Sitka Gear

I had several trail camera pictures of this buck as well as a few sightings before the season. I had him figured out that he would come by in the afternoon around 4:00 almost daily. Well the day that I harvested him I made sure to get in the stand extra early and arrived at 1:00. I sat a waited at 4:12pm I looked across the field and spotted his rack. Here he comes I said to myself as he walked across the field he was accompanied by a small 4pt. He got to roughly 15yds but I had no shot he was feeding facing me and the smaller buck was directly under me. oh no I said to myself as the smaller one got nervous and ran back to the treeline. The larger buck following. After about 10 minutes they both fed back to the same location this time the big buck was quartering away, I took the shot and hit a litter farther back than I wanted but it still looked like a good hit aas I watched him run the arrow was sticking out both sides of him a little forward of mid body. He ran into the woods, an impenetrable patch of thorns and briar bushes. I waited an hour and a half and climbed down with the help of two of my friends we looked but had no blood. after 2 hours and maybe 75yds into the trail it was dark and my friends had to leave. I vowed I would find this buck and was back at daybreak the next morning It had poured overnight and it looked grim. With no blood to go by and barely being able to walk due to how thick the prickers were I knew it would be a daunting task but I told myself I knew what I saw and it was a good hit and he was here. After 4 hours and a few prayers I found him about 125 yds from where I hit him. I was so happy. He scores 131"

Details about David Pignataro 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 09/29/2006
State - Ct
County - Fairfield
Time of Day - Afternoon
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - bowtech extreme vft
Broadhead - slicktrick 100 gr
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite