MBguide 09-May-10
hunting addict 09-May-10
hunting addict 09-May-10
wapiti270 09-May-10
Ibow 10-May-10
Eddiebobeddy 11-May-10
TXHunter 11-May-10
29-May-07
Would appreciate it if fellow hunters would be willing to post pictures of their life size bear mounts they have had done for their trophies.

29-May-07

milnrick's embedded Photo
milnrick's embedded Photo
Here's my wife's life size.

29-May-07
SS,

I think you can do a search and see alot of mounts like this. I know the question was asked in the past and alot of people posted. I know I did.

Hugh

29-May-07
the problem is going to be that all photos on threads older than a few months ago were lost in a system crash so you'll get text but no photos of the old threads.

31-May-07
very nice mount your wife has of her bear.

31-May-07

bo-n-aro's embedded Photo

01-Jun-07
awesome mounts! I need to shoot a bear in a big way...

01-Jun-07

tylers dad's embedded Photo

01-Jun-07

02-Jun-07
Very nice mounts.

bow-n-arrow do you have a pic that shows the side view of your bear? I'm doing a full mount this year and kind of leaning towards something like what you got there! Thanks.

02-Jun-07

Bowbendr's embedded Photo
Bowbendr's embedded Photo
I just got this mount back last week and he is awesome! Pictures just do not do him justice.

02-Jun-07

02-Jun-07

Gator's embedded Photo
Gator's embedded Photo
Sorry about shooting that blank.

02-Jun-07
Nice mount gator, that looks like a Rob Nye hog.

03-Jun-07
You gotta good eye.

03-Jun-07
Great mount Bob. If I remember correctly, didn't you pass that bear the first time!!?? LOL!

03-Jun-07
Great mounts! I shot a smaller bear this last week, and I'm trying to decide if I want to full body it, or make a rug. I've heard that there are alot of neat ways to mount a smaller bear, but I can't find any pics. I looked at the form companies, and it seems they are all the standard walking or standing forms. Has anyone seen a sitting or some other way to mount a small bear?

03-Jun-07
........IN THE JAWS OF A LARGE ONE

04-Jun-07
Hey Jeff, You remember correctly. Dumb enough to pass him on day one but lucky enough to have a second chance on day three.

BTY, just got word from a friend in Africa. He just took a very large Male Lion. Twenty yard shot. All on video. He's now after a female. Can't wait to see the video/pictures.

04-Jun-07
Tratton Run Taxidermy in Sussex NB has a couple of smaller bear positioned in and around habitat as if they're sleeping or hibernating. We saw it when we first visited his studio in 05, it was still there last Spring. The mount is really eye catching. I don't have his website, but have got the rest of his info.

Dale Robinson Tratton Run Taxidermy [email protected] (506) 433-3383 (506) 433-5600

Hope this helps.

RH

04-Jun-07

elkaholic, here is a side view. Hope it helps. Dad-gum guys... GATOR..... you sure know how to make a guy feel bad about shooting a little ole 200 pound black bear!! :) Actually, that was one of my most memorable hunts. Spot and stalk in Southern Co. with my son standing next to me and shooting the bear are 6 steps!! Great bears guys!!

05-Jun-07
Very nice! Thanks bo-n-aro.....

05-Jun-07
I see some with the mouth open and some closed is that somthing personal or is there a reason? Steve

05-Jun-07

Muleball39's embedded Photo
Muleball39's embedded Photo
here is mine from last year

05-Jun-07
Steve - Just personal preferrence. Mouth open will cost a bit more because you have to buy the mouth insert and there is more finish work, I would assume. I personally don't care for the real aggressive open mouth mounts. No offense to anyone, but I just don't think they look as natural.

This thread has been killing me, but I just got the call. My bear is DONE!! Hopefully pick him up this weekend. I went with an open mouth, but it's a "panting" mouth and non-aggressive.

I hope to post a picture Saturday night.

26-Jun-07

Straight_Shooter's embedded Photo
Straight_Shooter's embedded Photo
Gator that is a beautiful bear and mount. I am thinking about a similar mount for the bear I took this season (see picture).

26-Jun-07
Colin,

Nice bear! Anyone ever tell you you look like Pat Lefemine? When he was younger, of course. Heh heh heh.

Watts

28-Jun-07

deathwind's embedded Photo
deathwind's embedded Photo
Here's a picture of a bow kill that I mounted for a friend. Not the best picture but you can get the idea of the mount. My friend shot this brute with Jim Shockey.

29-Jun-07
Hey Colin, I am mounting two life size in three weeks or so. I will make you a deal !!!!!!!! I need some help arond the shop because I am behind,if you help me I will mount your bear WITH you, just pay for supplies. Let me know.

Darren

29-Jun-07
Darren,nice mount and you just gave me a good idea on how to have the bear I just harvested monday.It was a large boar at around 400lbs with the skull green scoring at over a good 20 inches.If I knew how to post the pics I would.I already have 1 400lber mounted in my living room and I,m having this one mounted fighting with the other bear,2 very large bears,and I like the style of that mount you done.Dan

29-Jun-07
Thats not my mount. Nice looking mount though

29-Jun-07
Thanks Straight-Shooter. Your bear will make an outstanding mount. Beautiful color. Congratulations.

