22-Mar-18

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
The 2018 Nevada Hunting regulations- pictured above

Couldn't have said it better myself!

22-Mar-18
Love this.

22-Mar-18
Now I'm not to wild about their system........

that gives me a 1.6% chance of drawing the elk tag I would like.....and thats with 17 points!

[for those playing at home....thats 18 years of trying and over $2000 in licenses purchased.......thats a lot of effort to be relegated a 1% chance, eh?....]

22-Mar-18
You didn’t know that going in on year one ?

Numerous states have sucked me in and latter changed the deal so it’s not the same picture anymore. At least archery apps are not competing with crossbow apps in Nevada anyways.

22-Mar-18
"A crossbow is not a bow".....not much gray area around that state's interpretation, is there?

22-Mar-18
Beendare 1.6%? Now I am depressed, I have 16 points. :(

22-Mar-18
Beendare....with 290 chances in the elk raffle, your odds are still that bad?? Holy Cow !!

Joe

22-Mar-18
There are units in NV that are full of good bulls that have far better odds. And what other state can we put in as a NR that gives NR's over 30 DBHS tags? IMO, NV is very generous to NRs and their point system is one of the best. It's not cheap though, for the odds. That $200/yr is an easy choice for me.

22-Mar-18
Ya but a compound is lol

22-Mar-18
Yeah, sure, I have better odds in lesser units.....sheeesh.

The crummy thing about this Nev system is that I had much better odds 10 years ago!

>>>---------------> At least they got the crossbow thing right.....heck many states give their blessings to crossbows.....what is it Arizona.....that is pondering air rifles with an arrow?

22-Mar-18
I agree Ike, I love Nevada. I think it does a great job at management, quality, etc. But like Beendare, It's still been painful to realize you put in year after year without the golden ticket. I have drawn 4 tags in NV (no elk) over the last 16 or so years. Probably could have drawn more, but sometimes I buy a point for deer. Turned my antelope tag in this year cause I didn't think I could do it justice with my strip tag taking precedence.

22-Mar-18
Beendare, I know it's sorta ridiculous to say there's better odds in lesser units, but there are tons of huge bulls coming out of units other than the top 2. Look at the harvest reports. Call the COs for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and so on "top units" in NV. Units with amazing quality have far better odds, the kind of units that would be a top tier unit in many other states. They may not be the best unit in NV, but they're better then all but a couple units have to offer in many states. I'd take a mid-tier elk tag in NV over a mid-tier elk tag in AZ any day of the week - there is no comparison.

23-Mar-18
There you go, perfect!

23-Mar-18
"A crossbow is not a bow"................until some crossgun manufacturer stuffs enuf coin in a legislator's pocket, and he/she declares it one.

23-Mar-18
Zim1 nailed it, all these crossguns and airguns are being shoved down out throats by the manufacturers.

23-Mar-18
I think the manufacturers sell it as 'Getting more hunters into the sport' ....well if so i think thats a crock. So these folks wouldn't participate with a rifle...or a bow....it takes a silly contraption to kick them in the butt- ridiculous. Its an industry money maker at the expense of bowhunters.

23-Mar-18
Perfect.

• Sitka Gear