Walmart.looks like two hogs fighting in a feed sack.

18-Jan-18
WV Mountaineer, I've already sold the XOP, was thinking about waiting to see what the new frame Kifaru has coming but with almost a 100 bucks off current model that is looking pretty good. Used ones sale for 250.

18-Jan-18
Used ones sale for closer to $300.

I am no pack authority nor, do I own another pack from one of the big makers like EXO, Stone Glacier, Seek Out Side. But, I've put a bunch of miles on my Hunter frame from Kifaru. A bunch with some heavy weight training and, even packing some meat. There is no way that the new frame is going to be more comfortable for me. No way. And, if the 5-6 ounces that it might be lighter, not worth the extra money in my opinion.

Get the aluminum flat back stays and don't be afraid to tweak on them until you get the perfect fit. Make sure you adjust the harness short enough for the pack to ride at navel level or slightly below, and that big Kifaru lumbar pad will lock that pack into place. It is a lot of money but, You'll never regret the purchase. God Bless

18-Jan-18
What is an XOP pack? I have a Kifaru tactical frame and a couple bags, EXO 2000, and a Kuiu Icon Pro 3200. I don't think I've ever heard of XOP packs.

18-Jan-18
Is the problem that your back is flat, or that your front is not? It’s amazing what having some semblance of a waist line will do for your ability to haul a heavy pack... and for your heart, and your blood pressure, and your life expectancy, and your quality of life, and, and, and.....

Squats are great but don’t go crazy... I used to be able to put up 3X my body weight, and 30-zone years later my hips sometimes give me hell about it.

If I had ever been a Big Dude, I probably wouldn’t be able to walk at this point....

19-Jan-18
Griz34, autocorrect got me xop is a tree stand. Ha ha EXO 3500 is the pack I had.

GF no gut 5"10" 190 thanks to hunting. I used to be fat but got to where I was having a hard time climbing a tree to hang a stand. Dropped the weight 6 years ago and train year round.

19-Jan-18
I also have FAS... (Flat A$$$ Syndrome) I have the Horn Hunter Full Curl Combo pack system and it works really good for me. it is VERY adjustable.

19-Jan-18
I am between normal back and flat back and not much butt lol. I used Kifaru for a while but the large thick lumbar pad just never fit me right and always made the waist belt and lumbar area uncomfortable even with light loads. I switched to SeekOutside pack frame and have not had a problem since.

19-Jan-18
The wife does something called "booty bar" at the gym cause her butt tends to be a bit on the flat side. Seems to be helping her out in that regard based on observations made during last nights bedtime activities. I'm sure you could find a workout video on youtube. May help you out as well.

19-Jan-18
Scrappy, there's a facebook page, Kifaru insiders, which is monitored by Aron Snyder and Frank Peralta. They'll answer your questions about setting up a pack for your body type. The newer frames are wonderfully comfortable when dialed in.

19-Jan-18
Thanks for the info guys. About building a butt uh that ain't happening. Ive never had one.

19-Jan-18
This title is definitely not how I like my women! But personally, I suffer from the same problem. Get a Kifaru with either the flat or aluminum stays, or a stone glacier, and be done with it. I have both, and like both for different reasons, but with a real heavy load, those are the only two packs that have ever worked for me.

19-Jan-18
You guys are lucky.I can't even carry a pack now after rods and brackets from back surgery.years ago an Alice pack was tolerable.but that was moons ago.

• Sitka Gear