jack b (MI) 10-Jul-12
jack b (MI) 10-Jul-12
jack b (MI) 17-Jul-12
Shuteye 17-Jul-12
jack b (MI) 19-Jul-12
27-Jun-12
I shed a tear for America.

27-Jun-12
Geeze just when i though Islam was a "tolerant" religion!!

27-Jun-12
Where is Walt Kowalski when you need him?

27-Jun-12
the blaze has an extensive excerpt worth watching. Ask yourselves, if that was Christian festival, would a group of Muslims holding pro-Islam signs be attacked?

This is the sort of video that a) hands the city a lawsuit and b) provides justification to have future permits denied.

27-Jun-12
Wow... talk about a target-rich environment! You would need to bring a Radio-Flyer just for the extra mags.

27-Jun-12
Let me see if I've got this straight. The chief of police has his snout in the union feed trough. So he alternately has said snout up the democratic party's rump in order to keep the trough filled. The democratic party has a special fondness for muslims because they vote democratic. So the word comes down from the top that cops will carry water for the muslims by harassing Christians. Did I miss anything?

27-Jun-12
Hard to believe this is in America. I can guarantee you this would not have happened when I was growing up. The average citizen was very patriotic, unlike today. we said the pledge, prayed and celebrated Christmas, in school. We even sang the Lord's Prayer at school functions.

27-Jun-12

jack b (MI)'s embedded Photo

jack b (MI)'s Link
I saw her standing there and I told her she had three beautiful children. My mistake. She didn't have to get all pissed off and threaten me with a bomb. It was an honest mistake.... (Thanks, Kevin)

Dearbornistan has the highest concentration of Muslims in the US...

It is far easier to get a visa to enter Canada than the US and the border between Canada and the US through Windsor, Ont. makes it easy for Islamic relatives to come across legally fron CA to Detroit to visit friends and family. Far too often, they remain as (here's that dreaded racist term) illegal immigrants. Not only that, it is a wide practice for pregnant Muslim women to come and drop an anchor baby.

Because of US policy that promotes balkanization, they have take over communities such as Dearborn and Hamtrammik (a city within the city of Detroit). Dearbornistan has become completely controlled by Muslims such that the superintendent of the school system is a Muslim and has implemented Islam within the taxpayer public schools. All meals served are halal...whether a student is Muslim or not. Gym classes and swimming are segregated. They had a separate all girl prom because so many complained that a boy/girl dance was against their religion. Last fall football practice was scheduled around ramadam fasting for all of the football team...muzzie or not...with practice after midnight.

Dearborn, home of auto magnate Henry Ford, was a beautiful American city...now it is a pustule of Islamic corruption.

Dearbornistan is a hot spot of Islamist support, where non-Muslims are targeted for scams, false auto repairs, and fraud. Monies have been documented as coming directly from the city to known terrorist organizations.

Debbie Schlussel has written much on her blog of local Islamist activity. Interesting lady in that as a blonde Jewish lawyer, she speaks the language and has infiltrated into their mosques and revealed the anti-American hatred that is preached by their immams. (I don't always agree with Debbie and her POV, but she is a far more reliable source than the media or apologist politicians.

But as Obama and the progs would have us believe...Islam is a religion of peace. And to criticize is to be racist and an Islamophobe. They really are tolerant...if we are willing to submit to their demands.

Follow the news (see link)and see that what the video shows in Dearbornistan is kit and kin for how Islam is practiced on a world wide basis. The bigger their footprint becomes in this country, the more we will see the kind of tolerance demonstrated elsewhere byt the religion of perpetual outrage.

Hump Mo, the camel loving goat p*rking pedophile prophet of pieces...and his followers.

27-Jun-12
I love free speech and the cops should have done something, but...

Free speech comes with responsibility IMO. I never believed the whackos protesting at Military funerals was the type of free speech our Constitution intended to protect. I also have to believe a little Common Sense would go a long way. Why not hold a "christian" festival and see if the police respond accordingly instead of going to this festival?

Honestly, were these Christians going to spread the word of Christ, or going to agitate? Many Catholics would not be humored by the "Virgin Mary" comment.

Again, I respect responsible free speech. Turn the table on them, hold your own festival, get outside news coverage, and organize at the polls.

There is no excuse for the violence perpetrated though, and those responsible should be arrested. Maybe if they had worn hunter orange this would not have happened:)

27-Jun-12
Habitat:Honestly, were these Christians going to spread the word of Christ, or going to agitate? Many Catholics would not be humored by the "Virgin Mary" comment

this country has a constitution and within that constitution freedom of speach is addressed/ No-where is motivation of speach or intent of speach addressed within it. You do not know and I do not know what intent the Christians had in going there/ Their motivation evidently did not include engaging the Muslims as they were being engaged. Millions of Americans have fought and thousands of them have died and shed their blood so that those Christians and those Muslims could both express , legally , their thoughts/ Throwing bottles and bricks and chunks of concrete and then having the police back up the people actually breaking the law and assaulting physically those that were availing themselves of their constitutional rights , legally. Is a shame upon Dearborn and should be considered a hate crime by our justice system.

God bless you all, Steve

27-Jun-12
The courts have continually addressed free speech issues Steve, such as hate speech which is not protected nor is mentioned in our Great Document.

I lived near Dearborn. The realities of what has been going on there have been well publicized. Reasonably intelligent people should have expected the reaction they received, certainly after being pelted for 20 minutes. Yes, the police were wrong for ignoring it. Sue them! Get more publicity.

We complain about our education system, yet we fail to take the opportunity to demonstrate how to act cordially on an individual level. I am a Christian. I do NOT believe this is how Christians behave. Definitely work as missionaries, establish friendships and hopefully convert. I did not see any motivations close to that in their behavior. We've all heard "don't poke the bear", they seemed to ignore that Common Sense IMO.

Again, what is going on there needs to be challenged. This just wasn't an approach that worked well IMO. I think we'll end up agreeing to disagree Steve. Thank you!

27-Jun-12

jack b (MI)'s Link
Creeping sharia...coming soon to a xxxxx near you.

27-Jun-12
no big deal, possibly just the start of desensitizing us to "justified" be-headings on our own soil

just remember infidels, "don't poke the bear"

27-Jun-12

27-Jun-12
Anybody want to take a road trip to Michigan this summer, stand on a street corner with a sign that says "I am a Christian" and become a STAR !!!

Where the hell are the citizens of Michigan in all of this !!!

27-Jun-12
Unfortunately, Stump has stated the only actual solution to the problem. It is totally unpleasant to even think about what that means.

28-Jun-12
islam should be outlawed as it's an death cult.

28-Jun-12
A garden sprayer with some 89 octane would change their mind pretty quick. One little spark..POOF...those little Muslim kids, they blow up so fast these days!!

28-Jun-12
Questioning the motives of the Christians completely misses the point. I am sure they were there to prove a point because they predicated their involvement on the unlawful ousting of peaceful evangelicals the prior year. But prove a point they did. In spades.

Simply put, this should not be news because they should have been able to stroll through the festival without incident other than, perhaps, a few exasperated groans. That they could not without sparking a riot is revealing about Islam and its open hostility toward our founding faith and constitution.

28-Jun-12

jack b (MI)'s Link
Temporary good news: the Muzzies will no longer be able to drink Coca-Cola or Pepsi. Research has shown that these beverages contain .001% (.00001 part per 100) alcohol.

The religion of perpetual outrage has no tolerance for anything non-Mo-dictated according to the Koran...expect both soft drink manufacturers to submit to the demands of Islam in the very near future to change their formulas and make sure their products are halal.

Gay Oreos...halal softdrinks. Welcome to America's death knell.

28-Jun-12
Solo, That image is lens flare. Cool thought but nothing supernatural.

28-Jun-12
"The Lord punishes nations through the removal of his hand of protection upon them. Therefore, as the once "great old USA" has turned its back on Him, we will have wars, invasion (illegal aliens and LEGAL immigration that welcomes Islamic fundamentalists) as well as rulers/ leaders who are corrupt and wicked (trying to find a credible politician in this country is like trying to catch the wind in your hand)."

The election of obama should have been a notice to every Christian in America that our safety does not come from Washington.

29-Jun-12

BowSniper's Link
Phantom image (4th Horseman in Cairo) explained here.

29-Jun-12

jack b (MI)'s Link
WAA...WAA...WAA

Leading spokes-group for the ROPER religion, CAIR is upset because SEALS treat war as war and not social engineering...(Weasels Zippers)

CAIR Outraged Navy SEAL Training Range Has Target Depicting Muslim Woman With A Weapon…

Why wouldn’t they considering all the terrorists they’ve been taking out are Muslim?

Why wouldn’t they considering all the terrorists they’ve been taking out are Muslim?

(Virginian-Pilot) — The Council on American-Islamic Relations is asking the Pentagon to remove a target depicting a Muslim woman from a new SEAL training range in Virginia Beach.

A photo of the cardboard target, which shows a woman in a head scarf holding a pistol, ran in The Virginian-Pilot on Tuesday. The image shows verses of the Koran hanging on the wall behind the woman, which also generated criticism from the group.

Nihad Awad, executive director of the Washington-based council, said in the letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta that the target “is offensive and sends a negative and counterproductive message to trainees and to the Muslim-majority nations to which they may be deployed.”

Naval Special Warfare Group Two, which oversees SEAL teams 2,4,8 and 10, dedicated the close quarters combat training range on Monday at Joint Expeditionary Base Fort Story.

The $11.5 million facility will be used by small groups of SEALs practicing enemy engagement at close range. The 26,500-square foot building contains 52 interconnected spaces, including mock-ups of markets, a hospital, schools, a bank, bus depot and two mosques.

Keep reading…

30-Jun-12
That's how people who talk for a living try to change the world with words and keyboards.

I've talked about "American Sniper", the auto-biography of Chis Kyle, a Navy SEAL sniper that has certainly made a name for himself in military-elite circles.

One of his first engagements was an Iraqi woman. He didn't want to shoot her, but she had a hand grendade in hand as the Marines he was overwatching were entering her villiage. He shot and killed her.

CAIR is bullsh!t. They bitch and moan about anything they see as somehow anti-muslim, but they have done NOTHING to address the Jihad or Muslim Brotherhood. They won't even speak out against the daily atrocities committed by their own - countless executions, beheadings, mutilation. What do they say - NADA.

Hell, I'd donate $100 to the SEALs, Rangers, Delta Force or any other American Special Forces group for targets depicing a veil-shrouded woman laden with explosives, holding an AK-47 and hiding behind her child. Because that is exactly what these guys are facing every day.

30-Jun-12

jack b (MI)'s Link
The TBVIECian Regime has submitted to Islam...again.

The Second Revolution cannot come too soon:

Pentagon bows to Hamas-linked CAIR, removes image of female Muslim jihadist from target range Not allowed to fire back

Never mind that there are actual Muslim women with guns and Qur'ans ready to wage jihad against non-Muslims:

If we notice, that's "Islamophobia."

"SEAL training range won't show woman as target," by Kate Wiltrout for The Virginian-Pilot, June 30 (thanks to all who sent this in):

NORFOLK - The Navy will not use a target depicting a Muslim woman holding a gun at a new training range for SEALs in Virginia Beach.

The announcement came hours after the [Hamas-linked] Council on American-Islamic Relations asked the Pentagon to remove the target. A picture of the cardboard target, which shows a woman in a headscarf holding a pistol, was published in The Virginian-Pilot on Tuesday. The image shows verses of the Quran hanging on the wall behind the woman, which also generated criticism from the group.

Nihad Awad, executive director of the [Hamas-linked] Washington-based council, said in the letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta dated Friday that the target "is offensive and sends a negative and counterproductive message to trainees and to the Muslim-majority nations to which they may be deployed."

Panetta's press office did not respond to a request for comment. Late Friday, Lt. David Lloyd, a spokesman for Naval Special Warfare Group 2, said the materials in question would not be used on the close quarters combat training range, which was dedicated Monday at Joint Expeditionary Base Fort Story.

"We have removed this particular target and Arabic writing in question from the range in the near term, and will explore other options for future training," Lloyd said....

The 26,500-square-foot building contains 52 interconnected spaces, including mock-ups of markets, a hospital, schools, a bank, a bus depot and two mosques. It will allow small groups of SEALs to practice enemy engagement at close range....

I'm sure the mosques will be going soon as well.

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the [Hamas-linked] Islamic group, said it's important that military units not be trained to see Muslims as enemies, even if they are fighting in Afghanistan or other Muslim-majority nations.

"There are all kinds of people all over the world trying to do us harm. Why would you use this particular image in training people how to kill?" Hooper asked. "It creates the impression, we believe, in subtle and not-so-subtle ways, that you should view Muslim women in headscarves with hostility and suspicion."...

From now on, this image, approved by Hamas-linked CAIR, will be used as the target:

(For those who do not recognize this man, google Robert Spenser. jack)

02-Jul-12
Solo - so are you saying you believe it was a green ghost-horse cruising through the crowd, or an optical illusion on the video from reflected lights?

02-Jul-12
Solo - that story did pique my curiosity, as I do happen to believe in ghosts (has there even been a real ghost story thread?). I am just saying that this does not appear to be one of them. Doesn't seem to pass muster as believable... not even a little bit.

I don't see anyone saying it was a staged holographic event. If it was a holographic stunt and visible first hand, people on the street standing next to it would be reacting.

What the debunking explained was that you can see 3 white lights (that match the spacing of the streetlights) following the green image at a constant interval. Meaning all of the 'ghostly' images (white and green) are reflections of lights from the glass lens. I don't think the Revelation 6 horseman needs to travel with moving streetlights at his appearances! :-)

While it was "reported to have occurred during a live broadcast", the images were only seen on the video feed of the live event, not witnessed live per se. Reflections from the camera lens. That is why it was only seen on the television feed, and no one on the street viewed this spectacle first hand. No crowd reaction one might expect from a giant green floating horse.

There might be real biblical prophecies coming true on any given day. This just isn't one of them. And I just think giving it credibility takes away from any genuine events that might be occurring. Ya know?

Still like the vast majority of your other postings!

03-Jul-12
Buckiller,

Extremely well said. You have singled out the root of the problem, not focused on a symptom of the problem.

"If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." As you said, all God needs to do to judge a nation is lift His hand of blessing.

That being said, Ecclesiastes states "There is a time for everything under the sun... A time for war, A time for peace". I'm not saying that now is a time for war, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in my lifetime.

I grew up in Royal Oak and Troy very close to Dearborn. There was a mosque built a few miles from my house, and less than a mile from the Christian school I attended in highschool. I am thrilled to now be living in Montana. Away from all the filth that is Metro Detroit, not the least of which is the aforementioned belief system and it's radical followers. Can't remeber the last time I saw a burkha, unless it was a cowboy wearing a neckerchief! The west is still relatively untouched by the madness that is Islam. Don't think folks out here are to tolerable of those types. (Unless they're from California!)

10-Jul-12

jack b (MI)'s Link
H/T: Weasel Zippers (important related links at that site)

Wherever Islam rears its ugly head, there is a move to destroy/remove/denigrate all aspects of non-Muslim history, tradition and beliefs. From link:

"...Much of this hate for their own pre-Islamic heritage is tied to the fact that, traditionally, Muslims do not identify with this or that nation, culture, heritage, or language, but only with the Islamic nation—the Umma.

Accordingly, while many Egyptians—Muslims and non-Muslims alike—see themselves as Egyptians, Islamists have no national identity, identifying only with Islam’s “culture,” based on the “sunna” of the prophet and Islam’s language, Arabic. This sentiment was clearly reflected when the former Leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, Muhammad Akef, declared “the hell with Egypt,” indicating that the interests of his country are secondary to Islam’s.

ISLAM IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE MODERN 21ST CENTURY OR THE FOUNDATION UPON WHICH THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT

The article:

Salafi Clerics Call For Egypt’s Great Pyramids To Be Destroyed…

Not to be confused with previous calls for them to be covered in wax.

Via FPM:

According to several reports in the Arabic media, prominent Muslim clerics have begun to call for the demolition of Egypt’s Great Pyramids — or, in the words of Saudi Sheikh Ali bin Said al-Rabi‘i, those “symbols of paganism,” which Egypt’s Salafi party has long planned to cover with wax. Most recently, Bahrain’s “Sheikh of Sunni Sheikhs” and President of National Unity, Abd al-Latif al-Mahmoud, called on Egypt’s new president, Muhammad Morsi, to “destroy the Pyramids and accomplish what the Sahabi Amr bin al-As could not.”

This is a reference to the Muslim Prophet Muhammad’s companion, Amr bin al-As and his Arabian tribesmen, who invaded and conquered Egypt circa 641. Under al-As and subsequent Muslim rule, many Egyptian antiquities were destroyed as relics of infidelity. While most Western academics argue otherwise, according to early Muslim writers, the great Library of Alexandria itself — deemed a repository of pagan knowledge contradicting the Koran—was destroyed under bin al-As’s reign and in compliance with Caliph Omar’s command. [...]

Now, however, as Bahrain’s “Sheikh of Sheikhs” observes, and thanks to modern technology, the pyramids can be destroyed. The only question left is whether the Muslim Brotherhood president of Egypt is “pious” enough — if he is willing to complete the Islamization process that started under the hands of Egypt’s first Islamic conqueror.

Nor is such a course of action implausible. History is laden with examples of Muslims destroying their own pre-Islamic heritage — starting with Islam’s prophet Muhammad himself, who destroyed Arabia’s Ka‘ba temple, transforming it into a mosque.

Keep reading…(link)

Here's something to think about: far too many politicians and corporations have been seen to acquiesce to the demands of CAIR/Islamists in the US when it comes to "offending Muslims" be it 1A Free Speech or perceived insults to Islam by unintentional "desecrations" of the Koran. We have seen our legal system begin to tolerate sharia in this country. There has been little reporting and absolutely no outrage of Islamic honor killings that have occurred in this country.

Sharia creep.

Will there come a time where historical American sites will become targets of Islamic removal?

Think I may go to the book store today and put some bacon bookmarks in a few Korans ;o)

Hump Mo, the camel loving goat porking pedophile prophet of Islime.

10-Jul-12
Eat the bacon and use an old football, cut in strips, for bookmarks.

10-Jul-12

jack b (MI)'s Link

H/T: Weasel Zippers

Obama Admin Funded Study: Islamic Terrorists Are Misunderstood By The West, They Aren’t “An Aggressive Offensive Foe Seeking Domination And Conquest of Unbelievers”…

I’m sure this will come as quite a surprise to al-Qaeda.

Via Judicial Watch:

A new government study says Muslim terrorists are widely misunderstood and don’t wish to impose Islam around world as is commonly believed in the west, they simply murder innocent people to defend against foreign attacks by enemies of Islam.

At least that’s what the experts at a public university in Arizona have determined. They offer details and make rather comical recommendations to counter terrorism in a taxpayer-funded study released this week. The highly-regarded academics operate a special center dedicated to studying the role of communication in combating terrorism, promoting national security and successfully engaging in public diplomacy worldwide.

To fulfill this mission, the center gets big bucks from the U.S. government. In fact, earlier this year it got a rather generous $6.1 million grant from the Department of Defense (DOD) for a neurophysiological study involving narrative comprehension and persuasion. The center’s biggest project, however, is a six-year, $4.5 million study on Islamist extremists’ use of narrative to influence contested populations in the Middle East, Southwest Asia, North Africa and Europe.

That brings us back to this week’s rather sympathetic report (How Islamist Extremists Quote the Qur’an) portraying Muslim terrorists as misunderstood by westerners. It spans 14 pages, but here is the gist of it; based on how they quote religious texts (Quran), Islamic extremists are not “an aggressive offensive foe seeking domination and conquest of unbelievers, as is commonly assumed. Instead they deal with themes of victimization, dishonor and retribution.”

The report continues: “The verses frequently utilized by extremists” address subjects such as “enduring hardships and the importance of fighting against the unjust unbelievers who oppress men, women and children.” This shows close integration with the rhetorical vision of Islamist extremism, according to the brilliant academics that compiled this on the government’s dime

Keep reading…(link)

Reading the above waste of taxpayer money and having just finished my daily blogjog (which covers several sites dealing with IAP (Islam as practiced), think I need to go to Home Depot for some duct tape to keep my head from exploding...

10-Jul-12

jack b (MI)'s Link
Supplemental reading for those interested in IAP and Islamic "religious" text.

17-Jul-12
Alert for my fellow horse owners who have ROPO's living in the area:

Spain: Horse Destroys Muslim Illegal's Face After He Tries to Have Sex With It

The animal kingdom joins the Counterjihad.

A few weeks ago, in Almeria, on the Spanish coast just across from Africa, a North African illegal turned up for emergency treatment at Torrecárdenas hospital. Some of the bones of his face had been smashed in and he had suffered multiple hematomas.

Later it emerged that the Muslim had suffered these injuries while visiting a farm in El Ejido, intending to have sex with a horse there. But the horse had other ideas. It brutally kicked the lovelorn Muslim in the face. It seems the farmer had caught the same Muslim twice before sneaking into the farm to have sex with the animals ("mainly the horses") but hadn't bothered filing charges against him.

After receiving medical treatment, the police identified the Muslim as an illegal immigrant and he is now expected to be deported from the country. (Obama will probably welcome him with open arms. Jack)

Unfortunately, the article did not specify the sex of the desirable equine. The horse was not identified as either mare nor stallion.

Several imams have issued fatwahs against the horse...prancing around naked and enticing a good Muslim into (attempting to)sex with the beast. Authors cite several suras in the Koran about Mohammad and his love of horses making this a religious act.

17-Jul-12
I just hope they bring a stone to a gunfight.

19-Jul-12

Excuse this longish post, but there is a BIG connection between the muslim suicide bomber and Eric Holder.

First...the suicide bomber:

H/T: Debbie Schlussel

Mehdi Ghezali: Bulgaria Bus Bomber of Jews From Gitmo, Fake Mich Driver’s License No Coincidence

“...News reports are now confirming that the suicide bomber who murdered five people in yesterday’s bus bombing is Ghezali, a Swedish citizen of Algerian and Finnish descent, known as “Cuba-Swede.” He was a prisoner at Guantanamo Bay from 2002-2004, at which point he was released to freedom to kill more innocent people. An Al-Qaeda member, Ghezali was responsible for a prison uprising which killed 17 people, and yet President Bush chose to release him into the great abyss. Ghezali grew up in Sweden, committed crimes in Portugal (where he tried and failed to become a star soccer player), and was educated in mosques and Muslim schools in the West (in Great Britain) and, later, in Saudi Arabia. He was also caught trying to sneak into Afghanistan from Pakistan in 2009 after fighting with over 100 Al-Qaeda fighters in the Tora Bora Mountains, and yet he was released again. Oh, and when Ghezali was released by the Bush Administration, he was sent to Sweden, where the Swedish government–now quick to pander to that country’s growing population of Islamic immigrants–could have tried him for a number of war crimes and terrorist acts, and yet, they chose to let him live free. Now, we see the results. A bus full of people injured, a good number of them dead. Was this not predictable, given Ghezali’s history and the fact that before he came to Gitmo, Ghezali lived at the Jalalabad hideout of Millennium Bomber Ahmed Ressam, something we knew after we captured Ressam years earlier?

A number of people are pointing to the phony Michigan driver’s license that Ghezali had on him. And, make no mistake, Michigan was picked for a reason, as it has a high number of Shi’ite Muslims and it is Hezbollah central. Although Mehdi Ghazali was a Sunni Muslim, his bombing in Bulgaria, yesterday, is yet more evidence that Sunni Al-Qaeda operatives are doing Shi’ite Iran’s and Hezbollah’s work, something that the know-it-alls, who actually know nothing, seem to miss. Yesterday’s bombing was done on behalf of the Shi’ites of Iran and Hezbollah. And their most concentrated mass of supporters in America is in Dearbornistan and Dearbornistan Heights, Michigan. As I noted yesterday, not only was the Bulgaria bus bombing done on the 18th anniversary of the 1994 Iran/Hezbollah bombing of the AMIA Jewish community center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but the family of the man who did that bombing, Ibrahim Hussein Berro, live in Dearborn and proudly gave DNA to identify him. I would not be surprised if the reason that Ghezali had a fake Michigan driver’s license is that someone in Dearborn’s Shi’ite Muslim community made it for him and had the Michigan template easily available...”

