Adventurewriter 04-Nov-13
Rob in VT 04-Nov-13
woodguy65 05-Nov-13
Well-Strung 05-Nov-13
Adventurewriter 05-Nov-13
03-Nov-13

Adventurewriter's embedded Photo
87 year old dad just put down a HUUUUUGE Colorado cow moose. We had great time and as you can see the snow made it an incredibly beautiful winter wonderland accented with changing aspens. At first we thought it was a bull and for a few seconds it was pretty hectic on shoot or don't shoot. But dad handled the pressure like an old pro with the steely nerves tempered over the years….( no rust there…;) and pulled off a perfect shoulder shot. A mountain of great meat and a experience of a lifetime for both out us.......you can't see it but the one where I am dragging the meat he has a camera in one hand and a whip in the other...;) He use to use the same technique when I was mowing the lawn....;)

Down at the DOW check in there were two good sized Bulls being checked in and this cows head was 10 inches longer than those bulls

An extra thanks to Jaucomo Feral for pointing us to a few of the good spots in the unit….

03-Nov-13

03-Nov-13

03-Nov-13
Well done Dad now make that Whippersnapper son of yours keep on dragging them out for you!!! ;^)))

Ole thumper

03-Nov-13

03-Nov-13
Badass!! Very cool!!

03-Nov-13

03-Nov-13

03-Nov-13
That's great! Congrats to your dad and you!

03-Nov-13
Very cool, grats!

I hope I'm still killing stuff when I'm 87

03-Nov-13
Congrats, thats great, I though I was old to go elk hunting, according to you I have 15 plus years to go.

03-Nov-13
Very cool story- Congrats

If this news gets to Washington if could possibly have a negative effect on Obamacare coverage !!! A man in that good of shape doesn't need healthcare. LOL

03-Nov-13
That is Unreal !! Congrats

03-Nov-13
Congrats! I sure hope I'm still hunting at his age.

03-Nov-13
He really was excited and made a great shot at crunch time.....he has shot allot of game with that Model 70 aught six

03-Nov-13
Great pictures...They will mean a lot in years to come. I would give anything to hunt with my dad again

03-Nov-13
Way to go. Awesome

04-Nov-13
Fantastic! Congrats to you both. My Dad's last hunt was for waterfowl when he was 84 and we took my blind 85 year old uncle as well. Set decoys in a pea field in the fog and the geese and greenheads poured in for a morning feed. My dad put on a shooting clinic and shot a whack of canadas and mallards in pretty short order. I sat right beside my blind uncle and watched him "sound shoot" at flock after flock that piled into the decoys. He shot about 2 boxes of shells and knocked off a couple feathers. We laughed till we cried several times that morning. Great to see veteran hunters still in the game.

04-Nov-13
Great job Dad, and good on you for being there for him and paying it back. Congrats to both of you !

04-Nov-13
Wow! That is great! Beats the hell out of shuffling around a nursing home

04-Nov-13
When I lived in Co. I was constantly amazed by how tough some of the 'Old Timers' were; and here is another perfect example. Congratulations!

04-Nov-13
X2 to what Stonegoat said! Congrats!

04-Nov-13
Sweet bro! Very cool for sure. Them steaks were great. Thanks...

04-Nov-13
He has had two knee replacements....one of his acchilles tendons complelty came loose a few years back and the said...well we could do surgery and years of therapy or you can learn to get along without it....he learned to get along with out it...

04-Nov-13
That's awesome! Congrats to your Dad.

05-Nov-13
Hey thats awesome - congratulations to your father!

Rob Nye - you could write a book - thats flipin' hilarious!

05-Nov-13
Ted, Congrats to you and your dad! My folks were really happy to see you both made it up and got to visit with them in moose camp. The bull my dad got was great table fare as I'm sure that cow is too. Also a thanks to you and Lou for the info. Awesome job!

05-Nov-13
WS Just got done eating some minutes ago...it is good... We did enjoy meeting your parents....all around a fun time... I took some little videos right after he shot....so glad I took the time to do that...

• Sitka Gear