Bowfreak 15-Aug-07
Waterfowler 15-Aug-07
camoman73 15-Aug-07
Scott 15-Aug-07
Bou'bound 15-Aug-07
Scoreguy 15-Aug-07
x-man 15-Aug-07
14-Aug-07
I'm pretty familiar with the history of Mathews models offered over the years and I know which ones stand out as tried and true classics, the Conquest for example but can anyone tell me what Hoyt models in the last few years have stuck out as some of the ones people continue to praise? I'm trying to learn more about what models of used bows stand the test of time. Thanks.

15-Aug-07
The Defiant was a good bow.

GG

15-Aug-07
The Spectra 5000 (circa 1988) The ProVantage (circa 1988) The Super Slam (circa 1990)

Of these three, I would rank them as PV, Spectra, SS (in descending order).

15-Aug-07
I second the ProVantage rating. It is a very good bow. If your talking more then compounds then the Gold Medalist is a good one too.

Hoyt has been around since 1929 or so. Companies like Mathews are a mere drop in the bucket compared to the history Hoyt has.

15-Aug-07
Fast Flight pre Super Slam. Still have it and shoot it. More recent is the Ultra Tec.

15-Aug-07
My Hoyt bows: 1988-Pro Vantage 1995"I think"-Defiant Supreme 2004-Pro tec- got to love Hoyt.

15-Aug-07
Loved my Pro V Love my UltraTec

15-Aug-07
I shot an UltraTec several years ago and it performed like a charm. I shot if like crazy for 6 months and it was by far the most accurate I have ever shot.

15-Aug-07
I have shot Hoyt bows for 25 years. The Provantage will always be my favorite. Had a PV Hunter and a PV Carbonate (for target). IMHO the most forgiving bow ever made. Had a Pro Hunter that was a nice bow also.

Jaybee

15-Aug-07
I agree that the most recent classic was the Ultra Tec.

15-Aug-07
Alpha tec and my 2 protecs,love both great shooters.Tried the others and am sticking with HOYT.

15-Aug-07
doesnt hoyt make tennis rackets and golf clubs and stuff like that,to.lol sorry guys.

15-Aug-07
I had two oldies I liked the Gamegetter II (late 80's) and my first real "nice" bow Hoyt Flashpoint Heat (1995ish).

15-Aug-07
PROHUNTER 1985

PROVANTAGE HUNTER

SUPER SLAM

ASPEN

DEFIANT

ULTRATEC

have had them all and they all worked well.

15-Aug-07
Thats awesome guys, I really appreciate the input. I'm not one to say that anything is better than anything else and I'd like to add something from Hoyt to my arsenal. You've definately given me some things to look for in particular! As for newer Hoyts, where does the V-Tec stand amongst those in the know?

15-Aug-07
They've been making the pro-elite for many years now(target bow). It is the archery version of a sniper rifle!

There are probably more Ultratecs in the world than any other Hoyt model.

• Sitka Gear