Hunter's Daddy 09-Dec-06
Schwammerl 10-Dec-06
Shootist 11-Dec-06
Bill in MI 11-Dec-06
straightshooter 12-Dec-06
Grant Williamson 18-Dec-06
Omnivarious 03-Jan-07
08-Dec-06
Most of my sons bowfishing has been from the bank or a canoe. I want totake the next step up. How big of a flat bottom boat for two guys on a platform. Also motor size for Missour river fishing. Thanks SS

08-Dec-06
I have a 16'8" tracker flat bottom, side console w/ a 50 HP 2 stroke merc that gets us where we need to go on the Missisippi.

Bill in MI

08-Dec-06
Id look at 18 ft G3 as it has 5ft floor in it....anything less is somewhat unstable with 2 guys moving around.....Buddy has 90 Yanmaha with jet pump on his....alot of us have small jet boats out here, and if I was getting one primarily for river bow fishing, this would be where Id start looking. R

08-Dec-06
The most important thing is to have a wide bottom boat. At least and 18' long and 5' bottom. No less than a 50 hp motor on the river

B.w.

08-Dec-06
Check out the Carolina Skiff. Tons of boat for the price. We have killed many carp out of ours. I use mine for all around fishing in the ocean, lakes and poling for carp. Since I use mine in the ocean I bought the 21ft for my family of five. It floats in inches of water and is easy to push with a pole. Check out the prices at edssuperstore and buy at Quimbys or chatlee. check out the owners group http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/general.msnw

09-Dec-06

Thumper's embedded Photo
Thumper's embedded Photo

Thumper's Link
Custom aluminum boats for fishing and work use. Sizes from 12 ft. to 30 ft.

BoatRight Marine

4403 FM 2351 Friendswood, TX 77546

The BoatRight Marine Texas Scooter was designed for the shallow water fisherman. These flat-bottom tunnel hull boats are built to give our customers many years of rugged use and require little maintenance.

Available in lengths from 15 to 22 ft., each hull is constructed of welded aluminum for strength and durability and features a block foam-filled, self-bailing deck that assures you of an unsinkable boat. There is no wood used in the construction of these boats.

We use only the finest materials and draw upon the time tested expertise of our staff and our customers to make the best boats on the water. There are many advantages to having a boat custom manufactured to your specifications. Please visit our accessories , fishing and work boat sections to see for yourself ! Also, feel free to give us a call or e-mail us with any questions.

Due to the uniqueness of each order we find it easier to give quotes over the phone.

Voice: #(281) 992-4554 Fax: #(281) 992-4113

09-Dec-06
Check out bowfishusa.com. Lots of great boats to look at and get ideas from. You'll find you can bowfish out of just about anything. I like 17feet at minimum 21 max. 60" to 72" wide works great too.

09-Dec-06
Dont go under a 16 wide trust me. I had a 16 and you have to got back and dump fish so you dont sink

09-Dec-06

Hunter's Daddy's Link
Here is one already set up and ready to go. It belongs to my brother (shootist) and he is on here quit often so if interested leave a post here or over at BowfishUSA.com

http://www.bowfishusa.com/community/index.php?topic=15844.0

10-Dec-06
The 17ft Carolina Skiff has a weight capacity of 1800 lbs. My 21ft has a capacity of 2700 lbs and floats in 3-6 inches of water. They used to advertise these boats with a video of them tooling around the harbor loaded with a VW Beetle.

11-Dec-06
There is also a thread on here a page back in the history. It has a pic of a boat I have for sale.

11-Dec-06
my 16'8" jon has a 54" beam. it is very stable. A 200 lb+ man can stand on the stern corners without getting into trouble.

Bill in MI

12-Dec-06
WOW, Thanks for all the replies. I'm now even more committed to getting one. SS

18-Dec-06
i do alote of bowfishing out of a 20 foot tracker we had 4 guys drillin em at ounce not crowded

03-Jan-07
Go wide. Long too, but go wide.

• Sitka Gear