Contributors to this thread:
Sling Shot 19-Jan-18
Trial153 19-Jan-18
Whip 19-Jan-18
Mule Power 19-Jan-18
nvgoat 19-Jan-18
Sling Shot 19-Jan-18
19-Jan-18
I will be 69 years old this coming season and I am sitting on 6 points for Wyoming. I am thinking about putting in for unit 40 as it seems I may have a chance at drawing that unit. My question is unit 40 worth burning my points on, or should I hold out for another unit in the Big Horn mountains? Thanks for your help.

19-Jan-18
You should draw 40 in the regular draw with 6 points, however with the price changes I think this year might see some anomalies. If your looking the big horn unit I think unit 40 in the regular draw is as good as any of the bighorn units. Good luck .

19-Jan-18
It's been a long time since I was researching the Bighorn units, but I seem to recall being told by a biologist that unit 40 had a high percentage of lower elevations and that the elk tended to stay up higher until snow pushed them lower. I could be completely wrong on this though or even thinking of a different unit, but suggest at least asking the questions of people that might know.

19-Jan-18
True except for the ones that call private land home.

19-Jan-18
Will be very surprised if 6 points will draw 40 this year. Last year regular draw was the anomaly.

19-Jan-18
Thanks guys, it is a tough decision. If I put in for 40 I would have some company. He won't spring for a guided hunt so I would go it alone. Still have to draw a tag because I won't go general no matter what state unless of course it's private land with some decent bulls.

• Sitka Gear