Ron Niziolek 03-Apr-18
Nick Muche 03-Apr-18
ELKMAN 04-Apr-18
ELKMAN 13-Apr-18
Franzen 13-Apr-18
Shadow Buck 13-Apr-18
23-Mar-18

ELKMAN's Link
Sounds like there's a chance? But WOW that Non-Res. fee is burner...

23-Mar-18
That is a steal if you don’t have to use an outfitter. Cheap Alaska hunts are twice that and some 4x

23-Mar-18
Pretty cool! I hope the L48 guys have an option to hunt Grizzlies without a guide, there are few things as exciting as hunting these bears with a bow in hand.

23-Mar-18
I'm in if this happens

23-Mar-18
Go Wyoming!

23-Mar-18
Nothing in the proposed rule suggests anything about a guide requirement (outside of Wilderness).

23-Mar-18
Can I use an airbow and an e-bike ? Might need a quick getaway ! :-)

23-Mar-18
LOL drycreek! Ask about using a mechanical BH and you'll need to enter the witness protection program. :)

23-Mar-18
BTM, I was thinking about using a Rage, but I guess that's out now. I'm too old to relocate !

23-Mar-18
no thanks

24-Mar-18
Yeah that price is WAAAAY to high considering you can't even hunt the public land 80% of the Grizz live on...

24-Mar-18
That price isn't too high for the simple fact that there will be FAR more applications than tags.

25-Mar-18
Elkman- That's the cheapest grizzly hunt you will ever see. Not saying it will be an easy hunt or anything but thats a bargain. Theres plenty of them on public land too. I think its a good way to do it, they will have a little more control over the hunt and people that commit to it will be seriously in since the cost of the tag is so high. This way a bunch of dumbass's don't ruin it for the future. If this goes well, it's more likely MT and ID will be able to follow suit. It's still too rich for my blood but in comparison to other grizzly opportunities, this is the cheapest I know of...and these are legit bears!

25-Mar-18
Should be done on a quota system just like wolves and mountain lions

25-Mar-18
So, if you have, or are willing to spend $6K on a grizzly hunt, that qualifies you as not a dumb ass?

25-Mar-18
I was lucky enough to move to BC and hunt with 3 grizzly tags in my pocket in the past 6 years. I consider that to be a true honor and experience in itself.

The first season I held a grizzly tag I hunted northern (and remote) BC and shot a nice 7' boar. I enjoyed a caribou hunt in the fall where one of my buddies took a nice 6.5' boar and last season I snow-shoed and hiked into some amazing avalanche slides during the spring melt and passed up a nice younger boar on the last day of my hunt.

Sadly with BC making its changes, it could be my last grizz hunting experience. Watching that boar sink into the timber in a big slide of alders is an image I'll keep for a long time, with the hopes that one day I can chase them again. I don't know much about the numbers or access for Wyoming hunts, but considering the cost to hunt them elsewhere, I'd imagine this will be an extremely popular application and an awesome experience for many that have never had that chance.

25-Mar-18
I expect even at 6k some antis may try to buy the tags

25-Mar-18
If they did it on quota, people would F it up. That's the nature of the beast. Once the antis get their hands on a couple of bad looking stories, the end would be here before it even began.

Um, theres plenty of Dumbasses with $6k to drop, but there will be way less of them willing to spend that kind of coin and not take it seriously. If its a $50 tag on a quota, every tom dick and harry will be out there tryna kill a baar. Which would be fine with me, but I don't think it would hold up well in the long term. Again, just my opinion. We will have to see how this all shakes out.

26-Mar-18
Grizzlies are an awesome bowhunt. Stalking in really close certainly gets the adrenaline going! That said, you get to spend a lot of time glassing...often days on end where the bears are invisible. Grizzly country is typically very pretty in the spring (fall too). Slides are greening up, avalanches rip as the snow is melting, wild flowers are out down low, the streams are roaring with melt-water. Sure hope we get grizzly hunting back in BC!

03-Apr-18
Problem is that when you do it on a draw system, there will inevitably be jack bags that draw the tag and hunt one weekend. So you won't achieve the desired result.

03-Apr-18
SBH: What do you think it will be for the residents? It ain't gonna be 6 grand!

03-Apr-18
Says $600 for residents.

No mention of archery....... I'm gonna bet this is no bows allowed, going to be rifle only. If I recall they do some bison hunts similarly, rifle only? They might even require an LEO or a State "guide" to go along with you.....

03-Apr-18
Ill jump through whatever hoops I have to if it means I get a Griz tag

03-Apr-18
Archery will be allowed according to the G&F director.

03-Apr-18
Casey, that happens with nearly every single draw we have NA wide...

04-Apr-18
Yeah

13-Apr-18

ELKMAN's Link

13-Apr-18
Pretty good article and summary of the (hopefully) proposed hunt. The 2 hunter limit is dumb though. You are issued a grizz tag, then come to find out you may not get to hunt? Refund? Anybody have a reasonable average timeframe for when the bears head in for winter? I've got no issue with the currently proposed tag price, but would if they jacked it up in the near term.

13-Apr-18
I'm in, it is still a cheap Grizzly hunt at 6k. If they charge that much for a tag maybe the odds won't be terrible? hahaha never mind.

• Sitka Gear