bowaholic 18-Jul-06
Spike Bull 25-Jul-06
wvhunter 25-Jul-06
WHuffman 26-Jul-06
Spike Bull 27-Jul-06
bowaholic 27-Jul-06
Spike Bull 31-Jul-06
16-Jul-06
I have recently been involved in the purchase and installation of a Technohunt Video Archery simulator. Since the installation we have been attempting to work out the "glitches" in the new "upgraded" system. We have experienced less than adequate customer support from the company. Do any of you have the Technohunt system(s)? If so, have you had problems with either the system itself or customer support from the company? Any insight or input on the system that could help us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

17-Jul-06
A friend of mine that owns the local pro shop has had the same problems as far as customer support with the set up of his technohunt after buying it.They don't return his phone calls or answer his emails.PM me and i might be able to hook you 2 up to talk about it.lol

17-Jul-06
The local shop here has one as well. It doesn't seem to work well most of the time. The tracking isn't accurate. Don't know about the CS. But, the performance is less than desired.

17-Jul-06
Check with John Schaffer at Schaffer Performance Archery (952-894-4139). He has had a Techno Hunt set up for the last three years or so and seems to be able to keep it working.

17-Jul-06
Our shop just had one put in that they purchased at the Atlanta show. It was very late getting installed, came incomplete, and hasn't really functioned correctly yet.

It's almost lawyer time.

Too bad because it is a great concept and I have seen them work well. The company just doesn't seem to have it together to consistently put out a complete working product.

17-Jul-06
Its great when it works. A shop here in SW MI has one but a sensor went out (which enabled up to 3 stooters at once) and it has been a year waiting for parts/warranty.

Bill in MI

18-Jul-06
Thanks for the replies. I'm very sorry some of you are having similar issues with your system but it helps knowing we are not the only ones.

25-Jul-06
Straightarrow, my friend is having the same response, or lack there of! Although I did recieve a PM from Technoman asking for more info. (I don't know if this was an overture towards rectifying the situation or just a tool to prepare a defense!) In either case I'm glad it's not my $40K+ tied up and not earning any returns! No wonder guys are POed.

25-Jul-06
I helped a local shop move their TechnoHunt from one shot to a new building.

A couple things to keep in mind: NO florescent lights on the range, this will really mess with the sensors.

Also if a range is not tracking correctly odds are it needs calibrated. Calibration is a royal PIA and takes a good bit of time to do right. Tracking can also be effected by florescent lights.

Double check the wiring of the range. We used Cat5e and found a wire that had gotten pinched during the install which was making just enough connection to get the system started but would give intermentint problems when the system was running.

As far as the customer service, I agree the company leaves alot to be desired, we called many times and had a horrible time getting a response. But once the TechoHunt is up and running correctly they are a blast to shoot.

No I do not have any connections with TechnoHunt. Good luck.

26-Jul-06
I have had nothing but trouble with mine. Just after the warrenty ran out (1 year) the sensor went bad. I had to have that rebuilt and it took 4 months. I would think that the amount of money I paid for the system the warrenty would be more than 1 year. Poor support from the company. If I had it to do over again, I would not have purchased it.

27-Jul-06
You know, it sounds like thier phone must ring constantly but nobody seems to want to talk. Everybody understands that situations occur that can make life in business tough sometimes but often bold moves and true leadership can turn things around. I hope these guys get things back on track and create a lot of happy system owners and shooters.

27-Jul-06
Well, it seems that the Archery Interactive Company (Technohunt) has a new tech-support person. His name is Shawn and he has been very active in helping us with our problems. Finally we have been receiving return phone calls and Shawn has actually initiated some suggestions to get our system lined out. I can't even began to describe the appreciation. We truly feel we are making progress. If you've been experiencing problems with customer service you might give Shawn a chance to help you out. Understand he has only been with the company 6 weeks and admittedly does not know the system inside and out but is learning. Good luck and thanks Shawn.

31-Jul-06
I spoke to my guy and he is familiar with Shawn. He thinks Shawn is a great guy with solid knowledge of the software. Apparently that is not what has him upset at this juncture. When you are at the end of a long string of broken promises and spent a lot of money on stuff that is not as billed you get a little jaded. I was around for much of it and it wasn't a confidence/trust builder.

It doesn't matter how bad it gets, you don't ignore a good customer's phone calls.

• Sitka Gear