Michael 16-Apr-18
stick n string 17-Apr-18
07-Apr-18

@clintpit's embedded Photo
Finished whitetail slam but now going after the super 10
@clintpit's embedded Photo
Finished whitetail slam but now going after the super 10

@clintpit's Link
I'm booked for Sept 7th-12th for a DIY Colorado archery Elk hunt in unit 80/81. Staying with www.highplainsdriftinn.com with RV Robertson & Crew. Text me or call at 904-806-7005

07-Apr-18
Gnarly dude.

07-Apr-18
Looks like a pretty good deal for $1300, but only five hunting days is a real squeeze for an inexperienced hunter to kill a bull with a bow DIY in an unfamiliar place, even with old "RV" pointing you up the mountain.

Good luck, keep your expectations realistic and have a fun hunt!

07-Apr-18
WV you made me smile :-)

07-Apr-18
Lol WV

07-Apr-18
Good luck. Did Jason Aldean or Luke Bryan do your facepaint?

08-Apr-18
What’s the “whitetail slam”?

08-Apr-18
I think you have to give the extra $200 for RV to point you up the mountain... I know for the money you can buy a pretty good camping setup and be closer to the elk.

08-Apr-18
I think a more appropriate question would be if the detour for the Poison concert is on the way to or, after the hunt. Rock on fellas.

08-Apr-18
I'm sorry OP, that last one was uncalled for. But, I crack me up.

08-Apr-18
WV, once back in the day my best friend and I left elk camp for an afternoon, drove down to Red Rocks to see the Kinks in their prime, got back to camp at 3 am, and I killed my first P&Y class muley the next day. So successful multitasking is possible. :-)

08-Apr-18
I can’t imagine why we’ll be defeated from The inside out. The arrogance and better than thou stinks on this thread. Talking to you West Virginia.

08-Apr-18
Good luck on your elk hunt clintpit!

FWIW that same hand gesture is displayed by a prominent Bowsiter in the sheep section of the BSC catalog however I seriously doubt disparaging comments would be forthcoming.

08-Apr-18
Clintpit- Best of luck to you on your hunt. Hope you are able excuse the high school comments, Bowsite really is a great place to meet some great people and learn about bowhunting. Post up a story on here after your done.

08-Apr-18
What does that hand signal actually mean?

08-Apr-18
It's called the "Shaka". Means different things but generally "good luck", "hey, what's happening", "cool, man". Nothing derogatory. I think it may be from Hawaii but not sure.

I'm only an internet lawyer, not an "Unspoken Communication" expert. I learned to interpret certain unspoken gestures from my first wife, a regularly-angry Italian chick from Jersey.

08-Apr-18
I think the hand gesture means “Come at me bro!”

08-Apr-18
Disparaging? Both site is a really cool place to hang out but you will learn a lot. But if you can't take at least a joke, you probably won't last long here. If that hand Jestor something he regularly uses in real life, I have no doubt that he'll be able to chuckle.

08-Apr-18
Lou I thought the “Shaka” was the same as two in the pink, one in the.... I don’t see how you get that with this finger configuration ? ;)

08-Apr-18
You fellas taking things so seriously need to relax. Talking to you DConcrete. And, everyone else offering apologies. I'm quite capable of apologizing for my own discrepancies when I commit them. This wasn't one of them.

I was joking. I assumed a fella that gets on the internet, talking about a whitetail slam, and gives the Shaka gesture he did, isn't going to take things too seriously. I spend a good part of my average day trying to make people happy. I enjoy doing so. That means laughing at things. Including anyone and, myself.

Boreal, no one is immune from some good ribbing. I don't care who they are and where they post.

SMH.

08-Apr-18
WV, I disagree since Clinkpit obviously is not a regular. A poor “ how do you do”

The Op obviously has much more thicker skin than most. If you don’t no what the Shaka bra and deer slam is then you are not nearly as worldly as you may think.

08-Apr-18
I don't think anyone was measuring their worldly amounts. Or, expressed a "poor" greeting. He didn't ask for either of those. He posted a thread I and others found funny. Because we were simply having fun just trying to have a laugh. Try it sometime. It's great. Even when it's on you.

Gentlemen, Life is short and, its only fun if you decide to have fun. God Bless men

08-Apr-18
Hang loose

08-Apr-18
I'm still not clear on the shaka thing. I have more questions.

