Moose
Contributors to this thread:
Vids 03-Jan-14
Vids 03-Jan-14
sticksender 03-Jan-14
Vids 03-Jan-14
Mathews Man 03-Jan-14
03-Jan-14
I know how to read the Hunt Recap Summaries for other species, but I'm always confused by moose. They list all the methods of take together with a number of licenses that I assume is split amongst all three methods.

For instance under deer they would have separate license quotas for archery, muzzy and rifle with draw statistics for each. But under moose, they list all of them together with one license quota.

Is there a way to tell how many licenses go to archery, muzzy and rifle?

03-Jan-14
Looking at the license quotas from 2013, it says "Allocation of these licenses will float between the moose seasons in accordance with the hunt code chosen by successful applicants"

Does this mean it's all just one pool and you can choose whatever method you want? So there's no advantage to applying for archery vs. rifle?

03-Jan-14
They list it by weapon in the harvest reports. But yeah, with regards to drawing odds, it doesn't matter what weapon you choose, its all one pool. You can even change your mind once your drawn, and exchange your tag for another weapon choice/season.

03-Jan-14
Thanks, that makes sense.

03-Jan-14
It is also the only species in Colorado that once you draw a tag you can turn it in and switch it for another weapon choice if you desire to switch it.

• Sitka Gear