Contributors to this thread:
bigcountry 16-May-18
Michael Schwister 17-May-18
bfisherman11 18-May-18
bigcountry 21-May-18
SJJ 15-Jun-18
lewis 15-Jun-18
16-May-18
HI everyone. New to food plot construction. My crops are just popping out of the ground here in MA and my question is, What type of weed/grass control can I use on the plot now that it starting to come up without harming crop? I have Corn, Chufa, Purple Top turnips and a Clover/Alpha alpha mix. I appreciate all your input folks....

17-May-18
If you have seperate plots of each you have options to meet the requirements for each situation. Broadleaf weeds in corn? 2-4D Flexor is an option. Grass weeds in legumes? Cleth (arrow)broad leaf weeds in clover? 2,4-DB (Butrac). If everything is mixed your only options were pre-emerge herbicides, so walk around with a hoe like my grandfather did

18-May-18
In my Chicory clover plots my best method of weed control is to mow. I have tried weed killer but mowing about 3-4 times a season is best.

Bill

21-May-18
You guys are great....Fantastic info for this rookie planter of the crops....lol..

15-Jun-18
For general control during spring/summer prior to Brassicas...Round up? Also, are there opinions on the better (non-battery) back pack sprayer?

15-Jun-18
Pa t you can use poast or clethodim and butrac in your chufa j. Thanks don’t use basagram I’ve been doing it for years not trying to hijack the thread Lewis

• Sitka Gear