SERBIANSHARK 26-Oct-07
bowriter 28-Oct-07
passing... thru 03-Nov-07
BB 05-Nov-07
BB 05-Nov-07
TheTone 31-Mar-08
wybowhunter 25-May-08
20-Sep-07
Does anyone know how to photoshop the blood out of a picture? I would like to post a picture of my goat but would prefer to clean him up first.

20-Sep-07
Does anyone know how to photoshop the blood out of a picture? I would like to post a picture of my goat but would prefer to clean him up first.

20-Sep-07
pm sent

20-Sep-07
come on the blood is cool

20-Sep-07
I photo shop blood INTO my photos ha ha. Go ahead and clean it up but post the original as well

20-Sep-07
I use the clone tool to clone a clean area over the blood. Zoom in to get a clean transition.

20-Sep-07
Post the pic And let's see what we can do. We can handle a little blood.

20-Sep-07
I will be happy to work on your photo if you desire, but I leave early in the morning to hunt moose for a week or so. But send me the full size pictures you want done to [email protected] and I will work them over as soon as I get back.

Have a great bowhunt BB

21-Sep-07

nijimasu's embedded Photo
Like described above-find a clean section of hair and clone it over the blood. here's a before and after I did of a friend's deer. i'm not a pro like BB, and I have a pretty primative photo editor- but you get the idea-

Before

21-Sep-07

after

21-Sep-07
I think it's an "outee"-

21-Sep-07
I think Serb calls it a "ten ring" but he's not here to defend himself. ;^)

10-Oct-07
bulls eye...lol....but you do have to have the arrow going forward toward the neck.

not a ten ring..lol

serb

11-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I am only a dabbler, but I quite enjoy fixing pictures. But I've learned that it takes much less time in the field to make it look natural and real than it does on the computer. We all should learn to take a bit of time and prepare the animal for good pictures. It's much better than any photo shop photo and much faster in the long run.

Here's one I did just recently for a Bowsiter.

Have a great bowhunt BB

11-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's how it looked after photoshop.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

11-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Before---

11-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
After---

25-Oct-07
WOW man you guys really made those pictures look a lot better, I never thought you could do that much. Going to have to work on some of mine, good job.

Can you give some more hints/tricks? Like how you made the picture brighter etc.

26-Oct-07
Nice work BB. You're correct in what you said about taking a little extra time in the field. I second that.

Now on a humorous note, maybe you could "photoshop" about 3 arrows back into the quiver on the goat picture? That might eliminate some of the blood too?

26-Oct-07
Amazing work, BB. I know Photoshop well and am very impressed.

26-Oct-07
That's good to know I have would spent a lot time cleaning in the field, I gotta get an editing program.

26-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
No matter what editing program you have, or how good you become with it, the best advise I could give anyone that really likes and wants good pictures, is to take some time in the field and make the animal as presentable as possible. Remove as much blood as possible, get rid of the tongue, try to keep the mouth closed or nearly closed, remove weeds, grass, brush and branches that are in the face and front part of the animal and that are between the lens and the subjects. If one will do that, it makes your pictures much better and the editor can then enhance them so they look very pleasing. If you don't, or won't, take the time, to do the prep, or in the cases where you just don't have the time, then you will end up with less than quality photos. That’s the price one pays for being in a hurry, be it not done on purpose or be it forced upon you by circumstances.

I use a cheap version of Photo Shop and what little I have learned I have learned by doing. So if I can do it, I know anyone out there can do it, especially if you would take a class or are willing to read rather than do the trial and error method as I have. Since I was a young kid I have had a learning disability and learn best by just doing it. I just hate reading and it's been a life long curse.

Don, making a picture brighter is probably one of the easiest things to do. Most programs have a lightening option and merely with the click of the mouse you can lighten them. I am sure there are a lot of guys who visit the Bowsite who are much better at this than I am, and who know the proper ways to do what I probably do through the back door.

I have quite a few people send me pictures to do, as I quite enjoy the challenge of make a picture look presentable. I do not however like to change the photo so much that it doesn't even look like the same picture, and many times one has to do that to make it look decent. Like I said, that is no fun and can be avoided if one will just take a small bit of time and do the prep work I mentioned above.

Here's a picture, a Bowsiter sent me today, that I did for him of his antelope.

26-Oct-07
let's see the after shot of the antelope. looks like OJ got a hold of it in an alley somewhere.

26-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And here's how it looks fixed up a bit.

Remember, take the time and do a few minutes work before you take your photos, as in the end, it takes much less time to do it right than it does to try and fix it and you will end up with a better product in the end.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

26-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's the same photo lightened quite a bit. There's pretty much no end to what one can do with lighting. Like I said that's the easy part.

26-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Black and white.

Some photos will suprise you how great they look in black and white. Sometimes a so and so colored photo becomes outstanding in b&w.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

26-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's an example of which I speak.

Above are three friends with a 2007 Utah muley. The photo above is un edited. That's just the way it looked when it came out of the camera.

Notice, we cleaned up the area a bit. We tried to remove all the grass etc. that would be in the way (and there was plenty), we cut out the deer's tongue and tried to clean up most of the bad blood. Although there was a small amount of blood on off side front leg, I didn't worry about that and won't in editing as its pretty subtle.

I will now edit the photo and show you how it looks when I edit it. (My next Post)

26-Oct-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And here's the edited photo and a list of what I did.

I took the red and flash out of the guys and the deer's eyes.

I lightened the photo a bit.

There was a bright piece of grass near the deers front leg that I thought detracted from the photo, so I cloned a bit of grass in its place.

I took off the eye glass glare a bit from Gary's glasses in his right lens.

I cropped the photo for a 4x6 print.

It took me less time to edit the photo than to write this post. That is not the case if you don't do the prep work first.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

PS It's much easier to take a good photo than fix a bad one. And the end result is much better.

This happened to be one of the poorer photos we took that evening, but once you do the orginal set up and prep, it goes to work for you on every photo you take.

26-Oct-07

SERBIANSHARK's embedded Photo
now you see it....

26-Oct-07

now you don't...lol

serb

28-Oct-07
Serb-You are good.

03-Nov-07
Now put a white tail under those antlers.

05-Nov-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Don't forget that the best way to remove blood, brush, and grass and clean up the animal is in the field. If one takes the few minutes it takes to do that, he can walk away with some great photo's. Otherwise you have to do it with a program which is never as good.

Here's an example to which I speak.

05-Nov-07

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's one after the clean up.

Take some great pictures and have a great bowhunt. BB

31-Mar-08
BB, thanks always love your photo advice, guys like you and others make me always strive to take better pictures.

On the first muley picture you posted was the flash used at all? I know I've gotten to where I pretty much always use the flash just in case.

25-May-08
Those are so amazing changes what progam did you use?

• Sitka Gear