Proto 12-Oct-09
Proto 12-Oct-09
piton 13-Oct-09
SERBIANSHARK 13-Oct-09
C.J. 13-Oct-09
Tree Shark 13-Oct-09
pinbacked 13-Oct-09
11-Oct-09
looking for ideas to build a blind or tower stand to get a young one started all my stands are climbers ,have a spot were i could put up a permenant stand thought it would be a good project to get him involved with

11-Oct-09

11-Oct-09

White Falcon's embedded Photo

11-Oct-09

11-Oct-09
in 06 I was testing out the lift

Photobucket

11-Oct-09
Photobucket

11-Oct-09
Photobucket

11-Oct-09

BOBSTER's embedded Photo
BOBSTER's embedded Photo
Here is mine made out of cedar fence. Bob

12-Oct-09

SERBIANSHARK's embedded Photo
Some of you guys need to stay FAR away from construction....or even hammers for that matter...lol

12-Oct-09

12-Oct-09

HeadHunter®........ 's embedded Photo
HeadHunter®........ 's embedded Photo
Here is one I built for my wife. 8' x 8' x 8' tall....8' off the ground with 2 shooting windows each side. Heater inside if needed and fold down table/cot. She has phots on the walls and camo curtains too.....built by a narrow funnel between 2 fields....All treated wood outside and we call it 'the condo'! ($2,400 in material)

12-Oct-09

If you own the land, and are going to build them.....I say ...build them right, and build them for comfort.

LASTING WELL BUILT STRUCTURE

INSULATION/SOUNDPROOFING

12-Oct-09

THEN YOU COULD HUNT LIKE THIS...LOL

12-Oct-09

i'M BUILD TWO MORE THIS COMING SPRING. Gun hunting is cold you know...lol

12-Oct-09

Gunny's embedded Photo
Gunny's embedded Photo

12-Oct-09
Some of those are pretty impressive. I was wondering though, what ever happened to enjoying the great OUTdoor experience of hunting? Just a thought, to each there own.

12-Oct-09
"I was wondering though, what ever happened to enjoying the great OUTdoor experience of hunting?"

I do that too for 80 straight days prior to the gun season, or when the weather turns to absolute shite.

I also have 20 or so ladderstands and a few hang ons too.

Is that woodsie enough for ya?

12-Oct-09
serb, have you had any issues with squirrels making your blinds their homes? we had insulation exposed like you do on the bottom, and them damn tree rats made themselves at home in there

12-Oct-09
I didn't leave the bottom exposed. I sheeted it.

12-Oct-09
Dam serb, that's a lot of hunting days, I'm seriously jealous! I guess I could cut you some slack.

In looking at your tree line in the background it looks like a tree farm, is that so?

12-Oct-09

Meat Grinder's embedded Photo
My buddy's shootin's house, overlooking a food plot.

12-Oct-09

Another view.

12-Oct-09
Piton, mine has yet to be hunted out of. I made it for my daughter, but didn't get it completed in time. She hunted out of a ladder stand in the morning, then a pop up blind in the afternoon when she shot her deer. I hope the popup blind doesn't mean she wasn't outdoors enough for you. I have never hunted out of a blind like this yet. I may though, your comment kinda irritates me. Not sure why but it does.

12-Oct-09
Industrial shelving---we call it "The Home Depot Stand.." Gun hunt the top with kids, bow hunt under it in the fall. Got the material for free.

12-Oct-09

Kurt in Memphis's embedded Photo

12-Oct-09

12-Oct-09
Antelope Blind

12-Oct-09

Proto's embedded Photo
Proto's embedded Photo
Photo did not load

13-Oct-09
SERBIANSHARK's response to me is a great example as to way one should not be too quick to judge another. The intention of my post was in part a question, observation and sarcasm/jest.

Even if someone hunted only out of these blinds/mini houses and it was their idea of connecting with nature and it enriched their lives than that would be great. I'm not passing any negative judgment.

13-Oct-09

Piton....I'm not mad...I just wanted you to know how much i get to hunt. I usually put between 400-500 hours on stand per year for the last 27 years!!! I keep logs. Our season in wisconsin is very long for bow...like a hundred days, and the guns are antoer 20 days of so including ML.

I have 400+ acres, and it's managed for shooting only p&y or better deer...so hunting is kinda fun here.

I built the "condo" for my dad...he's 72. He doesn't like to go far for his legs get tired, so i put that blind in a 3 acre section of norway (red) pines i have near my office (my office is on the property...makes for easy hunts out the office door in the mornings...and eves..lol)

I do have a lot of big game and remington ladderstands all over the 400 acres. I also have some lone wolf strap ons on some trees that won't work for a ladderstand (like knarley oaks). We also have 4 lonee wolf sit and climbs at the office for people who want to try different places, that don't have stands already there.

Me and nature are far from being distant. Now you know. And like i said...we're cool. You didn't know.

13-Oct-09

C.J.'s embedded Photo
C.J.'s embedded Photo
8 sided windows all around. It works.

13-Oct-09
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/1410250040.html My dad and I just made a bow blind out of one of these crates. They are about 7x7x5 and are made in panels and clip together with metal clips. We put metal on the roof, cut a door and a window, applied paint and set it up. I failed to take a picture of the finished product but will later. $100 for the box and another $120 for metal etc.

13-Oct-09
kurt in memphis ,nice use of speed racks. I might have to try that my self , got a few racks laying around.

• Sitka Gear