Sitka Gear

Veterans Day, November 11, 2009 at 7:05 AM. This was the only deer I saw that morning. He came out of the dense cover straight into my stand location. I had placed three Doe in Estrus wafers out when I set up that morning. I drew my bow as he approached. The buck got as close as 11 yards and looks up at me. That startles him and he runs a few steps. I bleated with my mouth to try and stop him. This effort slows his pace. He sees my 2-D buck decoy and stops slightly quartering towards me, however my shot is obstructed. I have been at full draw for what seemed several minutes and I am starting to shake. I had to lean backwards over the bar on my treestand to get a clean shot. I am shaking a lot from fatigue. I pause and imagine a successful shot. My shaking stops, I hold the pin on target and the release goes off perfectly. The deer ran about 20 yards before it started staggering. It staggered another 20 yards and feel dead within sight of my stand. He is a 235# 8 pointer and the best deer I have ever shot with a bow.

Details about Michael Sellers 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/11/2009
State - Ct
County - New London
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Custom Shooting Systems Challenger
Broadhead - Carbon Express F-15
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite