jims 27-Jul-14
turkeyhunter 28-Jul-14
Drop tine 28-Jul-14
sbschindler 04-Aug-14
14-Apr-09

Kdog's embedded Photo
Kdog's embedded Photo

Kdog's Link
Has anyone ever used this inflatable Moose decoy?

14-Apr-09
No, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I am definitely going to look into it. If the price is right I will test it this coming fall.

14-Apr-09
I emailed the company, they said it was $220 plus shipping from Quebec. It runs on a 6volt battery, and from what I gathered the fan has to run all the time. (like a Christmas decoration.) I was a little concerned about the possible noise. I guess if it is too windy it might blow around>????

14-Apr-09
I agree that it certainly is a big disadvantage if that fan has to run all the time. Noise and hard on batteries. I'll give them a call.

I have the Montana silhouette moose decoy and it has a tendency to move in the wind too. I tried it out a little for the first time last year. I find it a little small and light colored but still think that it should work well under certain conditions. We killed two moose before I had a chance to use it.

A 3D decoy would be much easier to strategically set up.

17-Apr-09

MooseMan's embedded Photo
MooseMan's embedded Photo

MooseMan's Link
Hello, my hunting partner and I made our own decoy and it looks pretty good. We used a picture of a cow moose and projected it onto a wall until it was 6 feet at the shoulder. We then traced the outline on paper and cut it out. Then we took it to a sewing shop and had them make it out of black canvas and put some loops ini it. Have a look and see what you think, it's easy to make.

18-Apr-09
How is it held up? Did you thread the loops with a cable and tie off to the tree to make it taunt? Do you fold it up and transport it in your back pack? C

19-Apr-09

MooseMan's Link
Hi agaim, it has held up for 5 years so far and no trouble yet. The loops were sewn over the back, bum, and nose area. I took a length of cord and strung it between two tress in my back yard and then took some heavy test fishing line and a big needle. I put the needle through the centre of the cord and though the double seam of the decoy. Because the moose back is uneven I had to use different lengths of line to make the moose look level. there is about 15 feet of cord on each end of the decoy, and one on each leg at the bottom to tie to a long to keep it from becoming a flag. There is also one 10 foot cord tied to the nose. The whole thing rolls up to about the size of a foot ball and goes into the pack. To set up I just tie the ass end cord to a tree or brush, then tie the head end, then the nose. I usually just lay a rock or log on the foot cords. It takes just a few seconds to set up and can be done easily in the dark. This would work for a cow elk too.

22-Apr-09

Broken Arrow's embedded Photo
Broken Arrow's embedded Photo
We have used decoys in our operations for many years and the best ones to use are those that you can move. We have made them out of 4" insulation with a piece of PBS stuck up in the belly at the balance point. The PBS fits over a stake driven in the ground and with strings attached to the head and to the rear end we can move the decoy about 90 degrees. Moose are very sensitive to movement so this helps keep a bull focused on the decoy.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures. Moosemans advice on projecting the picture to get a realistic look is the same as we use.

22-Apr-09
A few years back a huge bull (the biggest I've seen) got hung up 70 yards from my canvas decoy, and would not come any closer no matter how many dry little branches I broke in my stand in desperation trying to draw him in Never used it again....been pretty succesful without one.

31-Aug-09
I have purchased one of the inflatable cow moose last year. As far as i am concerned it the best on the market. the fan is whisper quiet runs forever on the battery, u can make the head move by turning it on/off, gives it life. As long as u have it tied down right wind is not a factor. It fold up in a little bag and its super light, fits in your back pack. and when blown up it's 6 feet tall, give it a try works great, i have some video on it i will try finding it and put it on here.

01-Sep-09

Kdog's embedded Photo
Kdog's embedded Photo
Well, I ordered one of these decoys. I had a few minor issues with the unit as it came from the factory, but they took care of me, no problem. I finally go around to blowing it up in the back yard. I will be sure try to post how I this thing works in the bush in Canada in a few weeks.

01-Sep-09

Kdog's embedded Photo
Kdog's embedded Photo
more pics

01-Sep-09

Kdog's embedded Photo
Kdog's embedded Photo

01-Sep-09

Kdog's embedded Photo
Kdog's embedded Photo

27-Jul-14
bump. Has anyone had much experience with these products. Looks like a very cool product.

27-Jul-14
A decoy is fine if you don't move much but if you are doing much hiking it may be a royal pain in the rear carrying and setting up! I've had bulls hold up 200 yards from me while calling but if I whack and scrape a tree with a stick....here they come! If a decoy doesn't move it may be just as bad as not using one? I guess it's up to you whether you want to carry a giant decoy around.

28-Jul-14
We have been using Montana Cow Moose decoys for years. They work great, moose will walk right up to them. Makes is a little easier to set up for a close bow range.

28-Jul-14
jims- that decoy will collapse right down and is blown up with a small fan. If it is anything like the blow up Santa I use for Christmas it would weigh next to nothing and be very easy to set up, probably even easier than a Montana decoy.

May not matter, I can't seem to find one online.

04-Aug-14
 photo ontario2011073_zps8abafb9f.jpg

We've used one and they work great, I have heard the company who use to make them quit making them, I have a contact in Canada who bought several when they were closing out and he may have one he will sell ?? we did make several modifications and now use a remote off on switch and stepped up the voltage from 12 volt to an 18 volt dewalt battery, PM me and I will get you some more info

photo 2013ontariomoosehunt138_zps42e17108.jpg

• Sitka Gear