Mathews Inc.

I drove home to hunt the last day of Turkey season. Got up the next morning and went to my favorite spot. The birds were gobbling everywhere. I sat up on the bird with the deepest gobble. He flew down and went the other way. I sat still till about 10 o'clock when I heard a bird in the distance. I called softly and sparingly. He kept getting closer then I heard someone calling from the road above me. He was gobbling every time the other hunter called. Eventually I was between them. The big Tom came straight up the point that I was on. He popped up and gobbled opposite the side that I was aiming and scared me. I jumped and he saw me. He clucked twice and ran. I put the cross hairs on the back of his head and shot as he went over the hill. The shot was too far and I thought I'd missed. I went to the place that I last saw him and some feathers were on the ground. I looked down the hill and leaves were rustled up in a couple spots. There were feathers here and there but no blood anywhere. I walked down to a bench and found where he crossed it. Iwent down to another bench and lost the trail. I turned and looked back up at where I came from and thought that I had lost him. I prayed to God that if I killed the animal to please let me find him. I stood there for a couple minutes wandering what to do and something told me to look left. I turned my head and seen him laying five yards from me. I almost stepped on him when I hit the bench and never seen him. Thank you God.

Details about matt cline 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 04/20/2008
State - WV
County - Mingo
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Turkey

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Remington 870
Broadhead - Federal 3 inch 4 shot
Arrow - Aluminum