29-Jun-07
4wapiti, I sent you a pm. Hope this helps you.

06-Sep-07

huntmaster's embedded Photo
huntmaster's embedded Photo
Any more pictures of full mounts?

I took this boar last week in SK and am trying to figure out how to mount him. I caught the whole thing on film, so I think I want to have him quartering away and looking back over his right side, similar to how I shot him.

I know its hard to tell from this picture, but any guess how much he weighs or how big he is?

06-Sep-07

HuntinHabit's embedded Photo

06-Sep-07

29-Sep-07
I was wondering are these real rocks and stumps in these dif. mounts shown, I just bought my full mount back from Canada and told them I would make my own base for it being a retired carpenter, the wood part of it is simple, I hope I did'nt bite off more than I can chew! It looks like Tylers dad and Huntinhabits mounts

29-Sep-07
Mine are fake rocks. They're hollow. Got them from McKenzie, and they are made to fit the form I chose. The two of them together cost about $200 with shipping I think. Kind of expensive, but they look really good and matched the 'tundra' rocks pretty good, so I spent the extra cash...

01-Oct-07
huntinhabit thanks for the info I'm going to call my taxidermist and get info on the form he used maybe that will help me out.

02-Oct-07
And thank you for your info, Tylers Dad

05-May-08
For you guys that did your own Base what did you use for the ground and like on the base. I have a good log that I am going to use for the front feet mount but still need to fill in the rest.

05-May-08
My base has a 5/8 thick plywood bottom. I screwed pipe flanges to the bottom, located where the all thread from the form would be, and screwed short pipes to the flanges. The bear just slides in the pipes for easy moving, cleaning and so on. I plugged the pipes and stared pouring foam onto the base bottom. I pourd and carved the shapes I wanted, painting the rock shapes and glueing dirt to the rest. Vegetation, limbs, logs and stuff can be glued down or for larger pieces, drill holes in the bottom side, hammer a heavy wire and than just stick it down into the foam. Hope this helps.

05-May-08

Muskwa's embedded Photo
Muskwa's embedded Photo
I have four 3/4 mounts, but this is my first life size. I really like the pose and I made the base myself.

05-May-08
I absolutley love bear hunting with traditional equipment. I have taken bears in Colorado (no bait), but this one came from Canada. I leave next week for my fourth year in a row! Good luck to all spring bear hunters!

05-May-08

Muskwa's embedded Photo
Muskwa's embedded Photo
One more pic

06-May-08
I finally finished the base on my first full mount.

06-May-08

NYbob's embedded Photo
NYbob's embedded Photo

06-May-08

NYbob's embedded Photo
NYbob's embedded Photo

06-May-08
Great looking mount NYbob! Good looking room too! Very tastefully done, your wife must decorate it!

Thanks for the finished pic, good job on the base. Where's all the bear rugs though?

06-May-08

Brock-ID's embedded Photo

06-May-08

bugleum's embedded Photo
bugleum's embedded Photo
here is my montana bear that i mounted on a mckenzie form that i had to alter so that it would be just the way i like it.

07-May-08

NYbob's embedded Photo
NYbob's embedded Photo
TD, the bear rugs are upstairs on the railing, but next month there will be one on the wall in this downstairs room, Corey has all the bears done from last fall! I still have'nt seen your mount. Bob Her's the other end of that room,

07-May-08
These are all great looking mounts.

Nick - I think that is my favorite pose. I like the ears pinned back.

I've seen a lot of full mounts where a big bear ends up looking like a cub. Not the case with these. Gees, now I might have to think about a full mount after I'm successful this spring.

07-May-08

Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Chris Durando's embedded Photo

08-May-08

MBguide's embedded Photo
MBguide's embedded Photo
I'll put this one up again just because I like the looks of it

08-May-08
BR-Stinger: After working at a taxidermy shop for six years their are a few things to remember when making your bear look as large as possible. 1.any curvature or twist in the body of the bear will make it look it look smaller. 2. elevating the front of the bear in any way(stump, rock, whatever) will make your bear look larger. 3. In my opinion the only problem with leaving the body of the bear straight is that it seems "dead" on my particular bear i cut the form and turned the body right in the midsection, but not too much so that the bear doesn't appear forshortened. 4. Another thing to get your bear to look alive is to ask your taxidermist to use white banded bear eyes. it's hard to see in my picture but the eyes are actually looking a different direction than the head. This is what really makes bear mounts look alive.

09-May-08
Thanks for the tips Bugleum.

09-May-08
Chris Durando

Beautiful, realistic mount, I dont see why people do an open mouth mount unless its a rug, Black Bear rarely show their teeth, and I dont like the standing on something with the limp wrist, maybe if you added a fish or a log they were digging in but they look like they have lost thier mind swiping at the air:-)

Beautiful Standing Mount!!

09-May-08
MBguide ... you're not the only one who likes the looks of that one. 8~)

That is one beautiful bear and a great mount as well.

Great mounts ... all of them.

