Leadspreader 23-Jan-12
HeadHunter® 24-Jan-12
Tigereye 24-Jan-12
gflight 24-Jan-12
23-Jan-12

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

23-Jan-12
Bet it jumps the ?????? (string equivalent)

Terry

23-Jan-12
I waxed every thing to make it quiet.

23-Jan-12
Almost had him but he jumped the spring! Will that Coyote65?

23-Jan-12
That looks to be one of the older traps with hatchet springs, you may need to get one of the single springs or the new spring and a half traps.

23-Jan-12
Too many moving parts on that mechanical.....

23-Jan-12
Its like throwing an ax through an animal!

24-Jan-12
show the 'streets' after the Obama gun ban......

24-Jan-12
Is that a high fence in the background?

Isn't that hunting over bait

Let em grow.

Damned mechanicals

24-Jan-12
The early bird may get the worm, but The SECOND buck gets the corn/apples..........

I prefer to use giant glue traps as the mouse trap type spring released bar will sometimes break tines off the horns....

Well to be honest, I don't catch a lot of deer with the glue, but I don't think it is a deficiency with the trap. I believe it is because first the trap attracts a lot of squirrels, which get stuck and make a real chatter trying to get out, which attracts hungry feral cats, who in turn get stuck, and make such a racket that every dog and coyote in the county coming running in to investigate. It's too big of mess to try to free them so the best I can do is ease their passing. (Trust me, you don't want to get yourself glued to a feral cat and a coyote at the same time.)

After two or three days here in the hot Missouri sun, that trap smells of carnage and decay, which leads to the accumulation of large flocks of crows and even some turkey buzzards. The constant ruckus they put on is more than enough to scare the deer away....and soon there is not enough space for a deer to get caught even he did come for the corn/apples.

I keep thinking that if I should ever get rid of all these unintended pests that the deer would be free to come in for the corn but so far it has been very expensive and frustrating, Do you know how much a half ton of epoxy costs?

• Sitka Gear