kota-man 12-Jul-13
SoDakSooner 12-Jul-13
Hawkeye 12-Jul-13
kota-man 12-Jul-13
JW 12-Jul-13
SoDakSooner 12-Jul-13
Tilzbow 13-Jul-13
10-Jul-13
I've tried Axion, Ktech & Doinker. Doesn't seem like they actually stabilize. They may decrease noise some and make the bow look nicer but I'd like something that actually helps steady the bow. Are there any that actually work and still allow my bow to fit in a hunting case?

10-Jul-13
B-Stinger. The one with the stiff bar and large disc at the end. Not the "sport hunter" version.

10-Jul-13

JW's embedded Photo
JW's embedded Photo
One of these...

10-Jul-13
second the b stinger. Even the hunter or "sport hunter" edition will help stabilize. There is a difference to a stabilizer and dampener. The only con I have noticed is the added weight to your bow. It's manageable though and worth the weight.

10-Jul-13
12" 11 oz Bstinger! Have one on each of my bows.

10-Jul-13
Beautiful rig, JW! Is the side bar also B Stinger?

10-Jul-13
I run a 7" Octane with two end weights. Basically you want weight out away from the bow.

10-Jul-13
Thanks Midwest. Side bar is an 8" sport with 3oz. 10.25" up front with an 11oz. disc.

10-Jul-13
You know what works killer? A 10" doinker multi rod with a b stinger weight screwed in, replacing the doinker weight.

Get all the benefits of vibe and noise dampening and the stabilization the weight out front offers.

Can find both parts cheap in archery classifieds.

11-Jul-13
How many people hunt with a side bar like the one above? Not just tree stand hunting but spot and stalk and hiking around to areas? I like the idea of having a more stable sight window but am concerned how it would be to get caught on bush, etc.

11-Jul-13
X 2 or 3 on the bee stinger!

11-Jul-13
I do Drop tine. Most of my hunting is from a stand or a blind but if I were taking off for elk I would still be hauling around my bow with 14 oz. of stab weight. FWI...I run 5 oz on a 10 inch Doinker Platinum hunter on the front and 9 oz. on an 8" Platinum hunter side/rear bar. Bow is a Hoyt CM RKT.

11-Jul-13
My set up I am trying for this year is very similar to JW . I have a 10" off the front with 4 z, 8" on the side with a bit more weight. Both have simms deresonators on them, like what comes on the sport hunter

11-Jul-13

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Just fixed up my maxima reds. TAW about 440.

11-Jul-13

SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
I use a stokerized ss1 which sits off to the side of the bow. Weights can be screwed in the front and back and you can buy longer rods. Really helps offset the quiver weight and does actually work as a stabilizer.

11-Jul-13
All those bows look so clean! Mine is brand new (last year) and it looks used and abused! I guess I ride em hard and put them up wet...

11-Jul-13
I was thinking the same thing Nick!

Do you guys hunt with those bows, or just take their pictures? :) :)

Bake

11-Jul-13
I use a 24" front bar and 10" side bar. Never had a problem but I carry it the same way I've carried my target bow for 40 years, by the grip and stabilizer up. If you hold a bow by the string obviously a long front bar won't work. Personally, I want a front bar to stabilize not add weight.

11-Jul-13
B-Stinger

11-Jul-13
+1 Nick/Bake. I was thinking the same thing. My bow is a 2010 Z7, and I take good care of it, but it looks like a hunting bow.

11-Jul-13
Those are some pretty pageanty bows. Flaunt it if you got it I guess.

I currently don't use a stabilizer, but have been contemplating one. I've been shooting with my quiver on for a bit now and it seems that tilt or torque on the bow is just going to be there. I like the "idea" of the side bar for counterbalance, I just don't like the idea of putting one of those things on my bow. I'm more of a bare bones kind of guy.

12-Jul-13
hawkeye...you may have just cost me some $$$ with those pics of those Maxima Reds...Very nice.

I'm a B Stinger fan as well...

12-Jul-13
Definitely hunt with it. Just take really good care of it. I only buy a bow every 10 years or so so have to make it last. Mostly stand hunting, but some spot and stalk. Will see how it survives CO this year.

I will say the quiver was brand new when that pic was taken though. No trailer queen here. Shoot 3d and spots with it too.......

The arrows were just for show/weight. Normally shoot fmj's.

12-Jul-13
They shoot very well Kota-will shoot long range this weekend with broadheads.

One of these days I'll take one of my bows into the field ;)

12-Jul-13
Nick...For those of us that DON'T use our bows to make snow angels, our bows stay purdy, even with regular field use.

12-Jul-13
X2 Kota :)

12-Jul-13
Just noticed all those bows are rocking the tight spot too...... :)

BTW....X3 Kota man

13-Jul-13
I've been shooting a B Stinger for a few years now and really like it. I just put a B Stinger side bar on tonight, similar to JW's pic above and I'm really loving the side bar to counter the quiver. With the side bar the bubble just levels itself and the bow seems to be much better balanced.

On their website B Stinger recommends back weight on parallel limb bows for what that's worth....

• Sitka Gear