10-May-08

loadedforbear's embedded Photo
just picked up yesterday,shot by a client in spring 07 weighed 435lbs,sweet

10-May-08

10-May-08

oops wrong one,i try again

10-May-08

bernie mac's embedded Photo
Bear taken with Chase Outfitters. What do you think of this mount?

10-May-08
bernie that is cool!!!! what is the dead critter??

loadedfor bear, that is awesome!!

10-May-08

What do you think of this mount? taken with Chase Outfitters.

10-May-08
Awesome mounts. Bernie, I like that whole set up w/ the framed pic on the wall. Very nice.

10-May-08
Bernie how about a close up of the framed pic....who made that for you, it is awesome!!

10-May-08

here is a closer look at the picture i made. I originally purchased a cheap picture from cabelas with this frame and matte. When I got my bear I inserted my own pictures.

10-May-08

Tradbow, the critter is a beaver on top of his mud hut.

26-May-08
muleball39 : whats the deal with your bears front paws? It looks like they are wet or damaged . maybe its just the photo? Other wise its a good bear!

26-May-08

Old Rug, this is my first Bear. I took it in 86. Great memories.

27-May-08

BOBSTER's embedded Photo
BOBSTER's embedded Photo
Here is mine, not what I wanted for the mount, but happy to get it back. Bob

31-May-08

splt91's embedded Photo
splt91's embedded Photo
Cinnamon Mount

31-May-08
This is debate free, and I'm sure everyone else thinks the same, but...Huh?

I think you should be getting a refund, or if it was free then some kind of a rebate.

31-May-08

keep's embedded Photo
keep's embedded Photo
Here is mine

31-May-08

keep's embedded Photo
keep's embedded Photo
and another

27-Dec-08

18-Mar-09

bleudog's embedded Photo
bleudog's embedded Photo
Just got mi mount back this week. He is awesume.

08-May-10

MBguide's embedded Photo
MBguide's embedded Photo
here's a mount for you to look at

lbow this is for you also

08-May-10
MBguide, who mounted that color phase? That's one of the best natural looking full body mounts I've seen!

08-May-10
Or is that a grizzly? Thing is huge!

08-May-10

08-May-10
MBguide did mal from boggy creek mount the blond bear?

08-May-10

bchunter's embedded Photo
bchunter's embedded Photo
This is 2 bears I killed I just finished the base

08-May-10

MBguide's embedded Photo
MBguide's embedded Photo
Yes Mark Mel did this mount and is doing mine also

Buckslayer the mount was done by Mel Nemetchuk owner of Boggy Creek Taxidermy in San Clara,Mb

here's another view of the mount

08-May-10

MBguide's embedded Photo
MBguide's embedded Photo
and a another

08-May-10

MBguide's embedded Photo
MBguide's embedded Photo
here's another that he is mounting right now

08-May-10

MBguide's embedded Photo
MBguide's embedded Photo
here's a pic for size comparison my brother is 6'1 220 this bear is 440lbs spring weight 21 inch head shot with a bow

08-May-10
MBguide, that's what a good bear mount looks like. Your taxidermist's face detail work is excellant! Very nice.

08-May-10

Hardcorehunter's embedded Photo

08-May-10

08-May-10

09-May-10
Nice mounts would like to bow hunt for one myself.

09-May-10
Personaly if I was going to mount a bear, Id first try it while he is sleeping, being very carefull not to wake him up =)

09-May-10
Here's my Wyoming bear full mount.

09-May-10

Bowboy's Link
Here's my Wyoming bear full mount.

09-May-10

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Here's the pictures It wouldn't take the first time!

09-May-10

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Here's another view

09-May-10
I think that if the bear was standing on his his hind legs, snarling and swinging his extended claws when you shot him, then thats how he should be mounted. Very realistic.

09-May-10
this thread is a reminder on the wide range of taxidermy work that is out there. both ends of the spectrum are well represented.

09-May-10

MBguide's embedded Photo
MBguide's embedded Photo
Wapiti270 like this one, this mount was not done yet he had just put the hide on but this body stance is just like that painting that Desmond Mcaffery did on the bear getting shot by an arrow

09-May-10

09-May-10

hunting addict's embedded Photo
hunting addict's embedded Photo
Here's mine...

09-May-10
Mbguide, that is a completed mount, though maybe not headfinished. It is sewn up, the face detailed and looks dry. Pretty nice looking mount, actually.

10-May-10
MBGuide ... beautiful bear. Was it your brother who actually took that bear? No matter who it was, that is the bear of 10 lifetimes and whoever made the decision to do a full mount made the right call. As always, thanks for contributing your picts - they are great.

11-May-10
MB Guide, those are the best bear mount I've ever seen. I love that large blond mount. Gorgeous.

11-May-10
MBguide that is an exceptional mount.Some of the others on here are good too-but I must say the impression I get from this thread is that bear mounts are (ahem) difficult to do properly.Just like cat mounts.(If you are a poster on here don't worry-YOUR bear looks great!) :-)

I am going bear hunting and I am going to remove the risk and do a rug.The rugs to me look great.

• Sitka Gear