BB 01-Aug-11
BB 01-Aug-11
BB 01-Aug-11
BB 01-Aug-11
BB 01-Aug-11
30-Jul-11
I am looking at hunters that build home made blinds see pic

30-Jul-11
What do hunters that build homemade blinds look like?

30-Jul-11
I think these guys just look like regular hunters.

30-Jul-11
creepy, unless Cody is a lady ;)

31-Jul-11
Quite a few years back I passed up many bucks trying to take nice one, but half way through the bow season it rained, and poured and water was everywhere and my blinds became useless so I waited for it quit raining but it never did and the whole season passed by, so I ran up to the area and I sat high on the hill (the hill you see behind this blind) and glassed and glassed until I saw antelope, by the score going into this one area. They would head that way then disappear and in 10 or so minutes reappear heading back in the direction from which they came.

So I knew there was a waterhole there and went down to find it. When I got there this is what I found.

31-Jul-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

31-Jul-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I had a pop up blind with me, but knew the antelope were used to this blind as it has been there for several years.

The Wyoming winds had filled the bottom of blind level with the ground, so I sat inside the blind and shoveled dirt between the scores of antelope that were watering there. It took me from about 11am to 5 pm before I hade removed enough dirt for foot and bow room. I just shoveld most of the dirt out the side of the blind and out the new shooting hole I made. When antelope came in, I just waited until they left and then kept working on the old blind.

Here's how it looked as I shoveled dirt out the fron shooting hole.

31-Jul-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Not long after I finished getting enough shooting room I arrowed this buck and he died less than 30 yards from the blind.

So homemade blinds do work.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

01-Aug-11

moon's embedded Photo
moon's embedded Photo
I used cattle panels and bent them into a bale shape on 4x4's. Both ends were tapered for skids

01-Aug-11

moon's embedded Photo
moon's embedded Photo
Covered it with heavy plastic.

01-Aug-11

moon's embedded Photo
moon's embedded Photo
I then sandwiched hay between the plastic and a top layer of chicken wire.. I can pull it all over the field with my 4 wheeler

01-Aug-11

Tracy's embedded Photo
Tracy's embedded Photo

01-Aug-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Moon, that is a nice blind and I bet it works great for crop lands.

Here's the very first hard blind I ever built. We have probably taken more critter from this blind than any blind I ever built, but it was in existence for many years. It was ugly and crude, but it worked!

01-Aug-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Learning to build blinds was a process. Here's the next hard blind I ever built. It was much better than the first, but still left a lot to be desired. I still use it till this day, but I have done some remodels on it.

01-Aug-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
This blind was next in order, using what I had learned, but learning there was still a lot to be desired. This blind has ben remideled too since this photo. This is the blind in which a number of antelope have been taken, including Donvathome on our Bowsite hunt last year. But this photo was before the remodel and at another location.

01-Aug-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Putting all the stuff I had learned together, here's the best blind I ever built up to that point. It's the blind from which Turk took his antelope last year. For such a young blind it already has 4 kills of which I know and I suspect more as other use it when we arent there.

01-Aug-11

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And this is the blind I built this year using all the stuff I learned. It it is by far the best blind I ever built and I put the plan here on the Bowsite for those that want to build one.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

• Sitka Gear