Contributors to this thread:
Panther Bone 22-Mar-18
yooper89 22-Mar-18
Bake 22-Mar-18
DE Bow Hunter 22-Mar-18
Panther Bone 22-Mar-18
arky 22-Mar-18
22-Mar-18
Bought the Suunto Traverse Alpha off Camofire today. Anybody use one of these? I wonder if it could totally replace my GPS.

22-Mar-18
Wish I had the funds right now. I've been looking at Suunto for a long time.

22-Mar-18
Ditto Yooper. If it could replace GPS, I'd be even more on board. I just use GPS for way points, essentially. To find places I've already been. If it could do that, I'd be on board completely!

22-Mar-18
I had a Suunto watch several years ago. Wasn't this exact model, but it had the compass, barometer and altimeter. Loved it. Wore it everyday. One day the battery died. Took it to get replaced and 6 months later died again. Put another battery in it, 2 weeks later died again. Called them and they said there was nothing they could do for me the watch was only two years old. A friend of mine said he had the exact same thing happen. Switched to the G-shock rangeman. Best of luck with yours.

22-Mar-18
It does register points of interest and will navigate you back to them. It will track and do breadcrumb trails. It'll take downloads from Google Maps for coordinates. It just doesn't have the topo capability, I don't believe, that a GPS would show on screen.

22-Mar-18
I ordered one off of Camofire and just received it! My first watch with all this technology lol! I will let you know how I like it after I have more time with it.

• Sitka Gear