BirdBoy 26-Jun-08
New York Bowman 26-Jun-08
Dan 26-Jun-08
Carolina Counsel 26-Jun-08
bghunter 26-Jun-08
Jax07 27-Jun-08
Boarhawg52 27-Jun-08
23-Jun-08
Congrats Matt, that is an awesome gator!!!

23-Jun-08
Way to go Matt!

I hope you guys enjoyed NW Florida!

23-Jun-08
Pat,

You took the words out of my mouth with your Jaws analogy!! Can't wait for tonights sequel!!

23-Jun-08
Good shootin Matt!! Cant wait to see the battle Pat's in for. I can see it now father & son matching boots & belts.

23-Jun-08
Way to go Matt. I only hope the old man can shoot as well as you!

23-Jun-08
Great job Matt! Tyler and I were counting on you.

23-Jun-08
matt that puts you in rare air. gator with a bow. great job.

23-Jun-08
Let me guess what happens. Pat leans over the edge of the boat and the gator lunges out of the water and almost bites his head off. Once again he dodges death by inches. LOL!

23-Jun-08
Nah.....there will be a water moccasin drop in to the boat from an over hanging tree limb....Jeff

23-Jun-08
Matt, that is awesome. Congrats on your gator. Pat, waiting on the rest of the story. Looks and sounds like your having a lot of fun. Bob

23-Jun-08
Matt's a real gamer!

Jumped right to work and taped that criiter's jaws shut.

Congrats to Father and Son !

23-Jun-08
Matt, way to go young man!!! That boy has hunt'n in his bones for sure :-)

23-Jun-08
Awesome job kiddo!You have a life time of this hunting stuff,enjoy It!

23-Jun-08
Good job Matt! I loved watching you tape the gators mouth shut!! Can I get some boots with Bowsite Logo engraved on them? See you soon!!

23-Jun-08
Sounds and looks like a lot of fun.

23-Jun-08
Congratulations Matt! You sure nailed him on that shot! That's one bowfishing trip that's going to be hard to beat. Make sure you fry up some of that gator tail. They sure are good eatin' and the one you took should be nice and tender. Have you made any plans for the hide yet?

-Cheryl

24-Jun-08
Congratulations Matt!!!

I wish I was there with you.

24-Jun-08
good thing bryan martin isn't running that gator hunt or it would be over based on the wounding policy. Good luck on night 2.

24-Jun-08
bou'

He would have shot that B&C gator with a rifle.Game Over!

I cant believe that gator tore that gator cord that stuff is heavy. My big gator rolled about 10 times and wrapped his fool self up in it we had a heck of a time getting him untangled.

Pat needs to speed these hunts up I check back every hour.(knowing he wont post until tomorrow)

24-Jun-08

Bou'bound's Link
when the attached link about a guy losing his arm in FL to a gator attack showed up on CNN i feared the worst for Pat.

25-Jun-08
Congratulations Matt, you will never forget this hunt. We killed a 7' 3" gator last year exactly like Matt's. One shot to the neck and game over.

Pat, I was watching you fighting the 1st big gator and yelled at my computer "Don't do that" when saw you wrap the line around your hand. I was thinking the gator isn't going to bite him, he is going to cut off all of his fingers. On my first hunt, our trapper told us that we could wrap the line something only if we didn't need it anymore.

Good Luck and I can't wait to see the fight in this big boy.

Brad

25-Jun-08
A W E S O M E !!!! Matt. Now if you can get your Dad to put down like you. LOL Mike

25-Jun-08
Why does Pat always hit the big one just before midnight? Good shootin' Matt, nailed him right in the neck! BTW, where is Patt Jr.? Jayen

25-Jun-08
The current issue of Bowhunter magazine I received today has a feature article by C.J. Winand that is very similar to Pat's hunt. It also features guides Tony, Tiger and Mike of TNT Gators and was filmed and apparently already broadcast by Spiratual Outdoors Adventures on the Sportsmans channel. The atrticle includes very similar happenings as Pat has described, even to the guides hurridly telling the client not to wrap the cord around his hand unless he wanted to lose it . Great Gator pictures included.

25-Jun-08
That was great. Did anyone else notice the set of gator eyes in the background when Pat was holding onto to his rope?

25-Jun-08
Very, very cool. Something I would like to try in the near future.

Butternut...I thought I saw another gator in the background too.

25-Jun-08
Congrats to the both of you!!

25-Jun-08
Congrats guys. Dad you are doing a fine job with them kids.

26-Jun-08
Pat and Matt,

Congratulations on those gators. That is awesome. Matt you did a great job filming your dad's gator. Way to go.

Jerry

26-Jun-08
P: "Did you not get the shot?" M: "Yeah, I got the shot. P: "Oh, good." M: "You mean on video?" P: "Yeah." M: "Of COURSE I did!"

LOL, that's right, Matt. Don't take any crap from those temperamental directors. Your camera work was awesome. Nice job, you guys!

26-Jun-08
Just another affirmation why my home page is set to Bowsite. What an awesome hunt!

Matt--looks like you shoot better than your dad. Great job.

Pat--What are your plans for the skin? Briefcase? Boots? Full body mount jaws open trying to eat your lion?

26-Jun-08
Awesome job guys! Congrats!

26-Jun-08
Congrats to both of you on a great bowhunt. Looks like you had a great time. Really looking forward to the fried gator at the First Annual Bowsite Summer Picnic. Hint. Hint. Have a great summer!

26-Jun-08
Good filming there Matt. Great hunt and congrats to both of you. Mike

26-Jun-08
This is really neat.

Now i have to consider doing that hunt sometime.

I do have a question, Pat, on what does one do with the gator meat (provide details on how it is handled, costs,etc.) and are you going to do do something with the hides?

Basically my question is now what becomes of the gators?

26-Jun-08
Pat and Matt- congrats. . . that was awesome.

Just curious. . .

1) Pat, your gator did not look dead when you guys secured it?? Yes/No?? If not, why do they not disaptch it before they secure it? How would you dispatch it if needed?

2) Aren't you all afraid of their tail? I was always on the idea that there tail is the most dangerous?

Thanks. . . wow. . . congrats again. Dan

26-Jun-08
very neat. i did not think that would interest me until i got the feedback from you that it was great. these live hunts end up costing me way too much money. we need more live hunts for stuff like squirrels, chickadees, bullfrogs, or something that does not end up costing me money.

26-Jun-08
Congrats.

Nice camera work Matt.

Is Pat Jr. going next time?

26-Jun-08
Great job Pat and Matt. My son Tyler and I and our friend Jeff and his son will be heading down at the end of August for a DIY hunt. All the tips and advice you offered are fantastic! Hopefully, we will have some opportunities at a gator.

26-Jun-08
Thanks Pat. . .

26-Jun-08
Pat, What was the cost of the hunt?

26-Jun-08
Matt

congrads on your nice alligator and a great job on the video

Pat

Curious what is your son's rug going to cost?

27-Jun-08
Has anyone tried Gator...how does it taste ? Like CHicken lol

27-Jun-08

Boarhawg52's embedded Photo
Boarhawg52's embedded Photo
Congrats guys. Y'all were not to far from me. The gators are gettign crazy around here. Here's a picture of an 11'7" gator killed 30 yards from my house in the river. Me in the garnet shirt on the end.

• Sitka Gear