Sitka Gear
Using downed moose as scent. Anybody?
Moose
Contributors to this thread:
stick slinger 09-Sep-13
sbschindler 09-Sep-13
Grindstone 30-Dec-13
09-Sep-13
I have not done a lot of whitetail hunting, but I remember reading about the idea of using a dead doe in heat as scent for pulling in a buck. It went something like draining the bladder and taking the hind leg scent glands and mixing them together. Wondering if anybody has tried this with moose? Moose hunting is much different as the animals per square mile is much lower (in most cases). Up here in Northwest Ontario, there are a lot of meat hunters and many cows are taken so it may be a possible experiment. I have an archery cow tag and if I am lucky enough to get one I think I am going to give it a try. I have a couple buddies with bull tags so it would be fun to experiment. Anyone ever try this?

09-Sep-13
I believe it is illegal to use actual moose scent while hunting in Ontario, there is a product called mares urine that is used by a lot of moose hunters.. it is not real mare's urine but made in a lab somewhere. It seems to work though..

30-Dec-13
Any time I am involved in or have available a fresh Bull Moose kill I always extract there urine and use it with much sucess to totally mess with Bulls in other areas to make them think a new Bull is trying to steal his Cows and it really works. Try it you'll have alot of fun...

• Sitka Gear