Ojibwa 26-Sep-06
D2 26-Sep-06
Ojibwa 26-Sep-06
JayG 26-Sep-06
Pat C. 26-Sep-06
Redfingers 27-Sep-06
Lock 27-Sep-06
26-Sep-06
Well after watching all the news reports about the NO Super Dome being trashed and destroyed by late evacuees I ragged on this issue/them pretty hard for totaling the Super Dome and said it would never be used again.

I watched tonight's football game there at the Super Dome. NO whipped Atlanta's butt pretty good and it was clear the Super Dome was back in fine working order.

So how does one cook and eat crow......:)

26-Sep-06
Thumper,

Remove feathers and cut out the breast meat. Slice breat meat into 1/2" strips.

Whip two eggs and 1/2 cup of milk, and dredge strips of breast meat in egg and milk solution. Place breast meat in a brown paper bag with corn meal, salt, pepper, and shake till covered.

Fry 4 or 5 strips of bacon in a black skillet, remove bacon, and place breaded breast strips in hot bacon grease. Cook for three minutes.

Place fried breast strips on a large flour tortilla and put in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.

Remove tortilla from oven, scrap crow breasts into trash can, and eat the warm tortilla. :^)

26-Sep-06
Ata cost of what? 160 million dollars! Also understand the city is sueing every contractor that touched the superdome saying they did shody work cause it could not stand up to a cat 4 hurricane!

26-Sep-06
Keith I saw that but a lot of the damage was from the out of control evacuees and not the storm. I also remember they(NO) sued the gun manufacturers, probably in the first place why I rag on them so hard and did not want NO rebuilt with tax dollars.

But the Super Dome was not trashed beyond repair and why I need a better recipe for crow....:)

26-Sep-06
must...

resist....

26-Sep-06
Cook like you would doves. The breasts are more sizeable, of course. The meat is dark and tastes very much like mallard duck. Eating crow.... not bad at all if you've tried it. :)

26-Sep-06
Well done, Thumper!

I mean, that was well done by you, not that you should eat crow well done. That's probably a good idea, though - I bet they carry salmonella, and they're carrion birds and all....

26-Sep-06
Thumper,....I would guess eating crow would be a similar experience to eating a sewer rat. A foul fowl and a repugnant rodent. 8^)

26-Sep-06
Crow is only good as roadkill, and then as an appetizer to possum.

26-Sep-06
Crow is only good as roadkill, and then as an appetizer to possum.

Or Armadillo for you Texans

8^)

26-Sep-06
The Ojibwa people have several recipies for prpearing crow, a "contemporary" recipe being the baking of crow breasts in a bed of sauerkraut. The sauerkraut was good if you discarded the breasts.

Frankly, crows are carriers of many diseases, one being the West Nile Virous (WNV). Eating crow might be detrimental to your health. Studies of the West Nile Viruse and mosquitos in North Dakota, including avian studies, surmised: "Surprisingly, American crows had a high seroprevalence to WNV. Previous laboratory and field studies have indicated that most American crows die so quickly from WNV infection that they never have time to seroconvert." (A simple search on the web reveals there have been many studies arcoss North America.)

I personally would not eat crow. Of course, we Ojibwa historically have never had to "eat crow" for any other reason than sustenance during rare periods of famine, we being the perfect personification of intellecutal honesty and superb perception, always heuristically inclined to lead others. Unfortunately, lesser beings are not always inclinded to listen to our wisdom. Thus, many lesser beings must "eat crow" after they speak untruths, they being devoid of abilities to absord and follow Ojibwa wisdom. Mosr of these lesser beings are liberal politicians. It is a sad reality. ~:^)

Aloha and Aho,

Mike

26-Sep-06
LOL good'un Ojibwa!

26-Sep-06
Pardon the many typos. I keep forgetting to do an edit and a spell check. I guess I'm too extemporaneous and lazy--or experiencing major senility...err old age attentiveness. Sorry!

Mike

26-Sep-06
LMAO...OJIBWA, that was good!

26-Sep-06
Cleaned up a bit! I gotta put a sticker on my computer to remind me to spell check anything I draft. Next? Maybe a Grammatikker for syntax...whatever they are called? Pardon the practice! Moh bettah than a TTT, eh?

"The Ojibwa people have several recipes for preparing crow, a "contemporary" recipe being the baking of crow breasts in a bed of sauerkraut. The sauerkraut was good if you discarded the breasts.

Frankly, crows are carriers of many diseases, one being the West Nile Virus (WNV). Eating crow might be detrimental to your health. Studies of the West Nile Viruses and mosquitos in North Dakota, including avian studies, surmised: "Surprisingly, American crows had a high seroprevalence to WNV. Previous laboratory and field studies have indicated that most American crows die so quickly from WNV infection that they never have time to seroconvert." (A simple search on the web reveals there have been many studies across North America.)

I personally would not eat crow. Of course, we Ojibwa historically have never had to "eat crow" for any other reason than sustenance during rare periods of famine, we being the perfect personification of intellectual honesty and superb perception, always heuristically inclined to lead others. Unfortunately, lesser beings are not always inclined to listen to our wisdom. Thus, many lesser beings must "eat crow" after they speak untruths, they being devoid of abilities to absorb and follow Ojibwa wisdom. Most of these lesser beings are liberal politicians. It is a sad reality. ~:^) Aloha and Aho, Mike

26-Sep-06
Salt,, lots O salt.. That can dress up anything.. Maybe get a rattler or an iguana to make a complete meal for the family,, but lots o salt.. Jay

26-Sep-06
Thumper you were only going by what you herd in the LW media, You are there for not responsable for your comments. Pat C.

27-Sep-06
Just use the same recipe as the "Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie" recipe but substitute 2 crows for the two dozen blackbirds. And use salt... lots of salt.

27-Sep-06
I'll never eat Crow. Now, Black Feet or Cherokee, that's another story!

Sorry Ojibwa, it's late and I could not think of anything better....;)

• Sitka Gear