jaydog67 27-Aug-09
jaydog67 27-Aug-09
jaydog67 27-Aug-09
DENNISOMFS 27-Aug-09
Ken 27-Aug-09
jaydog67 28-Aug-09
irish bowhunter 04-Oct-09
25-Aug-09
got lucky this year ,after 15 years of draw apps .got selected if anybody has hunted here would love to see pictures and would appreciate any tips

25-Aug-09
I was drawn also for the October hunt. Were you drawn for the October or December hunt? I've hunted Chaparral several times for javelina and antlerless youth hunts with my kids. First deer hunt there for me.

25-Aug-09
i drew oct 12 thru 16 ,way stoked first hunt in south texas ,whats the campground set up like

25-Aug-09
i drew oct 12 thru 16 ,way stoked first hunt in south texas ,whats the campground set up like

25-Aug-09
There are 2 campgrounds about a mile down the road from headquarters. One is for campers with generators and the other is for the rest of us. There is a restroom with showers in the middle of the campground and most campsites have a covered picnic table and a fire ring. There is also a covered area with stainless steel sinks and countertops you can use for processing animals.

Headquarters has a walk-in cooler and an ice machine which is nice.

25-Aug-09

Ken's embedded Photo
Ken's embedded Photo
Chaparral WMA javelina

27-Aug-09
ken i dont use generator so ill be at the one for us nice havy is the place covered up with them ,do you hasve any pictures of the deer on the ranch i hear there are so good ones but all the stats im reading have low success rates

27-Aug-09
ken i dont use generator so ill be at the one for us nice havy is the place covered up with them ,do you hasve any pictures of the deer on the ranch i hear there are so good ones but all the stats im reading have low success rates

27-Aug-09

27-Aug-09
...remind me with a PM before you go down in oct as I will be next door...maybe we can get folks together for a meal or something....

27-Aug-09
I don't have any pictures of deer at Chaparral but I've seen some really nice ones. Last year's success rate was 39%. That's pretty high for a bowhunt with no baiting allowed.

DENNISOMFS, I'd buy you dinner just to hear your stories about hunting in Africa!

28-Aug-09
ill be bringing some steaks and will pm before departure

04-Oct-09
My son and I have also been drawn for oct 12-16.Hope to see all of you there.Leaving this next sunday.

• Sitka Gear