onX Maps

My first morning hunt on a 6 day trip to deer camp had already been a good one. I saw 3 does each with a yearling and had a couple of spike in/out chasing them. At 8:25AM I had two spikes eating corn in front of me when I heard a deer jump into the pen. I looked up and said to myself, "holy cow, that is a good buck." I studied the deer as he passed in front of my blind at about 10 yards, circling my corn feeder and heading straight for the protein. Of all the deer on my trail camera, this was the one I wanted most. As he stuck his nose in my protein feeder I decided that broadside at 20 yards was about as good as it gets, so I better make a move. I drew back and sent an arrow through both lungs. He was in my sight for about 15 seconds before I shot him. I can honestly say that I do not believe he even knew he was hurt. He walked to the back of my pen and looked at my blind. Then he jumped out and looked again. Then he jumped a cross fence and walked away. I watched him fall down into some cedar trees. About two minutes later I heard him try to get up and then silence. I previously had named this buck Mack, as in Mack Daddy. But since he was missing part of his ear, my wife suggested Holyfield would be a more appropriate name. Attached Images

Details about Kevin Kenney 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 12/28/2008
State - TX
County - Kinney
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Kodiak Bowlogic34
Broadhead - Shuttle T
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite