Mathews Inc.

After getting a buck on Thursday with the shotgun it was already a good week, but I still had a couple of any sex archery tags left. So I went out to a small piece of private land that my good friend Tom and I share. We haven't seen any deer from this stand this year but the wind was perfect and we had couple smaller bucks on trail cam in Oct. I was setup 30 min before Legal light and Just at legal light I had 5 coyotes come through; I tried to put an arrow through one but was spotted and they ran off. At 6:30am I saw a deer working along the ridge above me about 175 yards away. I waited till it stopped and gave out a couple of calls, the deer lifted his head and I saw it was a buck. I called a second time and he headed my way. He came right into about 20 yards, I gave out a bleat and he stopped right in front of the trail cam. and I shot hitting a little higher than I like and he dropped in his tracks. (not so familiar with the new crossbow have it sighted in dead on at 30yards so it is a little high at 20) He looks to be a nice 3 year old with a messed up left side, probably injured in velvet. A great week of hunting and it has made my season, it has been the toughest hunting that I can remember, but the last couple of days made up for it! This is the first buck I have taken with the crossbow,but still prefer the compound. Used Wasp Z-Force broadheads and Barnett Wildcat c6 Crossbow

Details about Isaac Heath 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/21/2015
State - Ct
County - Middlesex
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Barnett Wildcat C6
Broadhead - Wasp Z-Force
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite