Sitka Gear

I finally had some time to get out, and have been hunting hard since Saturday morning. I hunted some of my private lands spots and could have shot does, but no bucks were to be seen. This morning the wind was perfect for one of my state land spots, so I was set up 45 min before legal light. I saw nothing until 8:34 am. Then I heard a deer to my left but it wouldn't come all the way in. While waiting, I heard another coming from my right. He came right down my lane and stopped at 12 yards looking up at me. I was at full draw and put one though the boiler room. He ran on a dead run for about 200 yards. I hit him good but when he looked up he must have turned quartering towards me. I got one lung and right through the center of the liver. I would have passed on him if I knew he was only a 6 point, but he seems to be at least 3 or 4 years old, so good to get him out of the gene pool! A wide 6 point about 165lb's dressed. (This buck had been fighting last night,he had blood all over his horns and top of his head. Also had two large tears in his ear, and 4 puncture wounds on his head. Also when skinning him his neck and shoulder was very bruised. Also had two puncture wounds to his butt. And he came into rattling!)

Details about Isaac Heath 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/03/2010
State - Ct
County - middlesex
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Hoyt Magnatech
Broadhead - Blackout from redhead/G5
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite