BB 24-Feb-12
Mark Watkins 24-Feb-12
Brotsky 24-Feb-12
ORARCHER 24-Feb-12
city hunter 24-Feb-12
hoytmanmt 25-Feb-12
BB 26-Feb-12
23-Feb-12
It's really not my thing to go take photos of near tame critters, but lots of people in Salt Lake are talking about this buck and a friend of mine wanted a decent photo of it (better than an phone photo) so I went up today and took a few photos for him.

I thought some of you guys might enjoy seeing a what a decent buck looks like in the cemetery.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a great bow hunt. BB

23-Feb-12
BB,

I go by this cemetery on my way to work every day! I hope someone doesn't poach him or he gets hit by a car!

23-Feb-12
Great pics BB. He looks real thin and gaunt in the hips and spine. Any idea on his age?

23-Feb-12
Unique! awesome buck

24-Feb-12
BB

You take fantastic photos

24-Feb-12
BB must ask what camera lens? Great work !

24-Feb-12
Those photos were take with my Olympus E-5 camera and my Zukio 90-250 lens. But the camera and lens is a 4/3 system. In essence the lens is the same as a 180-500mm.

He does look gaunt to me too. I don't have a clue on his age, but I don't think he is a particularly old buck.

Heres a couple more photos of him. In one you can see his teeth and they don't really look worn that much like they do in old bucks. And you can also notice the make up of the his right antler. He has what looks like to be two separate bases on his right antler (left side in the photo). Any way its a pretty gnarly antler and base.

On another site a guy mentioned he just picked up one of his sheds. If that's the case, he had to get it after 3:30 pm yesterday as that's about the time I left and he was still wearing it.

And here's a photo of a three point that was with him. Could it be his son? HIs brows sure look like it might be.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a great bow hunt.. BB

24-Feb-12
Here's a little better close up of his teeth.

Photobucket

Have a great bow hunt. BB

24-Feb-12
Great work Bill!!!

24-Feb-12
Awesome pictures BB! He doesn't look like a particularly healthy deer to me. Any CWD or anything around there that he could have picked up? Was he acting funny at all?

24-Feb-12
Lord when I die please let a buck like that hang around my resting place.

24-Feb-12
Bill great pics ,

He dont look healthy thats funny ,, look at that rack on his head ,, lots of health there !

I bet that buck is a ladies man ! up all night chasing the girls . Who has time to eat ,,,

25-Feb-12
Wow nice pics that's a nice buck.

26-Feb-12
There are rumors that he dropped his antlers but I talked with a friend who saw him as recently as late Friday and he still had both at that time, but we know it will happen very soon if in fact it hasn't.l

Here's a black and white of him for those that like b/w.

Photobucket

If one looks very close, you can make out two other deer behind him.

Have a good Bowhunt. BB

• Sitka Gear