Yea. That’s big cut. Puts them down quick

03-Apr-18
I agree. Best turkey head I have found . 2 3/4 cut

03-Apr-18

HEAD DOCTOR's embedded Photo
ARIZONA GOULDS...2016.
HEAD DOCTOR's embedded Photo
ARIZONA GOULDS...2016.
Mr. Larry Buhlke harvested this Gould's Turkey in southeast Arizona. One tag out of I believe 5. Lucky, Lucky

03-Apr-18
I Got to get close enough to shoot before I can see if they work!

03-Apr-18
Hi Steve, So if we want to order some we have to call in or am I missing an online order page on the website? Nevermind, found it :-)

Hope your well....Kip

03-Apr-18
I've got a set of the Blue ones I plan on using this year on Toms.

04-Apr-18
Back in the day on a guided hunt I shot a tom with a 2 3/4" 125 gr. and the bird simply flipped up in the air, landed on its back, and never moved. The guide said he had never even seen shotgun-killed bird die so quickly. Those heads are magic on turkeys.

If memory serves, the only season I killed all 3 spring toms allowable here in CA, the combined recovery distance was 13 yards (some gravity assisted). Pretty amazing.

04-Apr-18
Are you guys shooting them in the head/neck with these?

04-Apr-18
Some good shot placement going in there somewhere also Matt but good to know those big heads will penetrate.Honestly that was my only concern as Turks can be deceptively “pillowesque “

04-Apr-18
Best broadhead for turkey ever made!

04-Apr-18
I thought marden vortex went out of business?

04-Apr-18
No I aim for the vitals.

04-Apr-18
With Vortex heads aim for the Vitals. Vortex went out of business a few years back, but with that said we are back.

04-Apr-18
Good to know! How are you affiliated?

04-Apr-18
I respectfully disagree that it's the best,,, (hey I'm allowed to have my own opinion) :) But I do agree that it's a very good turkey head and that many of turkey don't like it. That head is very strong and will shoot spot on. I don't seem to have an interest in a head that's designed for the head shot. Most of my turkey have been killed with expandable's over fixed. There's just something for me about shooting a turkey in the body.

So Vortex is now back in business, if so I'll have to look them up. They did make some very good heads.

04-Apr-18
Teeton- they are not for head shots. They are for body shots. The large cut diameter comes into play if your shot placement is a touch off you can still get vitals.

04-Apr-18
Ermine, my post may of been confusing when I brought up the part about the head shot heads. I knew they are for body shots.. I meant that I just like heads like the vortex for body shots and not the big open ones for head shots.. Ed

04-Apr-18

7 Points's embedded Photo
7 Points's embedded Photo
2017 Goulds...Thanks Steven!

04-Apr-18
OK- thanks guys. Figured you probably don't want to use an expandable when taking a head shot.

04-Apr-18
Oh gotcha! Yea I’m with you. I never have tried the open ones specially for head shots

04-Apr-18
Do they fly well? The rage extremes I've found don't fly the best.

04-Apr-18
Sivart

you will notice when in flight very little blade surface is exposed. This is why they fly extremely well even out of x bows shooting 400 feet per second

• Sitka Gear