Could the gesture mean he has two more arrows left in his quiver?

Or could it mean the buck was two inches short of "P&Y"?

Why is the tongue out? A tired deer?

08-Apr-18
Welcome Clint.

When we were in Hawaii everyone was using the same sign, Stick - n - string hit it. Most definitely "HANG LOOSE"

08-Apr-18
I guess I’m lost on the hand gestures. Too old I guess. Only one I know is intended to start a fight.

Congrats on your slam and welcome to the Bowsite.

08-Apr-18
Has everyone lost their sense of humor? Does everyone have to go searching for something to be offended by?

Hang loose y'all and best of luck on your hunt clintpit!

08-Apr-18
Hope it works out for the OP.

I seen that finger thingy going back to the 1970's surf culture in Daytona as hang loose. The other finger thingy version is rock on.

08-Apr-18
Need to be careful flashing symbols on here. Might start a gang war.

Trads vs The fight’n Rompolas, or some such!

08-Apr-18
Wikipedia: “Hang loose has been adopted by face painted bow hunt warriors to mean “rage in the cage.”

08-Apr-18
Hang loose was my thought from the start. The more i look at it, the more i think he just paused for a pic during his phone call.

08-Apr-18
Ironically - that hand symbol is also a backwards "Y" in American sign language... ( Why, why, why...?

09-Apr-18
Never been called that before scoot. First time for everything.

09-Apr-18
"Per usual WV is a classless dick."

I am on here quite a bit, read most everything... I must have missed something, but I can't remember a time that WV has been a classless dick.

09-Apr-18
I thought it was funny, guess I’m a classless dick as well.

WV usually doesn’t hold his opinions or humor to himself but I will say I rarely disagree with him.

09-Apr-18
Due tell scoot. I must have missed it as well.

09-Apr-18
I have to agree never seen It. Must have got someone’s panties in a wad. It is the off season for most. Hunt

09-Apr-18
^^^ This lol. As bowhunter's it's "our time of the month."

09-Apr-18
Thank you to @clintpit and WV for a good chuckle this morning.

Good luck on your hunt!

09-Apr-18
I would think a guy that makes his first post asking if a stranger wants to join him on a hunt, could handle some razzing.

09-Apr-18
Add me to the classless dick talley..... Apauls, that's funny and true. Some people apparently handle their "time of the month" differently. Scoot needs either a snickers or some midol......

09-Apr-18
LMBO! Thanks for the laughs guys........,....... I needed it on a Monday morning! ;-)

09-Apr-18
Apology accepted man. Now, let’s get back to having fun.

09-Apr-18
Kudos to you Scoot for eating a big slice of humble pie and STILL maintaining a sense of humor! ;-)

09-Apr-18
Ha ha, right on. Didn't see that coming from Scoot. Good on WV handling it with class as well.

09-Apr-18
Somebody fill me in on the whitetail slam. Never heard of it. I guess it could be Eastern, Columbia & Coues? There's also the Keys Whitetail but you can't lawfully hunt them, and the Alabama Whitetail, but they're not killable by mortal man.

09-Apr-18
Highplains looks like a reasonable way to familiarize with a new unit. Last year was our first hunt in 81. Beautiful country. It took us a couple days to get into elk though.

09-Apr-18
Never heard of it either sticksender, but was thinking it might be whitetail, mule deer, blacktail and Coues.

09-Apr-18
Never knew there was a whitetail slam.

There are 8 subgroups per the link attached.

As for the OP. Good luck on your hunt. If it’s your first elk hunt it will be life changing.

09-Apr-18

Michael's Link
Forgot link

09-Apr-18
So the snickers thing does work? Just kidding. Shoot man, it's a little less funny when somebody's not mad at somebody else… LOL. And also now I'm really really really really really really dying To know who the true classless dick is…

09-Apr-18
I think the TRUE classless dick would be Bruce Jenner. Or maybe just dickless. LOL

09-Apr-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo

09-Apr-18
Is anybody goin huntin with Clint? And where are you Clint? Drop a name and disappear, makin me wonder if u were lookin for a hunting partner in the first place.

09-Apr-18
I think Scoot and WV should go hunting with Clint.

09-Apr-18
Man Jethro, i wanna take that and run with it. Everybody pitch in and do a hypothetical hunt recap. But I feel a little bad for scoot now and have too much of a heart to indulge…

09-Apr-18
Maybe Clint got a "flirt" from one of the other bowhunting dating sites?

Clint, if you're still with us, you may want to update and soften your dating profile photo and provide some more personal details. Perhaps describe your hunting style, expectations for the hunt and your partner, substance use preferences, STD status?

09-Apr-18
Thanks you guys I needed a laugh on this Monday!! Priceless material here!!

09-Apr-18
Jaq, do you mean STD or are you asking What his preference on SDT?

Ohio, that's very insensitive of you. Maybe Bruce prefers to be a TranMa

09-Apr-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Tranpa it is.

09-Apr-18
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

09-Apr-18
I expect Clint is headed for the tall and uncut. First post and all hell breaks loose......:-)

09-Apr-18

stick n string's embedded Photo
stick n string's embedded Photo

10-Apr-18
OMG!!! I didn’t think this thread could get any better yesterday................then I opened it today! : )

10-Apr-18
April absurdity is the new March madness.

10-Apr-18
Spring fever is rampant!!! Funny how after reading so many posts over the years you get a sense for people's demeanor. Fun place bowsite is...

10-Apr-18
320, we are probably a lot more similar than we sometimes think.....

10-Apr-18

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I didn't even know Owen Wilson hunted...

10-Apr-18
You sure that's not TBM just playing with you all?

10-Apr-18

Ned mobile 's embedded Photo
Ned mobile 's embedded Photo
What’s the big deal? I would live to go but have other plans. Have a great hunt!!

10-Apr-18
If anyone does not believe WV is a "classic dick", just mention you shoot a trad bow 3 under.

10-Apr-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
No takers?

C'mon...he's giving you "Blue Steel" !

10-Apr-18

stick n string's Link
Two dragons....

10-Apr-18
Ned, what gang are you in? The White Crips?

10-Apr-18
I think it’s the Cribs, Lou. Ned IS fond of corn!

11-Apr-18
I am part of the Cobs. Cribs and Cobs in our state. Cribs on the other side of the my section. My initiation has a story with it. LOL

11-Apr-18
In PA it's the HICKS! ;-)

11-Apr-18
I heard the cops were involved, Ned ;-)

11-Apr-18

elk yinzer's Link
Dudemanbro's whitetail SLAM is the real deal. Totally epic man.

11-Apr-18
LOL yeppers

11-Apr-18
This may become the longest "one-and-done" thread ever!

11-Apr-18
Shut the front door...

Lolololololol. Guarantee if his PM inbox wasnt full w takers before, it is now!!!!

11-Apr-18
This thread has went from being a dick to being dickless to be a tranpa to gangs of Iowa. Am I the only one dieing to know the next topic? Yes no maybe..

11-Apr-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
This one's for you Clint. You hang loose, I'll keep rocking on. :)

Whitetail slam? I haven't gotten there yet but I do have the Busch Light slam pretty well under control.

11-Apr-18
LOL! I normally don't like to hang loose. I prefer to stay "high and tight"! But then again I was a hurdler back in the day.................................so I didn't want to leave any low hangin' fruit on them things! ;-)

11-Apr-18
I wonder why Clint never came back?? Hmmm... weird!

From: Michael :This thread has went from being a dick to being dickless to be a tranpa to gangs of Iowa. Am I the only one dieing to know the next topic? Yes no maybe..”

I’d say a smooth transfer to yoga pants would be a great topic for this time of year!! Who’s in?

11-Apr-18
I'm cool with that lungshot as long as there's not a picture of RutNut wearing them to help stay high and tight

11-Apr-18
Yoga pants but no muffin tops.

11-Apr-18
Lung$hot, as I was reading your post while sitting in a parking lot, the most epic, awesome, unbelievable pair of yoga pants ever recorded walked by me at point-blank range.

I forgot what this thread was about?

11-Apr-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Compliments of “the Chive”

12-Apr-18
Jaquomo,

If you were reading bowsite sitting in a parking lot that device had to have a camera on it. No pictures? Or it didn't happen?

12-Apr-18
Quinn, I may or may not be borderline sleazy, but I'm not that "skeezy". But for a moment the thought crossed my mind..... Now it's burned into my retinas like staring at the eclipse without the glasses.

12-Apr-18
LOL

12-Apr-18
LMBO Stick!!!!!!!!!! I don't think anybody wants to see that.............................. ;-)

12-Apr-18
Michael did good...

12-Apr-18
Timing is everything. This thread in the fall would have had 3 posts and dropped off page 1 without a care in the world. Catch a pile of rabid bowhunters at a time when there's nothing to hunt and we're like a bloodhound/meth head cross sniffing and running around in circles looking for the next big hit. Solid entertainment.

12-Apr-18
Lou, ya gotta love those perfect timing Coincidences in life! Ha.

Yeah Michael... ya done good!

12-Apr-18

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo

12-Apr-18
What a beaut, U think that fence is treated wood?

12-Apr-18
What fence stick?

12-Apr-18
:^)

13-Apr-18
Yeah, what fence? You must be seeing things stick! ;-)

13-Apr-18
There was a fence. But it seems to have disappeared.

13-Apr-18

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Who cares about a fence? I'm trying to decide if this is an e-bike or not....if it is, she better not even think about hunting with it!!!

13-Apr-18
Now we know why Jaq got that e-bike! He's just using it to stalk up on the 2-legged bike riding deer around Ft Collins for the view from behind :-D

13-Apr-18
DANG..................................................... : )

13-Apr-18
...what bike??????????????

13-Apr-18
Easy fellas....that very well could be one of those tranpas on that bike...just sayin'...

13-Apr-18
Dang Josh...........................................talk about a "buzz KILL"!!!!!!!!!!!!! : (

13-Apr-18
Where's the guy from NY to claim they are all 2's or 3's?

13-Apr-18
Not an ebike. The crossbow guy from NY, he's been booted and hanging with TBM?

13-Apr-18
Not an ebike. The crossbow guy from NY, he's been booted and hanging with TBM?

13-Apr-18
You wanna know what my wife's first question is gonna be when i get home?

"Why did u text me and ask me to put yoga pants on for tonight?"........

13-Apr-18
LMBO!!!! : )

I never understood why yoga was so popular..................now I’m beginning to see why! ;-)

14-Apr-18
Ha, now that I'm retired, I'll have to check on going to the yoga classes 2 days a week at the fitness center.

14-Apr-18
Inshart, wear a black Speedo and you'll be welcomed with open arms...

14-Apr-18
Pretty sure Lou moonlights as a yoga instructor... for health reasons of course.

14-Apr-18

BOWNBIRDHNTR's embedded Photo
BOWNBIRDHNTR's embedded Photo
My wife's gym name on the workout monitor is KRZYPNTS. I'm always happy when she wears her workout pants....and yes, I outkicked my coverage.

14-Apr-18
Lou, me in a speedo - OMG now that is a scary pic!

14-Apr-18
heheheheh...... scoot said "panties".......

"whitetail slam"..... I'd guess that would have to include the Alabama deer sub-species and the famous scoring handicap formula.....

WRT shaka.... that was the classic one handed upright backhand shaka. The really cool use a vertical backhand shaka sliding to a downward backhand shaka, shaka wriggle at the end is optional. The upright front shaka is rarely used except for haole tourists..... and a few hawaiian nerds..... I have seen pros use the behind the back shaka, but one should practice that in the mirror for some time before using it in public.....

More shakas......

14-Apr-18
The best part of this thread is the OP never responded. He probably thinks he dodged a bullet trying to hookup with someone from BS!

15-Apr-18
Im lost what was the topic

15-Apr-18
Lol TD

16-Apr-18
PA's girl on the " e bike or not" , trampa or not ...I'm weak ! Wow this thread sure did morph!!

16-Apr-18
Scoot, nobody remembers your part in it. It was fun until you admitted fault and apologized, then that portion became boring because we couldnt make fun of it anymore;^). As for responsibility, certainly cant say the thread went where it went because of you, but you cant say it didnt..... lol

16-Apr-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
The highs and lows of yoga pants.

16-Apr-18
^^Hahahaha!!!

16-Apr-18
Hahaha. That's hilarious

16-Apr-18
How does this not get banned but the “strange question” threads gets choppped twice?

16-Apr-18
We r havin a good time here. WhAtchu tryna do here RIT....

Scoot, tell him what he's bein right now....;^)

16-Apr-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Rompola, Rompola, Rompola oh look yoga pants.

17-Apr-18
Lolololol. Thats it

• Sitka Gear