INbowdude 14-Apr-19
INbowdude 14-Apr-19
INbowdude 14-Apr-19
INbowdude 14-Apr-19
INbowdude 14-Apr-19
INbowdude 14-Apr-19
28-Mar-19
3:22 PM LIVE from Ok*
It’s Porkapalooza time at Shiloh ranch! Bowsiters Yode and Hunt4life along with 6 other bow hunters. Windy, dry and warm with some rain coming in tomorrow. Family Man just left and we hope his good luck rubs off on us.

Jeff goes to 1. 1A is open. Yode goes to 2. Jason is at 3. Kyle trecks back to 4. I am hunting 5. Hunt4life is headed to 5A. Ryan and David are hunting 6. Bob goes to7 and Ryan heads over to Rattlesnake Ridge. The stage is set let’s hope the hogs cooperate!

28-Mar-19
Up in the stand. Feeder goes off in an hour. Sitting about 50 yards off the feeder to try to catch them hanging up. 2 nice trails paralleling the creek. Hope this tactic works.

28-Mar-19
I can see my paperwork will suffer today and tomorrow going back and refreshing bowsite every little while. I predict that INbowdude will again be a weak man and shoot the 1st decent hog that goes broadside.

28-Mar-19
Redbud and dogwood blooming down here. Dang this wind needs to die down a bit. Heck we are not in Kansas!

28-Mar-19

boothill's embedded Photo
Yep a little breezy in SW Kansas today for sure.
boothill's embedded Photo
Yep a little breezy in SW Kansas today for sure.

28-Mar-19
Kyle and Austin have spotted a bunch walking in to 4 and Rattlesnake Ridge.

28-Mar-19
First critter spotted: big fox squirrel. Trophy size. Wake up piggies!

28-Mar-19
By decent hog, Boothill means big enough to give Inbowdude a broadside.

28-Mar-19
lol

28-Mar-19
Nothing here at 5. Not even a squeal or grunt. Windy and overcast. Where are those pigs?

28-Mar-19
Would the person or persons who stole all the pigs from Shiloh, kindly return them. Thanks

28-Mar-19
No pigs at 6. Hopefully the sun setting will get them pigs up and moving.

28-Mar-19
Finally, pigs. 3 in the creek.

28-Mar-19
Dang, 3 brown pigs swung by but never gave me a shot. Biggest of the 3 was tempting but a bit small. Still I had the bow in hand.

28-Mar-19
Little buggers came back. Glad they didn’t stay long enough to dump the string.

28-Mar-19
Had 6 or 7 swing by for 10-15 seconds. They are not like the feeders.

28-Mar-19
Has anyone tried cattle cubes in place of corn?

28-Mar-19
Good luck Mike!!! Go get em'!

28-Mar-19
Well this was a first. Nobody killed on the first night. Windy conditions didn’t help.

28-Mar-19
You know why it so windy in Oklahoma?

Because Texass sucks and Kansas blows.

28-Mar-19
Damn, John! Lol!

29-Mar-19
First morning hunt. Tried to strategize last night. Everybody headed back to their stands from last night. I took the 1A spot since it was open. Hopefully the pigs show up. Fingers crossed K114 gets bloody today.

29-Mar-19
Coyotes are howling this morning.

29-Mar-19
How much rain y'all get?

29-Mar-19
Yotes were hammering hard this morning!!! I successfully got dad into the stand at 6 and found poison ivy stand surprising easy considering there is no markers and I have never hunted it.

29-Mar-19
First turkey gobble of the morning. Wake up those hogs!

29-Mar-19
1st deer in just before 7 am.

29-Mar-19
Really didn’t get a rain to speak of

29-Mar-19
Deer starting to filter in. Two young ones up on their hind legs kicking at each other with their front hooves. No pigs...yet.

29-Mar-19
Mike, check your PMs.....

29-Mar-19
Got it BK. Thanks

Feeder just went off, let’s see who’s hungry.

29-Mar-19
It exciting just to read this post. Good luck this morning.

29-Mar-19
This is great keep it coming

29-Mar-19
Sitting in the office refreshing bowsite and waiting on the text to come in saying I'm a weak man is terrible. Come on boys someone drop the string already.

29-Mar-19
Living vicariously

29-Mar-19
Tough hunting this morning. Only 1 guy got a shot and they are still looking for it. Very few hogs spotted while on stand but mornings are usually slow anyway. Pitch-in lunch today along with shirts and stuff. Rain late tonight might get the hogs up and moving.

29-Mar-19
Shot you a PM Mike, stay after them!!!

29-Mar-19
mike, the PM function is not working for me. Text me if you like.

29-Mar-19
Are you guys hunting in CT or what ?? Let’s go get one down.

29-Mar-19
I was at Shiloh Ranch a week ago. The ground was wet, and so, the grubs were out. Pigs were eating grubs, and keeping college student hours, not coming in to the feeders. Of the seven pigs we took home, only one was shot at a feeder. It's hard hunting.

29-Mar-19
Could it be the cursed knife??

29-Mar-19
Need to go spot and stalk, now. I'll come down and grab that knife and bloody it this weekend if needed. :)

29-Mar-19
I had the same experience there first weekend in March, still got it done just not as consistent at feeders as when we are there in January!!

29-Mar-19
K114 won’t let you down.....patience young grasshoppers!

29-Mar-19
Crunch time, Mike. Time to whack a tasty one......it's 47 minutes after the feeder went off.

29-Mar-19
Crickets...? What's happening down there? Hope everyone is too busy dragging out hogs.

29-Mar-19
Hit an area with no service. Hunt4life scores and Jeff did as well. More tonight.

29-Mar-19
See, No curse, no problems! K114 gets bloody tonight!! Way to do it guys!! Bloody that thing up!

29-Mar-19
Good job!!

29-Mar-19
Hubt4life gets the honor of getting pig blood on K114. I hope to do the same tomorrow.

30-Mar-19
Big weather change overnight. Rain and north wind blowing. The question is will this get the hogs up and moving g this morning or will they sleep in? Feeders are not productive so we are taking the fight to them. Service is dead in some of the low spots so i’ll have to wait until lunch to update.

30-Mar-19
This type of weather (cooler) gets them on their feet during daylight. They are WAY more likely to be roaming around rooting the earth in search of desired food. These 50 degree highs are much more beneficial to a hunter than a 70+ degree day, when they would be looking for shade and a place to sleep. I'd be going spot and stalk the rest of my trip, if that's allowed down there. Good luck today!

30-Mar-19
there will be a wet hog hanging picture before long.

30-Mar-19
Keep after 'em Mike! Les texted us that three more were hit this morning so hopefully you'll get some more pork pics on the meat pole. March is an especially challenging month to hunt hogs here, but with the late spring weather finally bringing green vegetation and grubs to the surface where hogs can feast on them...you've got the perfect storm. Now if this severe weather threat will just pass in through, we won't be dealing with another kind of storm! Keep after them, and we look forward to seeing some pics! Cheryl n Matt

30-Mar-19
Make that fou shot his morning...

30-Mar-19
Four not fou....ugh.

30-Mar-19
What a morning! Lots of stalks on my part but no shots for me. But that didn’t stop 4 hogs hitting the ground. Ryan shot a 190 plus a second hog. Kyle, and Bob killed as well.

30-Mar-19

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
More like it! You boys got spoiled hunted feeders!

30-Mar-19
What big teeth you have, nice hogs!!

30-Mar-19
Where is the Knife and the blood? come on now!!! :)

Great job guys, congratulations!!!

30-Mar-19
Great job.

30-Mar-19
Nice adjustment guys, not easy to do. Congrats.

30-Mar-19

Mike B from KS

30-Mar-19

Jeff from IN

30-Mar-19
Wet hogs hangin as predicted

31-Mar-19

Mike finally scored at 7!

31-Mar-19
Wow, what a night. After lunch I went out with Yode and a couple other guys. Dropped my cellphone out in the woods after stalking a couple of hogs. Luck and the grace of God helped me find it. 30 minutes later I have hogs to my left, front and right. Nobody is giving me a shot. I back up and see Yode. We make a plan. Both of us had pigs near but no shot. I drew back once but my muscles were pretty cold and let’s just say the drawback to anchor was ugly. No shot.

31-Mar-19
Last half hour of light I decided to sit the ground blind at stand 7 and get out of the wind. A group of 5 hogs decide to tease me and came in 80% of the way with 10 minutes of shooting light and then left. Last minute of shooting light and here comes a mob of hogs. First legit broadside and the weak man syndrome kicked in. Heard the hog crash and went right to it. Toughest hog hunting. Lots of wind, cold an uncooperative hogs. Still Porkapalooza 13 is in the books. I’ll add pics in a day or so. Thanks for following along.

31-Mar-19
A huge debt of gratitude and thanks to the Nappers and Shiloh Ranch Hunting Camp for hosting the Porkapalooza for the last 13 years. What an incredible journey this has been and Matt & Cheryl Napper are some of the greatest people you will ever meet. And I would be remiss if I didn’t add a ton of thanks to Les for all his hard work around camp, fetching and cleaning hogs and a host of other little chores. Thank you.

31-Mar-19
Excellent work!

31-Mar-19
Are you hunting with "The Yode", Ken Yoder?

31-Mar-19
It was great fun to be along on your hunt through these post. Congrats to all. Sounds like it was quite a hunt. Pictures show you have to stay at it to be successful. Thanks again.

31-Mar-19
Great job guys !

31-Mar-19
Congrats to the Pork 13 crew on their success. It did feel a bit strange not being there but following along on your posts. Hadn’t missed one since starting in at Pork 5. Did sound like conditions were tough but you persevered.

31-Mar-19
Congratulations to all the successful hunters! Glad K114 was able to get bloody again.

31-Mar-19
Congrats!

31-Mar-19
Congrats on a successful 13. You fellas shot some nice hogs, inspite of the rough weather conditions. Well done !!

31-Mar-19
Crunch time Mike! Great story. Congrats to all for making good on a tough hunt.

31-Mar-19
Thank you Mike! And we especially appreciate you acknowledging and thanking Les. He goes the extra mile and does a lot if work behind the scenes to make sure you all have a good hunt and a clean camp. We appreciate every one if you who tip him for his hard work. It means as much to us as it does to him!

31-Mar-19
Les deserves every accolade and tip he gets, and then some. One fine fellow.

31-Mar-19
Les deserves every accolade and tip he gets, and then some. One fine fellow. Worth saying twice.

01-Apr-19

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Porkapalooza group photo.
Porkapalooza group photo.
The traditional group photo with snouts!

02-Apr-19
Yep Lou, it was me. No hog in the freezer but saw more hogs than ever before - just not at a stand! There was one group running around that must have had 80-100 hogs in it! First saw them on a far ridge - 3-4 deep just running in a line that kept going and going. Thought I was watching some of the elk videos on facebook. While on the ground, I later had them head my way. First hog stopped at about 15 yards and TURNED HIS BUTT to me! You don't take a Texas heart shot on hogs in Oklahoma. Something spooked them before and they all streamed by. I could have put an arrow in the stream and hit something, but, of course, that was not something I would ever do. Still was an amazing experience to have so many hogs so close! I also put more miles on my feet on this one Porkapalooza than I have in the past 4 total. Thought I was roaming the Colorado Rockies!

02-Apr-19
Ken, glad to hear you're still among us! Sounds like you had a great hunt anyway - sometimes thats how it works out. Shoot me a PM with your contact info. I'd like to catch up.

06-Apr-19
Glad it all worked out! It sure is tough, but fun hunting! Hopefully everyone made it home safely!

06-Apr-19
Yes, very tough hunting but rewarding. Everybody made it home safe and sound. Now to make some Shiloh sausage.

06-Apr-19
Congrats and thanks for taking us along Mike! Clutch:)

06-Apr-19
Gotta love men in snouts.

14-Apr-19

Hunt4Life gets the honor of breaking in K114! Thanks Mike B.

14-Apr-19

For you Kelly! Last minute hog.

14-Apr-19

As I found the sow after the shot.

14-Apr-19

Not the best shot but the little bugger must have dropped and spun at the shot. Arrow went under the spine, and diagonal from left side (entrance) to mid center (exit).

14-Apr-19

Pork 13 shirt.

14-Apr-19

Hunt4life (Mike B) and INbowdude (Mike N) on the porch of the big cabin, ready to hit the woods to procure some pork.

14-Apr-19

The arrival!

14-Apr-19

K114 knife, the sheath, journal and killer pen. Rubbing up some good karma with a piggie.

14-Apr-19

The infamous Pork Plaque.

• Sitka Gear