Horn Donkey 06-Nov-07
Sad Daddy 06-Nov-07
FlatLndr 06-Nov-07
Spike Bull 06-Nov-07
bruce 06-Nov-07
vic 06-Nov-07
bearhunter 10-Nov-07
04-Nov-07
My trophy room is framed and sided.I need the rough electrical checked then I can insulate and side the inside. Any pictures of siding ideas? I was leaning towards log.

04-Nov-07
log looks great. I've seen some that were partly log and part stone with a big fireplace and cushy comfy chairs, which was really rich and homey.

04-Nov-07
pine carsiding is as easy as you can get for that cabin look.

04-Nov-07
Rough cut cedar

04-Nov-07
I have 6" pine tongue in grove stained with walnut stain. The planks run horizonal. I have this on two of the four walls. We have a new house under construction and we will be putting the wood only on the back wall with the stone fire place. If I can find the picture file I'll post a pictures later. DD

04-Nov-07
My favorite is weathered barnwood. It's not easy to find but if you go for a drive out in the country, eventually you'll come across an old barn that's all but fallen down. You may be able to talk the owner into letting you have the barnwood if you're willing to do the disassembly and haul it off yourself. You'll be ridding them of an eyesore and gain yourself some mighty fine paneling!

-Cheryl

04-Nov-07

mdjunior's embedded Photo
mdjunior's embedded Photo
You want interior pictures? Heres 1x6 t&g stained with puritain pine minwax stain

05-Nov-07
go to your local lumberyard the bigger the better and ask them if they have any old pine 1by6 that are weathered they will usually have a pile of ones that are bowed and notty that look like old barn wood that they will part with cheap or free

05-Nov-07
I used tongue and groove "D" boards for the walls and 6" tongue and groove flat pine boards for the ceiling. It gives the room the appearance of being done in logs, but it is much less expensive, and easier to complete. Very few projects that I have attempted have turned out any better than my game room.

I also installed a zero weight fieldstone fireplace that burns natural gas....another decision that I am quite pleased with.....

06-Nov-07

bearhunter's embedded Photo
I did mine in 4 inch tongue and grove knotty pine. Also did the ceiling . Did one wall on a 45 degree angle .

06-Nov-07
Here is another.

06-Nov-07

Try that again

06-Nov-07
Bearhunter--That's the smallest Kudu I've ever seen! 8^)

What a beautiful room!

06-Nov-07

Sad Daddy's embedded Photo
Sad Daddy's embedded Photo
I have walnut posts and beams in my living room, so I used v-groove walnut on one of the walls where the fireplace is. I have 17 ft. celings so that makes it nice for trophy displays.

06-Nov-07
Wow Sad Daddy I like the walnut and the heads are cool too. Any pictures guys of log siding??

06-Nov-07
I love cedar at a 45 degree angle. Looks sharp over dry wall half way up with a chair rail. Very cheap to do.

06-Nov-07
poplar bark siding

06-Nov-07
Look at some beatle kill pine, the beatles leave a bluish purple marking in the wood, with light stain it is really attractive.

10-Nov-07
Horn Donkey

That small kudu is just to remind me that in about a year or so there will be a 50 inch kudu on my wall along with a few more trophies from my Africa trip this past summer.

• Sitka Gear