Bowsite.com Logo

Kill Area of Black Bear?

By: forrest-hunter
Posted: 12-Jun-10

How big is the kill zone on a average black bear?

By: hoytshooter
Posted: 12-Jun-10

hoytshooter's embedded Photo

woody ill save you the trouble of posting this again i just sent it to my father. Forrest hunter this is the picture you want..

By: forrest-hunter
Posted: 13-Jun-10

Thanks- looks like bear has a lot larger kill zone-large 18" serving plate compared to a regular 12" plate on deer.

By: Bou'bound

the kill area on an average black bear is not 18" around. there is less to a bear than meets the eye.

By: hunterx

The kill zone on a bear is not much bigger but sits farther back. A shot in the middle of a deer is guts, maybe liver if really lucky, and on a bear will still get you a double lung.

By: guidermd

if you shoot him over the hip your kill zone is about the size of a trash can cover. if that's not big enough, its time for more prctice.

By: Manitoba Bohuntr

PLEASE...somebody stop the OTH insanity!!! Great shot though if you can find a boneless bear!

By: Woody Sanford
Posted: 14-Jun-10

OTH ain't my cup of tea either.

By: TOP PIN

OTH is not a very ethical shot to take....and I would like to hear more on the "trash can lid" theory mentioned above??

By: Woody Sanford

I don't know if I would use the term "Ethical" its just tight to the spine, thats why I personally pass on it.

By: Shug

if you shoot him over the hip your kill zone is about the size of a trash can cover

Wrong.........

End of Topic
Bowsite.com Logo