Sitka Gear

I hunted this morning in Southbury, and didn't see anything by 10:30, so I decided to go to one of my Cockaponset state land spots for the evening. I was set up and waiting by 12:30 pm. Saw a button buck first; he stayed around my tree for 30 min. Then I had small bucks chasing does all around me til 4:30 when a larger buck came trotting down one of my shooting lanes and cut through the laurel. I had just a second to judge him, and thinking he was a 3 year old, I stopped him in a small hole in the brush and punched one through his lungs. He ran about 100 yards lived about 10 seconds... On recovery I found him to be a 2 year old. Oh well... I would have liked to have passed on him.. No more regular any sex archery tags left! This makes my 5th deer this year, and 2nd buck on state land.. I couldn't have asked for a better season! I do have one regular antlerless tag that I could use on state,and two replacement tags: one any sex and one antlerless. So I'll have to hunt zone 12 for a little while. This season is on its way to be my best yet!

Details about Isaac Heath 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/07/2009
State - Ct
County - Cockaponset
Time of Day - Afternoon
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Hoyt
Broadhead - Blackout from redhead/G5
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite