BULELK1 11-Apr-24
SBH 11-Apr-24
sitO 11-Apr-24
greg simon 11-Apr-24
BULELK1 12-Apr-24
10-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I kept seeing this on Bowlife/Levi Morgan show when he was in Wyoming and Montana so I thought I would look into buying 1 as I'm using the Phone-skope and ya know.....

Good luck, Robb

10-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Made in USA, very important to me.

10-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

BULELK1's Link
Inclusive with good instructions on the link.

10-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

10-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The old Phone-Skope style set-up, always seeming to get out of-line/view.

10-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Magnet on my phone

10-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The weather was crappy all wknd, so I did most everything inside or out in the garage.

Here is how the new set-up sits/looks on my spotter.

10-Apr-24
What I really like about it is that if I remember (duh!) to go to camera on my phone it is so simple to line up for viewing and the magnet is super supportive and solid attached.

Right about $200.00 to my door, so a lil' more pricey than the Phone Skope stye stuff out there.

Simmons Sporting Goods outta Bastrop, La did a super service for me. Via my A-Prime order, Thanks!

I like it so much that I also got the Bino option.

I'll do more on it/the Bino in the morning.

Good luck, Robb

10-Apr-24
I have the Ollin and I like it also. The magnetic setups are the way to go! Cant wait to see the bino setup you have.

10-Apr-24
What is it? What's it do??

10-Apr-24
I wonder what Phoneskopes market share is looking like with the new, and in my opinion superior, options coming out. I’ve tried most of them, and the Ollin is by far the best in my opinion.

10-Apr-24
Can you still use a charging pad with the set-up?

10-Apr-24
I have the Magview digiscope for my spotting scope.

First off, I wish I'd stop getting ads for the damn thing now that I clicked on and bought it. You don't need to advertise to me anymore...I bought the damn thing a year ago. Sometimes I wonder if they've eaten up all their profit on Youtube ads since I bought it.

I bought a separate case for my phone to adhere the magnets to, because I didn't want to drag around the magnets 12 months per year. So I use the case with the magnet on it just during hunting season and switch them out.

As far as in the field, my main gripe is that it appears that you can just go quickly from looking through your scope to deploying your phone to your scope and taking pictures and that's not been the case for me.

The problem is that, if you have, say, a sheep that's a mile or two away and you've zoomed in to get a better look at it, I've not been able to just slap my phone on and take a picture.

It's not super easy to get the camara lined up perfectly and by the time you do, you're going to be looking at a different spot than the sheep was, which requires you to completely refind your animal, which, at max zoom with a phone attached to your optic is not easy.

It's definitely doable and if you have all the time in the world, it's not too big of a deal to get photos. But if you want to quickly get a photo before moving or initiating a stalk of what you're looking at, forget it. Or if you want to switch back and forth repeatedly between looking through the scope with and without the phone attached, it starts to become a PITA.

It definitely works, but it's not as fast as the commercial would have you believe.

10-Apr-24
I bought the Phone Skope that was suppose to fit my iPhone with an otter case. I threw it away after the first use. Complete waste of money. So, I'm very interested in this review.

11-Apr-24
I have a samsung S22 ultra. Excellent camera, although they keep getting better.

The problem I have with magview is my phone is big, and has a giant heavy battery. The phone is to heavy for the magnet, and continually slides off.

If you have an inferior light weight iphone, it might work fine.

Anyone used Ollin with a samsung ultra, with a real battery, great display, and camera?

11-Apr-24
I tried magview, ollin, and scopecam…. Ollin was hands down the best IMO. Having to use their specific case is the only draw back but it’s way better than trying to align the other models. Perfectly centered every single time. Love the setup.

11-Apr-24
I agree with idyllwild. I got a MagView as a gift and seemed hard to get phone lined up without messing around with scope for a minute. I am giving it another try this season.

11-Apr-24
It is a pain to line up the phone on the magview. If you download the magview app it makes it easy. You just open the app and a grid appears on your phone and it makes it easy to line up. I didn’t like the magview until I got the app.

11-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Thanks for the input All.

Like anything else ya get new and start using it, the more ya use it the easier/better it becomes.

Matt, I haven't tried that charge option yet.

Pretty much the same shipping box ect

Good luck, Robb

11-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Less rings and cups to tinker with.

11-Apr-24
Fits great on my 15 x 56's.

I'm very happy with both set-ups.

I went from Phone-skope style to this Magview so I really don't have any experience with any other brand types........sorry.

The bino install is on the same link above in this thread.

Good luck, Robb

11-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

11-Apr-24
I have had the magview for about a year I think. I like it a lot. Don't have to swap cases or have some bulky phoneskope case. Easy to set up on my scope. Gives a good eye cover piece for the skope when not in use. I've never had any issues with it. Would buy again.

11-Apr-24
Looks good, but I use a wireless charger exclusively, any "work arounds"?

11-Apr-24
Magview now offers a plate for your phone that is supposed to allow wireless chargers to work. It's an extra $15. I've got the spotting scope set up and I echo IdyllwildArcher's comments exactly. I even bought an extra case for my phone so I wouldn't have to have the metal plate on it all the time. Probably going to get the bino adapter and give it a try also.

12-Apr-24
Let me answer this way, the Bino adapter was right at $100. via A-Prime, fulfilled by the same Simmons Sporting Goods.

2 days and it was here.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear