HDE 19-Nov-13
jerseyjohn 20-Nov-13
Mule Power 20-Nov-13
GameEarGabe 20-Nov-13
Kevin Dill 20-Nov-13
GotBowAz 20-Nov-13
gottoohunt 20-Nov-13
19-Nov-13
I am headed to BC next year I would like to have a way to charge my camera and satellite phone while there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks Gabe

19-Nov-13
I know that the quality is not top notch but Harbor freight has solar chargers. I bought one it works so far.

19-Nov-13
I saw some at Harbor Freight also. Think they are around $25-30 range. No nothing more.

19-Nov-13
Goal zero.

19-Nov-13
I have the goal zero... 100% satisfied. Ed F

19-Nov-13
Goal Zero

20-Nov-13
Goal Zero...........

20-Nov-13
Brunton

20-Nov-13
Did you guys use the goal zero with a battery pack to store the charge?

20-Nov-13
Here's a serious question:

Does a charger make more sense than extra batteries? I've thought about a charger, but it's not like they're weightless or hassle-free. Our satellite phone has never used more than 2 batteries in a 2 week hunt. I take 2 extra camcorder batteries and 2 extra GoPro batteries, and after many years I've never expended them all on a hunt. Proprietary lithium batteries are physically light and generally small. I can put extra sat phone, GoPro and Camcorder batteries in a single sandwich ziplock bag. Nice thing about extra batteries is the instant replacement and power-up.

Mainly curious about others thoughts...not trying to redirect this thread.

20-Nov-13
So which Goal Zero are you guys using and is it the solar rechargers or the power packs?

It looks like the smallest Solar unit that can fold up is still a half pound. however it can be opened up and put on your back pack while hiking. I like that option but I would like to hear your thoughts on any of them you guys use.

I go on a lot of back packing hunts and do have cell service in most places but no way to charge my phone. I have a Droid and it eats up batteries fast out in the field. I have a 1 day charge max if I leave it on. otherwise I have to shut the phone down and wait for reboot when I turn it back on.

Thanks GBA

20-Nov-13
I spent 8 days hunting moose in Alberta in an area where I had no phone service. I use my phone for keeping a journal and sunrise and sunset times and by putting the phone on airplane mode I did not have to charge the phone during the entire hunt. It surprised me as I keep thinking I would have to start taking notes for my journal and writing down times for legal times for hunting. Just another option that might save money from having to buy a solar charger.

• Sitka Gear