Mathews Inc.

Had some time this evening to get out in the woods. I checked the wind on the weather channel.com, the wind was perfect for my spot in East Haddam. I was settled in my treestand, downwind from a scrape line by 1:30pm. At 4:00pm i saw a large deer working over the hill to my left. I could see it was a nice buck, and he started working a scrape. I waited till he was finished and gave out a few grunts. He looked my way, but continued over the hill away from me, so when he paused again, I got more aggressive with the grunt call, and also hit the can call. He then turned and started my way. when he got down into my lane he stopped and gave me a broadside shot at 40 yards, and I took it! Double lung, he only went 20 yards and piled up. Wow what an awesome season this has been so far, after getting the 8 point on Monday, I never thought I could top that buck so soon. I feel very Blessed to be able to get two nice 8 point bucks in the same week. And be able to fill all four of my archery tags this season. I think he would weigh around 160lbs,dressed out, and is a 4 year old buck.

Details about Isaac Heath 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/10/2007
State - Ct
County - East Haddam
Time of Day - Afternoon
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Hoyt
Broadhead - Blackout from redhead/G5
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite