Kurt 10-Apr-18
8point 10-Apr-18
APauls 10-Apr-18
Destroyer350 10-Apr-18
BOWNUT 10-Apr-18
Destroyer350 10-Apr-18
Franklin 11-Apr-18
09-Apr-18
Just looked at my filter for the 1st time this year and the hoses look black - maybe mold? Does anyone know where I can pick up some replacement hoses for my Katadyn Hiker Pro? I'm packing in for turkey Friday so I need to find some ASAP!

09-Apr-18
Most hardware stores carry various sizes of clear tubing....as long as the seal tightly they should work.

09-Apr-18
Seems like bass pro had some last weekend when I was there.

10-Apr-18
If the hose was still connected to the filter it's probably full of mold as well. Yuck, might want to give that a good going over.

10-Apr-18
The hose is not your normal hardware store variety, its more of a silicone base so its more flexible. It sounds like the hoses were not dried properly before being stored. Like others have suggested, open up the filter and examine the filter element. If there's black on it, I suggest chucking it out and getting a new one!

Always thoroughly disassemble the filter unit, wash it and the hoses, rinse well and leave open to dry and hang the hoses to dry them out before storage. I have used the same filter unit for ~20 years (with new filter elements every few years) without any issue.

10-Apr-18
Thanks for the recommendations. I did get a replacement filter just in case. Now I just need the hoses.

10-Apr-18
Yuk! Not sure about the hoses on any of the camel baks or such either. I prefer not to use them.

10-Apr-18
Reach out to Katadyn , I bought replacement parts from them

10-Apr-18
...reminds me I should check mine.

10-Apr-18
I believe they're on the website. Just not excited about paying $8 shipping for a $10 product. Oh well.

10-Apr-18
REI

10-Apr-18
Thanks bownut. I went to REI, Home Depot, Lowes and a homebrew store. I just ordered a new hose system from the Katadyn website. That shipping cost is ridiculous. Maybe I'm getting too used to buying things from Amazon lol

11-Apr-18
The hoses on a filter or Camel back should be disconnected.... cleaned with baking soda and dried completely before storing. I send a string down mine and tie on a patch and pull through the hose like a gun barrel.

• Sitka Gear