x-man 28-Mar-18
LesWelch 28-Mar-18
The Famous Grouse 28-Mar-18
x-man 29-Mar-18
x-man 29-Mar-18
Russ Koon 03-Apr-18
x-man 03-Apr-18
26-Mar-18
Time for a new rest, want to go with a genuine Whisker Biscuit.

Arrows are Beeman ICS Hunter Classic 400. The sizes seem very close together, so which size do I need?

Also, is the WB designed to "grip" the arrow shaft all the way around, or should the arrow sit in the rest with a little "daylight" showing around it, except where it's resting?

Many thanks. Grouse

27-Mar-18
I shoot Victory arrows, odd vane up out of my medium biscuit. Foolproof.

27-Mar-18
I use Epic's, I.D. .223, I use small.

27-Mar-18
Slight gap. Cock vane up. No vanes going through black bristles. All on the WB website. I will always have at least one bow with a WB.

28-Mar-18
Please follow the advise from JTV and Buck Watcher.

28-Mar-18
Doesn't matter if you are shooting vanes or feathers. There should never be a fletching that goes through the black bristles, or through the drop-in opening. As per the manufactures instructions.

28-Mar-18
I thought this thread was about something different.........so many comments.

28-Mar-18
Thanks, guys. Ordered up the Medium. Always shoot odd vane up. Appreciate the help.

Grouse

29-Mar-18
The black bristles are stiffer to support the down-pressure of the arrow upon release. The brown bristles are softer and offer less drag and resistance for the fletching to pass through.

We want all three fletching to contact the brown bristles so the resistance is equal all the way around the arrow shaft. This is also why we don't want a fletch to go through the drop-in opening. As long as all three fletching go through the brown bristles, there will be even drag.

If the biscuit is all black, then it won't matter how the fletching is oriented.

Can't say you didn't learn something today. ;)

29-Mar-18

x-man's Link
Read in the "other questions" section here.

03-Apr-18
Hmmm.....if you say so.....but in this case, I believe EF is correct. There is a color difference, and perhaps a difference in stiffness as well, but in practical terms, as our favorite ex-candidate was so often quoted "what difference does it make?".

I've shot the WB's for many years, both with fingers and release, and both with cock feather up and out, and can detect zero difference in group size or location, at least out to 40 yards, which is my favorite practice range. I understand the advantages of following the manufacturer's recommendations generally, but I also tend to question any recommendations to verify that there is some actual reason to follow them, and in this instance, I can find none whatsoever.

Or, in EF's words baloney! YRMV 8^)

03-Apr-18

• Sitka Gear