Next (H/T: Doug Ross) the connection:

Was Eric Holder One of the Defense Lawyers Who Got Suicide Bomber Mehdi Ghezali Released From Gitmo?

Eric Holder, prior to assuming the position of attorney general, was a partner at the law firm of Covington and Burling. The firm is infamous for its pro bono defense of Al Qaeda terrorists caught on the battlefield:

Guantanamo Bay Detainees

• ...we are challenging the legality of our clients’ detentions in habeas proceedings in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.  Of the seven cases that have gone to merits hearings thus far, Covington has won four, lost two, and is awaiting a decision in one other.  Two prior clients were released without a hearing.
  • The firm has been involved in the Guantánamo related litigation for the last six years.  In addition to the on-going habeas corpus proceedings, our efforts have included: bringing cases for review of enemy combatant classification decisions...; ... filing amicus briefs and coordinating the amicus effort in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld...; filing amicus briefs in support of Supreme Court review in Moussaoui v. United States..., cert denied...; challenging the government’s practice of redacting information from documents given to security-cleared habeas counsel; and challenging the abusive medical and living conditions that the detainees experience at Guantánamo.

In fact, no less than nine attorneys in the Holder Justice Department have been involved with defending Islamist terrorists from prosecution.

And, as expected, it would appear that Israeli civilians have paid the ultimate price for this kind of treasonous madness.

According to a report by The Times of Israel, Bulgarian media named Mehdi Ghezali, a Swedish citizen and former detainee at Guantanamo Bay from 2002 to 2004, as the suicide bomber responsible for an attack in Burgas, Bulgaria, on Wednesday... On Wednesday, eight people were killed when a suicide bomber attacked a bus carrying Israeli tourists in Bulgaria. According to The Long War Journal, Mehdi Ghezali was arrested in Pakistan in December 2001. His lawyers claim he was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, The Weekly Standard reports.

Attorneys at Covington and Burley (and other firms at which current DOJ attorneys worked) are reported to have counseled prisoners at Gitmo to allege mental and/or physical abuse:

With a black baseball cap pulled tight over a mop of stringy long hair and a patchy, close-cropped beard, Mehdi-Muhammed Ghezali looked more like a Metallica roadie than a disciple of Ayman al-Zawahiri. He addressed the scrum of reporters in a clipped, heavily accented Swedish and accused the American government of wrongly detaining him for three years and "physically and mentally" torturing him. A book about his experiences was in the works; a documentary crew, cobbling together a film about American human rights abuses, had requested an audience; and his legal team was plotting a lawsuit against Donald Rumsfeld. It was 2004, and Ghezali was a free man. Sweden's The Local reports that documents released by WikiLeaks show Ghezali was held at Guantanamo to "give general and specific information of the cultural, religious and ethnic recruitment of foreign nationals participating in the Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia."

According to documents released by Wikileaks, Mehdi was considered an extremely dangerous character and "posed a threat to the United States, its interests, and its allies."

Consider this New York Post article from 26 February 2009:

ATTORNEY General Eric Holder toured Guantanamo Bay this week, a “fact finding” visit prompted by President Obama’s “close Gitmo” order... Holder’s previous job, after all, was as a senior partner with Covington and Burling – a white-shoe DC law firm that devotes considerable pro bono time to defending the Gitmo detainees. The job paid $2 million a year, and he expects to collect a like amount this year as part of his separation package. As a senior partner, he undoubtedly had significant input on what kind of charity cases his firm picked up. He surely knew that dozens of lawyers from from his firm were among the 500-plus civilian lawyers representing the 244 or so remaining detainees (on top of military-court-appointed defenders). Even now, his Covington colleagues continue to allege rampant torture at Gitmo. They’re fighting hard to have detainees tried through the US court system – essentially given the same rights as US citizens. And their arguments and plans hinge largely on having Holder issue a bad report card.

In part, thanks to the efforts of U.S. attorneys -- very likely including Eric Holder, his law firm, and/or other of his DOJ radicals -- Ghezali was released from Guantanamo and arrived in Sweden in 2004. My only question: how much more skulduggery will Eric Holder have to commit before the House leadership gathers the courage to impeach this disgraceful human being.

• Sitka Gear