BOWUNTR 27-Aug-13
Rick M 27-Aug-13
Mad_Angler 27-Aug-13
South Farm 27-Aug-13
DonVathome 27-Aug-13
BOWUNTR 31-Aug-13
mixed bag 13-Nov-13
25-Aug-13
Wondering how many of you guys are doing unguided moose trips this year in Alaska.If you could,post up the transporter your using.I'm really trying to go on a diy moose trip next year and wanted to get some reviews of the different transporters.I leave tomorrow for Alaska using 40 mile air for a caribou trip.I couldn't possibly be more excited Looking forward to hearing about peoples moose hunts this season

26-Aug-13
I live up here in Ak, and head outbfor a DIY moose/caribou/bear hunt.

I don't fly in. But, you can't do any better than 40 mile air!

26-Aug-13
I'm not doing moose... I'm gonna kill a moose! I leave on the 8th for 15 days with 40 mile air... can't wait, this is gonna be good... Ed F

26-Aug-13
Ed, good luck!! shoot a biggin.

Rick M

26-Aug-13
You'll have a fantastic hunt Ed...I have a friend who is going in with 4MA about the same time as you. What bow are you hauling in...that pretty recurve?

I will be in camp on the 8th...central AK via Super Cub. This marks my 6th straight year of diy moose, caribou and black bears. Two weeks from now we'll be scanning the bush from above...looking for bone.

26-Aug-13
Scott, I suggest that you look no further than 40 mile air for your moose hunt. You will be a past client next year an can get in on a great moose hunt. I will share everything I know. This is my 3rd trip with 40 mile and have plans to go back for caribou... 100% satisfaction.

Rick, I hope to have your luck...

Kevin, I don't feel proficient enough with my recurve yet... it'll be my Bow tech. My plan is to step it up next year... Thanks and good luck to you. Ed F

26-Aug-13
Sounds like fun! Good luck folks!

26-Aug-13
Don't know you but good luck-Moose is the only thing I don't think I'll get off my bucket list-did everything else I wanted but never made the Moose & time caught up to me. Have a great trip, be safe & kill a big un.

27-Aug-13
Leaving the 14th of September returning the 28th and using Papa Bear Adventures.I will post when I get home. Bob.

27-Aug-13
I know this: If you all return with no stories and no pics for Bowsite then you WILL be getting bad reviews from us! Have fun and good luck!

27-Aug-13
Leaving Saturday Sept 7. Real DIY. No Air service or anything. Just drive until the road stops and hike in 20 miles... (use a canoe to float the moose back out)

27-Aug-13
WOW... hiking in 20 miles in the Alaskan bush carrying a raft and enough supplies to do a moose hunt is taking it to the next level... hope you've done this before and know what you're in for. Good luck to everyone. 12 days... Ed F

27-Aug-13
Ed X2! 20 miles on the tundra is like 40 anywhere else:)

Good luck!!

Rick M

27-Aug-13
I should have been more clear... We are pulling scanoes upstream for about 20 miles. After the hunt, we float the gear and hopefully the moose back down.

I have done it once before. It was an astronomical amount of work to get up that far. But it was worth it...

27-Aug-13
I can't even imagine how long it takes to "pull a scanoe upstream for 20 miles". Are you sure you will have energy enough to pull your bow back? I hope you get lucky and shoot one before you have to go that far..

27-Aug-13
Good luck guys! I went last year with gun, got a caribou then moved for moose. Had 2 legal moose (for residents!) on runaway first legal hunting day. Was pretty sure they were legal for me but not 100%, before I could be sure they winded me. It still haunts me.

31-Aug-13
8 days... Ed F

13-Nov-13
Bowhunter,could you pm me??I want to talk about your moose hunt.I have a partner now for next year and want to pick your brain a little

• Sitka Gear